Sillymods [Currently frozen WIP]

@thecarlover thanks! :smiley:

@Madrias @strop Well, now you can test it for yourselves :wink:

Here is the download link: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=668943016
Also, I found a weird bug that Iā€™m unable to replicate, in which the tire width canā€™t be modified, no matter how big the fender flares are, so, if anyone find that bug, please tell me about it so I can figure out whatā€™s wrong.
Also, I donā€™t know if it is the new aero calculations, but the body is a little bit overpower in comparison to the other bodies in the same decade.

Iā€™ll publish the Stand-alone version when Iā€™m done with the other variants :slight_smile:

Excellent work on the body. Iā€™m glad to see more sporty front engine bodies making it into the game, especially for this era.

Great work! A body like this is something Iā€™ve wanted for a while.

Gave it a quick shot at making a 1998 sports car and didnā€™t run into any problems with tire sizes.

3 Likes

The shape of this body is great. Itā€™s just what we need for the era.

Some critical feedback:

• The flares come out quite bumpy mainly because of the way it morphs. It tapers out to a very sharp edge (same as your 90s GT body). I know this is probably a lot of work, but is it possible to make the arch flares an area, for example, like with the not-F40 80s supercar body?
  • The bonnet seam runs so deep down to the nose of the car that itā€™s impossible to place grilles over it without the seam cutting through, which will prove quite limiting for grille and fixture placement. Is it possible to move the front seam further up the bonnet?
  • Wheels larger than 670mm diameter clip through the rear flare!
  • Same as the seam at the front, the boot seam is so close to the vertex that the seam clips through any grilles or fixtures that are placed on the rear.
1 Like

Thanks for the feedback Strop.
Iā€™ll check those things before working on the variants.
The archflares morph itā€™s easy to do (and tedious :expressionless:), Iā€™ll work on that first.

Personally, Iā€™d like to either shorten the cab by moving the windshield, door, and firewall back a bit, or to stretch the nose a little more, but as it is, I like it.

Itā€™s a little smaller than the shell I built the Mamba on, and itā€™s fasterā€¦ A lot faster. I like that, though. F-AWD can compete with M-R or M-AWD for top speed now!

Model updated, now the wheel arches flares morph smootly, not like the non-F40 but they morph more smootly and nice.
Also the thing with the seams itā€™s fixed ;D

3 Likes

Those changes are great, all the issues are pretty much resolved!

Managed to cram 2000hp of V12 into the AWD configuration (it would be slightly more if I made the fuel mixture but I donā€™t want economy of like 2MPGā€¦) With maxxed out aero the thing will do 440km/h easy LOL.

And just wait for the fastback version :sweat_smile:

If you have a movable cabin then thatā€™d open up the possibility for morphing the engine bay backwards, and making it even larger (if I understand right) with the new game engine coming up.

Then I can whack a truly big V16 in there :imp:

So when the game moves to unreal the firewall is going to move with the cabin? That sounds awesome!!!

Confirming what Strop said. 2000hp, more-than-sufficient cooling to keep from killing the engine, and 290 mph is not out of the realm of possibility. If I choke the engine and make a one-run-and-done car out of it, Iā€™d be legitimately scared of how fast this thing is. (Granted, my testing prototype is getting 9 MPG, which, letā€™s face it, is legitimately rubbish.)

As such, Iā€™m impressed. A lot impressed, actually.

9MPG is still better than any 1970s GM Full Size Wagon.

9 MPG isnā€™t that bad from a hypercar. Besides, I have a 0.1 MPG car with over 350k in annual fuel costs, so comparatively, 9 MPG is amazing :sweat_smile:

Well, I told you guys the body was OP :sweat:
When I was researching for the Cd of the viper and the Cerbera, they had something like 0.35 the viper and (not from an official source) 0.307 for the Cerbera. I ended up using around 0.347 or so for the Cd calculations, and the car body ended up between 0.22 and 0.23, a little higher than my GT1 body.

Anyways, I just updated the mod and added 2 more variants

Convertible w/soft top

T-top

I tried to do a fastback variant, but the shape was weird, so instead I change the rear window morph to allow more movement, so you can get something more close to a semi-fastback.
Also the front and rear morphs allow more movement as well.
If you find something weird and GAME BREAKING let me know :slight_smile:

EDIT: I added the download link in the OP for the stand alone version.

1 Like

I donā€™t think itā€™s that OP. An AWD front-engined car with 2000+ horsepower and an aerodynamic shape should go pretty bloody fast. Itā€™s not huge, so the weightā€™s low (especially when built entirely with carbon fiber), and itā€™s a very aerodynamic shape. I see no reason why this car shouldnā€™t go fast.

Well, that was just my impression then :sweat_smile:

NEXT WIP?

As I stated a couple of months before, I wanted to do a collection of coupes, one from the 90s, one from the 00s and one from 10s. So, any ideas of a cool coupe for the 2000s? I was thinking in a mix of a Aston Martin and a Maserati, maybeā€¦ do you guys have an idea for a cool coupe?

Alsoā€¦ Iā€™m trying somethingā€¦

5 Likes

917 Kurzheck. LEGEND!!!

Also if youā€™re looking for a cool coupe for 2000ā€™s we could use another RR body like a 911, we also could use a cool MR small convertible (Boxter). If weā€™re looking at FR composition then weā€™re very much covered in GT category. But a 90ā€™s viper/vette style body would not go a miss.

I second the MR small convertible idea. Having a front engine option would be great too. I love using the Miata/S2000 bodies but the desirability always takes a hit due to the age.