Something wierd with suspension

Made this car yesterday, just for fun.

(the vent [size=50](at the door)[/size] and the front fender don’t seem to like each other)

When i got to the suspension tab it looked kinda odd.

I wonder if something has gone wrong somewhere. It uses some parts from the Steam Workshop. Numberplate, '40s indicator[size=50](i think)[/size] at the rear and the F40 wing.

robert.norgren - Car Model 9.zip (96.9 KB)

Looks like the shape of the curve is typical of an MR car with strong rearward weight bias. Though yes holy moly that’s a big bump. I thought the bump was nowhere near that big! It’s not as if the front is actually bouncing right off… Or is it?

It’s about 330-340 kg on the front axle, with no lift at 200 km/h, the body is actually moving more than the wheel. At what speed is the bumptest done?

Anyone knows the height of the test bump?

Because super low profile tires + super hard suspension = more or less the entire bump sent through the car.

The test bump is 2cm.

It wasn’t the bump test graph that caught my eye though. :stuck_out_tongue:

The car has a 28.9% - 71.1% weight distribution. Thats 2.5 times more weight on the rear axle. The rear springs are more than 3.5 times stronger.
The front-rear wheel movement ratio is 3 times, but the front-rear body movement ratio is more than 5 times.

I wonder if I should try another wing, and see if that have something to do with it.

[quote=“Slim Jim”]The test bump is 2cm.

It wasn’t the bump test graph that caught my eye though. :stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]

Are we sure it wasn’t increased? There was some talk about that a while back…

In my experience these huge bumps are related to to the ratio of unsprung versus sprung mass in the front end of the car, in this case big heavy wheels with very little weight over them. The only way I’ve found to “solve” the problem is to use narrower, smaller wheels in front.

You think it’s a error in the calculations somwhere? That only appear under certain circumstances?

I have honestly not seen anything like that before.

[quote=“strop”]
Are we sure it wasn’t increased? There was some talk about that a while back…[/quote]

Hey strop, if it was changed that’s the first I’ve heard of it. 2 cm is all I could find in the search, but I could be wrong.