SPC01 | No Acorns Here | Closed

Thanks for the review. IIRC I made the interior cheap because I felt that the perps didnt need creature comforts, completely skipping past how the officers may feel on day to day driving. I remember thinking a bout a radio, then i said FUCK THAT RADIO…:man_facepalming:t6:

2 Likes

Yeah, standard interior and radio would have more than doubled your comfort score. The thing about no comforts in the back seat makes sense, though. If only there were an option to set the interior spec by row!

4 Likes

Oof, looks like the headlights were replaced with a grille texture, possibly due to a mod.

Anyway, that was certainly an interesting bunch of cars. I knew I didn’t go for a balanced build, so I can’t say I’m too surprised by my verdict. Those reviews made for a good read. Cheers!

4 Likes

I just checked, and you’re right–for some reason the headlight texture became a grille texture when I imported it. Honestly, looks good either way, and I didn’t penalize in any way because I figured the headlights had to be there somehwere.

2 Likes

sigh
It would appear that the assembly team forgot to install the police software with the test cars built in display. we apologize and assure youre department that this was 1 of 25 interceptors that were installed with civilian software for unknown reasons, we’ve issued an update on both interceptor and SS models to assure the correct software is correctly installed.

Ooc: good reveiw, and a narrow miss from the podium do to poor handling on my part, haha.

2 Likes

I’m back from Mexico, so I can get to scoring these cars now!
Expect the scoring from me to be done by next week, and thanks to oldmanbuick for doing an absolutely superb job judging these cars!

2 Likes

I’ll go ahead and act as the corporate shills at the PD and rate them for only stats alone for two points.
Once again, expect a judging by next week at the latest.

2 Likes

A shame I didn’t have the time to finish my entry — it would definitely have stood out for some of my choices, to say the least. All-aluminum, equipped with an inline-5, driving the rear wheels… ah, well. Long past the due date, sadly. Good writing for the reviews!

2 Likes

What could I have done to increase my safety rating?

I think the biggest safety issue, as suggested in the review, was that it was using standard 90s safety tech. I think all of the others had standard or advanced 00s. Most of the other cars were between about 60 and 62 in safety scores, with the Flint and Arnoc as outliers at 64.5 and 68.8. AHS steel also would have boosted safety–evidenced by the class-leading Arnoc having an AHS steel chassis.

3 Likes

To be fair, I’m quite used for being in one of the last positions in pretty much anything, but at least I tried my best. Oh well, I guess I’m not gonna go ranked well in this.

Im so sorry for my crap look car and missing third brake I kept forgot about it that was winner. Im surprised for my car was cheapest than most because I set on middle range of the rule (10,000$-25,000$).

If you want a faster one, I would suggest this car with 300+hp turbocharger FWD and call it Megocom Jetta Fireball. Though service would problem.

advanced steel will best to do. All aluminum panels will low safety a bit, so particularly aluminum is best one for my opinion. It also depended body and size, though I think your car is alright. If you extend front or rear bumper and safety will increase.

psss, change from advanced safety to high quality standards safety will save you 100kg for same safety score and price.

1 Like

No need to apologize! I know you were scrambling to get this one submitted, and I have been that guy several times with the well-engineered but not very good looking car (especially when scrambling to complete the car). Sorry if I was too hard on your design!

Nah I honestly my car look bad in own opinion already. Because Im bad at design at 2010s or newer. Please give me a feedback for any improvement this style.

To be fair, I’m usually the opposite. The main reason why my car was a manual is because I put one entire interior panel that includes a manual transmission, and there is no way to change the colors of the entire manual transmission separated (as far as I remember), so I couldn’t really make it automatic because of that. And I’ve made the interior before I heard that manual would make me lose points, so I guess I’ve earned this. I like to make interiors for whatever kind of car I’m gonna use for entry in the competitions, because I’m the kind of guy who exports the cars to BeamNG and I don’t want my cars to look worse. But y’know, this comes to the cost that I’m usually one of the last ranked ones in the competitions.

Scoring From @SrPinguino:

8th Place: Wells Lucida PPV

• Not exactly great safety features, cookie-cutter interior. Nice performance though.

7th Place: TBC Suide ST07

• Bad fuel economy and reliability, otherwise it’s a nice car.

6th Place: Vermillion Valor 354 Sport

• Solid in all categories, but the manual does it in for this. Oof.

5th Place: Arnoc Interceptor

• Bad cornering, expensive servicing and horrid gas mileage. Safety doesn’t do much for this guy.

4th Place: Van Zandt Cavalier Intender

• Good safety ratings, good cornering, alright gas mileage, although better than average, and is a fairly reliable car.
    _

To the podium we go!

3rd Place: Volitor Metropolitan 3.6 Limited

• Good MPG, okay cornering, fairly reliable, cheap servicing and alright safety, but lackluster performance. It makes a third place on the leaderboard.

2nd Place: Flint Sentinel Interceptor

• Average cornering and top speed, slow 0-60 time, and lackluster MPG. However… the basics do win a lot. It’s certainly “enough,” but it has a stupid cheap servicing, and quoted by the Duo, (Ryan and Esposito) “you have to really hard to break that thing.”

1st Place: Megocom Jetta Burnout

• Although it was “half-finished,” it has some great features for police work, like the MPG, speed and handling, and above-average scores for basically everything else, and it’s cheap to get and service!

Thanks to @oldmanbuick for judging, and @DuceTheTruth100 , @VanZandt_Breda , @PhirmEggplant , @Ananas , @LennoxV10 , @Flingang and @Hilbert for participating in this challenge, and to the other people who suggested new rules and rule changes! This was a blast!

8 Likes

I will be working on a new challenge soon!

Don’t expect it too soon, but I am going to work on it, and I’d love to hear your ideas!

Sorry for bumping the post, but I am trying to figure out how to format my challenge like how other people format theirs, for example, in QFC47 - Fast 4the Family (Open for Submission) - #61 by abg7. If any of you could help, that would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Late reply but theres a number of ppl on the discord who can help with css coding type stuff if you want to ask there

1 Like