Sports/Supercar Design Thread

Iirc it get 4.7s to 60 and then 160ish MPH :sunglasses:

Yep, can confirm. Also, that turbo lag.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming: well look at that

I feel like having more than 100hp/litre in the 70s requires some serious turbo lag. Even better with RR and Italian reliability!

2 Likes

Since it seemed to do so well in the appropriate challenge, I thought I would give the poster for the car a try:

4 Likes

Rear design is quite smooth, I Like it!

3 Likes

1999 LVC LCS2

Originally built for QFC28 and reworked for QFC35 to account for the various 4.3 open beta changes.

In its current form it makes 160bhp (20 fewer than before) but it now weighs less than it used to.

Credit that to fitment of a lighter AHS steel chassis, which is more expensive, but certainly stiffer.

The power delivery is less peaky than before, but it still retains its trademark agility through the corners.

3 Likes

2000 Cavaliere Nobile Stradale

It´s an engine with five wheels attached to it (four for road contact, one for steering).

3 Likes

TGR Industries | 2014 Elsa ZS

The Elsa ZS is the race development variant in the Elsa line of sports cars.
On the same naturally aspirated V6 RWD platform as its compatriots, this vehicle produces 315 HP from the mid-mounted engine. The VZ variant of the V6 engine inside was improved with changes in the head and valve-train to support a red-line of 11.4k RPM. The chassis is a lightweight AHS steel with aluminum panel to trim weight, sporting a final total of 2681 lbs. 300mm rear tires keep this beast on the road most of the time, especially considering it supports advanced modern safety trims and features from 2014. Active suspension keeps it maneuverable at high speed while remaining comfortable.
Developed as a statement to where TGR Industries has grown, the car stands as a testament to the engineering strength and finesse present in the design team at TGR Industries.

4 Likes

1995 AMS Archangel 6.0 GT

An old build from the days of 4.1, revised and updated for 4.3 as a direct competitor to the LVC LS60. This is the missing link between the original '77 model and its 2004 replacement.

The nose and rear fascia (spoiler and all) remind me of an F50, but the bubble-like rear window, bifurcated by a roof scoop that extends all the way to the leading edge of the rear deck, is reminiscent of the McLaren F1.

In short, it’s the answer to the question “what if the Super Type 3 and Tuned Super from Burnout 3 had a baby?”, whereas the LS60 was more like “what if the Rossolini LM Classic from Burnout Paradise came out in the '90s”?

Additional pics

Poster, engine and dyno sheet

Arch Rivals

Here are a few shots of both cars together:

5 Likes

From presentation you can see that this is a very solid sports car, and maybe even a supercar. I am wondering - whether has this configuration understeer despite the thrust from the rear shaft? And given some breadth of the build, does it have low course stability, like the Noble M600 or Saleen S7? The external design is simple and at the same time playable. Perhaps that it’s stable at the freeway, but whether he slides in corners remains a mystery. This might be important, since Beam not allways meant true simulation…

It understeers at the limit, but not by much - what’s important is that it lacks a tendency to oversteer, as any car should.

I think you meant low-speed stability - with its sport undertray, front and rear lip fixtures, and functional rear wing, it has more than enough downforce to stay planted at any speed.

Yes, taking into account the side aero skirts,
splitter, anti - wing,
wide rear rollers, an oblong body, we will assume that, in general, the high speed stability has received 9/10 points, since the rear weight distribution is preserved here, and unstable shaking, caused by the effect of a bag from an insufficiently aerodynamic nose, in response to the steering fluctuation. After all, the sportcar should not hang out in two lanes, even at a speed of 180 + mph.

You may have a point. However, the Archangel’s nose, though bluffer than that of the LS60, is still quite aerodynamic, with a low frontal area.

Although we reduced the downforce by about 500 kg when we built the street version, the car also lived up to expectations and set a time of 6:15.013 on the Nurburgring

Even the Porsche 919 Hybrid Evo with its V4 at 1,160 horses with a weight of 850 kg with great effort overcame 20 km in 5 minutes and 19 seconds. However, you can register your entry when the export to Beam becomes available, or use a ready-made track for Automation (the pilot skill does not solve much, since you can conditionally take the best turn result and multiply by a coefficient - the total number of turns in the track). However, if you programmatically edit these machines and use mods, then it is quite possible to come to such results in simulator mode without special skills.

2 Likes

I don’t really want to use my car as a vase

Good, I am entering two of your records

2020 Aureon rS

Aureon rS R Super 6, specifically

A car entirely inspired by this thread. +15 race machine, however pretty sane to handle. Twin turbo V6, low weight, immense power. If you wanna learn more or download, go here.

2 Likes

finally got ray tracing capabilities

1989 Cornell Lynx Mk.III

basically, what if you crossed a z31 with a c4/5 vette

7 Likes