Sports/Supercar Design Thread

Good, I am entering two of your records

2020 Aureon rS

Aureon rS R Super 6, specifically

A car entirely inspired by this thread. +15 race machine, however pretty sane to handle. Twin turbo V6, low weight, immense power. If you wanna learn more or download, go here.

2 Likes

finally got ray tracing capabilities

1989 Cornell Lynx Mk.III

basically, what if you crossed a z31 with a c4/5 vette

7 Likes

Now that’s rad! I know the Vendetta body sets are all unlocked in 1991, so you needed at least +2 body techpool to use any of them in 1989. However, you made it fit right into the late 80s/early 90s with many styling cues of the era. Also, the 6.0L badge and hood bulge let other road users know that it’s got some serious firepower under that bonnet - for now, I’m assuming that its engine is a V8, most likely an overhead-valve one.

1 Like

Drachenwart 1100

Rival of the Porsche but with the front engine

8 Likes

1972 Voss 3500CSi

Meant to be a 70s mix of the Gullwing SL and BMW E24, turned out way more like a spiced up I6 C107. Interested? Learn more or download in my random stuff thread :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Drachenwart 1300 and 1300 S (1952)

4 Likes

Drachenwart 1100 R

Car built to compete in the 1951 24 Hours of Le Mans in the Sports class up to 1100 cc

2 Likes
1997 Alpha Echo Concept

440 horsepower, 1120kg from the extensive use of carbon-fiber, top speed of 210 mph, 0-60 in just about 4 seconds.

7 Likes

1969-1980 Vulcan Daytona Coupe

The first vehicle produced by Vulcan Automotive.
Specs:
It has a 289 Ci engine that produces 210 horsepower and 222 lbft. of torque
Double wishbone front suspension and solid axle leaf in the rear
0-60 in 7.2 seconds, 1/4 mile in 14.7
157 ft 60-0, .749g 200m cornering radius.

Only 3,000 models were produced during its entire production, and due to poor maintenance very few remain running today.

1 Like

Maibatsu Lynx. GL base model pictured in dark slate gray and GT pictured in frost pearl

9 Likes

'95 LVC LS60 4.0 Spyder and '05 AMS Archangel

This is a ground-up rethink of the original LS60 - it’s now a hardcore track-focused supercar with an open roof, making it closer to the F50 than any Zonda in ethos. This is because when reimagining the venerable LS60, I opted for a sports interior/premium CD player combo and a smaller, lighter 4.0L V12 making 500bhp, to save weight.

I like this new version better because part of me felt that up to now, the LS60 actually had too much power and needed expensive semi-slick trackday rubber to benefit from it; now, it only needs sports tires. But given that the 330 P4 (one of my aesthetic inspirations for this build) had an open roof, I felt it would be churlish not to create a roadster version.

The interior is more pared-back than in the original, with carbon and Alcantara replacing the wood and leather trim previously used. Also, the brightwork has been toned down to reflect the sportier ambiance.

500bhp, 10000rpm, and 1072kg (with maximum ballast fitted)… those figures are sure to put the fear of God into anyone - or anything - that’s brave enough to face it, whether on the open road or at a racetrack!

Poster and dyno sheet

It’s a welcome contrast to the '05 AMS Archangel 7.2 900 I made for QFC39 - a 900bhp beast whose 7.2L V12 revs to a slightly more reasonable, but still stratospheric 9000 rpm.

This time, I threw the kitchen sink at it with semi-active dampers, an e-LSD, and active sway bars, while still retaining the RWD/6-speed manual combination of the pre-4.3 version shown here.

I also made a tamer 700bhp version for INSTT as a Tier 6 car, to complement the LS60 Spyder (which was my Tier 5 submission there), although I still like the 900bhp version more.

Interior comparison

Both of these cars, in their current forms, would have been every schoolboy’s wet dream - even among supercar/hypercar fantasies, these two thrive on revs, and lots of 'em. I wouldn’t be surprised if they became wall poster material, and something meant not for poseurs, but for serious drivers.

3 Likes

Same one in QFC39, Colere Sport Pyrenes Spyder 3.5

3 Likes

2018 Leisurely CNR4 Ultimate Evolution

CNR4 This legitimate road race car can be hailed as a masterpiece that leads the wave of speed and excitement. First, let’s talk about its mesmerizing exterior design. The body’s lines are filled with a sense of power, flowing with dynamic energy, revealing a majestic and unique aesthetic appeal. The combination of carbon fiber material and exquisite craftsmanship creates a breathtaking form that shines brilliantly in every inch. Undoubtedly, this car is truly a work of art.

CNR4 also boasts remarkable performance that commands attention. It is equipped with an RV31 3.1-liter V6 twin-turbocharged engine, unleashing powerful and stable dynamics. Whether it’s flying on straightaways or navigating bends, it responds swiftly, delivering unparalleled driving pleasure to the driver. Furthermore, the precise suspension system and brake system cooperate seamlessly, providing excellent stability for the vehicle.

For those who have the privilege of experiencing the ultimate evolution of the CNR4, every drive is a luxurious and exhilarating experience. The Alcantara seats are comfortable and ergonomically designed, offering unparalleled seating posture for the driver. The driver can fully immerse themselves and savor the joy and freedom of driving.

In conclusion, the CNR4 is not just a sports car but also a manifestation of ultimate pursuit and refined taste. Its unique exterior, outstanding performance, and comfortable driving experience blend seamlessly together, bringing unprecedented pleasure and satisfaction to the driver.

Vehicle detailed parameters

Body:
Length(mm):4350
Width(mm):1900
Wheelbase (mm):2400
Body material: carbon fiber
Curb weight (kg): 973

engine:
Engine model: RV31 TT ST
Displacement(cc):3100
Intake form: turbocharged
Engine layout: longitudinal
Cylinder arrangement: V-shaped
Number of cylinders: 6 cylinders
Number of valves per cylinder: 4
Maximum horsepower (Ps):700@8500RPM
Maximum torque (Nm):700@6500RPM
Fuel number: 95

Gearbox:
Number of stalls: 6
Gearbox type: Sequential gearbox

Chassis:
Drive mode: mid-rear four-wheel drive
Suspension type: front and rear double wishbones
Chassis structure: load-bearing
Chassis material: carbon fiber

Wheel brake:
Brake Disc Type: Carbon Ceramic Ventilated Disc
Brake type: front 6, rear 4
Front tire specification: 275/30 R18
Rear tire specification: 315/35 R18

4 Likes

7 Likes

Would you happen to have a download for this vehicle? I’d like to review it for my magazine. Much appreciated!

2007 Honda NSX-R GT1 Road Car

What if Honda built a homologated GT1 car.

7 Likes

It’s barely recognizable as an NSX (specifically, the later NA2), but the idea is sound. And from what I’ve seen so far, you used one of the '80 Group C body sets and disguised it with 3D fixtures to get the desired shape.

Dead thread