Steam Closed Beta (Closed, Emails Sent)

I have been waiting for a while to become a beta tester for you and now that I have enough free time for this roll I would like to become a beta tester to help you with the steam release. I understand that beta-testing a game means putting a lot of time into balancing the game, bug hunting and providing far more detailed bug reports than I have been in the bug reporting thread recently.

As for my technical ability, while my strongest languages are C++ and C#, I am proficient in Lua and reasonable with MATLAB (although I don’t have access to MATLAB right now). While at university I tried to make a couple of programs for automation as part of my coursework, but these proved to be too complex to create within the short time frame of the coursework, especially since I could only work in C++ which is very impractical for editing the large lua tables that make up the save files. While the programs didn’t work properly it still shows that I’m more than willing to put a lot of time and effort into the game wherever possible even when this does not involve just playing around. Also, if Der Bayer’s challenges are anything to go by I seem to be quite good at finding and exploiting any part of the game that could potentially be buggy.

Hopefully I can be of some help to you,
Kind regards,

Reaper 392

I’m interested in the beta, because I have time to test, I like testing, and found bugs/problems, and I can give suggestions, and I will help the Automation team.

I would be very interesting in taking part in the beta. I love the ideas behind automation and I love the game itself. I have been a member since late 2013. I really want to help this game become even better than what it already is, its already great, but I think through testing from the community it will become even better. I have a lot of free time too test the game, I could maybe do an hour or two a day. Thank you.

Well I have quite a few dollars on steam so far. I am a programmer (10+ years), so I know the difference between a useful bug report and something with a great deal of unhelpful information.

I am fairly serious about automation since I made that track editor (which, honestly isn’t the hardest thing to program, but still), and I am dedicated to trying to improve and support it when I have the time to do so (working on it now actually).

Let’s see, aside from that I am 27 years old, currently back in college to resume my education… erm, I could post my CV. But basically, I find automation fun, i’m a programmer, QA people are my favorite people in the world, and I wouldn’t mind having the chance to be that for you.

I would love to contribute to the testing of Automation, I’ve owned a copy of Automation since it was in crowdfunding, and have been following the development closely ever since counting down to the public release. I don’t post here often, but have been following everything that goes on with the games development closely.

I personally work as a firmware engineer with a background in Computer Science and Electrical engineering, and in the past I have worked doing manual software QA and automated testing. I already play automation more then I probably should, so I don’t think time would be an issue. I have been passionate about cars since working on my University’s FSAE team, and my interest here is an extension of that.

Hopefully I can help, if not, I can’t wait for the official release.

I’m interested to join the beta, because I like some testings on the next update and found bugs, also owned a copy nearly 3 years ago and followed development often, but I think that working on scenarios is quite hard and not so fun.
Edit: If possible when the beta application was accepted, I’ll participate as a temporarily tester (for example, if the previous beta was participated and if I want to participate the next beta, I had to apply the beta application again).

I’d be overjoyed to help beta test, for a multitude of reasons:

1. I love this game(which is why i pre orderedit) and I want to support you guys in any way I can, even if it means spending hours bu hunting :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe I’m partially motivated because I want to see my money, but I mostly just want to see this brilliant idea come to fruition. I have vague memories of toying wit the idea of a car company tycoon, but I never found anything quite like this.

2. I might as well have OCD. I can spot bugs a mile away. 'Nuff said.

3. I have the rig to handle it :stuck_out_tongue: No, seriously. I built it :laughing:

4. I’m ubergood at finding every nook and cranny of games, I think I may be the only one who has caused GTA San Andreas to teleport things inside the road.

5. I’m motivated.

6. I already play Automation every day

Hello there,

before I wrote this post, I got in contact with pyrlix to ask him, how many time he thinks, that I have to spend daily. I had doubts that I wouldn’t have enough time for doing this beta tests beside work and other daily things. His answer was ok for me, so I decided to write my application and here it is (short but good :wink: ):

I’m a comparatively new Member in this communtity but active in the forum and nealry always on in the livechat. Some of you also know me as a badgemaker in the 3d forum :slight_smile:

This game is really great and I think it’s time for me to give something back to the devs. So I want to join the beta-test team for the steam launch and I hope, that I can help you to release a game with the lowest amount of bugs.
I read the requirements and I think I they fit on me :wink:
Unfortunately I have zero knowledge about coding a computer game. So I can only sparkle with my knowledge about cars and car-technology, because I’m working in the automotive industry as a testing engineer. So it is for me some kind of work and I like my job very much. I think I know how to document failures and how to communicate them.

with kind regards
Alex

Hello Automation Team
I play Automation every day and have experiences in bugtracking and debugging. Im mod the game street legal racing redline. in addition i am in the closebeta of the Android app xmodgames.
my Nationality is german and im 26 years old. sorry for my bad english.

I hope I can join your beta group. with
friendly greetings mike v

Wow, how did I not notice this existed.

I enjoy bug-hunting and beta testing during my free time; I simply consider it a part of being on the bleeding edge, and I’m willing to tolerate instability or broken features if that is a consequence of running a version ahead of everybody else. I’m running Windows 10 Technical Preview as an operating system, for example, and that is in no way completely stable or feature-complete. I’ve worked under NDAs, and I consider myself quite adept at explaining how to reproduce a problem.

I currently spend several evenings a week fiddling with Automation in some shape or form, and I am perfectly willing to give some of my gaming time over to making my future gaming more enjoyable.

And yes, I have preordered Automation and am an active Steam user.

Hey all.

Some of you may know me more from the LiveChat as I spend a fair amount more time there, so ignore my lowish post count.

I have owned Automation since a couple of days after the Cosmetic Car Designer demo came out, but have followed it pretty much since my join date. I have played it quite often since then, and have reported a couple of bugs as well.

I have a history of beta testing as well as developing a fair few open source applications, I know what makes a good bug report and what doesn’t, and I try to get all details possible so as to help the developers as much as possible.

I have never beta tested a game in such a way as this test will demand, but I am ready and willing to dedicate some time and effort into tesing on this Steam release to make it as bug-free as I possibly can. I am willing to collaborate with others to get more info about bugs, and am willing to deal with a horribly broken game just so I can report heaps of bugs.

I hope you consider me for a position on the testing team.

Yours Sincerely

James-Robert “NexxusDrako” Knight

All invites have been sent out via Email (the one linked to your forum account)! This means: please check your email (& spam) to see if you got the invite. :slight_smile:
Cheers!

Oh, im not in :cry:

That is not true you are in, seems like some people didn’t get the email?

:smiley: I have my email address checked
several times and I’m sure no email
has arrived for me. it is
mikev1989@web.de