Supardianto's Jimble-Jumble of Cars

WIP

'Ello there. I think i’ve been dying to even use my computer. Now i finally got the chance.

1 car of the thread!111!

*1998 Acida Ox DX 1.4L M

Acida Ox.
Ever seen a car so bland that the designers decided to copy other cars? Well the people at Acida did.
Introducing 1998 Acida Ox, what else? It looks generic, the engine wouldn’t be even suprising!

This car, sold poorly through its time. Only 500 units were sold, some of them even didn’t make the delivery! So you might ask. 1. Why, is this car exists? 2. Why it sold poorly? Ive got the answers.

1. The people at Acida wanted to make a cheap, affordable car for the people. But since the people at Acida is too arrogant to even up-to-date tech in the 19s. It came like this. The engines barely holding itself!

2. Well, as i said earlier. It looks terrible! They had to ripoff the Daihatsu Charade even. Why buy this car, when you can buy other cars? The engine is mid, sometimes it won’t start but, eh!

The interior? You might ask. Is just, plain same for cars at that time, the picture shown is the DX trim.
Plain basic, just black, and more plastic stuff. No tech-stuff, just grey.

You might think, atleast this car has an upside-or-whatever-you-call-it. It has actually, suprisingly it has, good fuel economy! So you might save a lotta bucks for fuel.

*Off, toodaloo

3 Likes

The styling… isn’t so much bland, as it is awkward. There are very few fixtures up front, and most of them are simple rectangular ones that don’t seem to gel with the curvaceous body shape. Worst of all, the mirrors are mounted too low, and are too small to boot. As for that engine…

I’m assuming it’s very unreliable and uses an outdated fuel system (mechanical or electronic single-point injection, or even carbs) - but at least it’s frugal and cheap.