Survival of the fittest [FINISHED]

average reliability

Alright

are you sure about only +1 tyre slider? 40k is a lot of money and it would be shame not to spend some on rubber…

Yeah, pretty sure. The idea is to be able to buy a replacement tire from any shop in any desert. 40k is indeed a lot of money though.

[quote=“squidhead”]

Yeah, pretty sure. The idea is to be able to buy a replacement tire from any shop in any desert. 40k is indeed a lot of money though.[/quote]

yeah, because the car i did up costed only like 13K making 5% in the process, so 40K really is quite a bit

We are not talking market value, we are talking “total cost”, which is in the overview tab.

oh, then in which case i’ll prolly be the cheapest entry then, not like it really matters though

Ok, how about these implementeations?

Stage 1 will be changed an offroad baja style stage with offroad being judged as well (for hard compound to be needed)
We go tire quality +5 max
We treat average and engine reliabilities separately, each by the rules stated.
We also drop the budget to 30k.

Sounds good

If nobody objects to this today, i’ll change the rules.

i have no objections

[quote=“squidhead”]Ok, how about these implementeations?

We treat average and engine reliabilities separately, each by the rules stated. [/quote]

I object to this provision simply because engine reliability is factored into average reliability. Therefore, less reliable engines will now be punished twice.

Does the damage stack between stages or is it only going to count the damage from the stage before it?

Damage stacks and accumulates through stages.

Re: engine and average reliability, you can refer to my given formula as discussed on BurningBridges’ AVUS contest for working out components reliability. However it is easier to work out when the ventilation is adequate. Is there a rule about minimum ventilation?

I wouldn’t include engine and ventilation, they are already both part of average reliability.

[quote=“squidhead”]Ok, how about these implementeations?

Stage 1 will be changed an offroad baja style stage with offroad being judged as well (for hard compound to be needed)
We go tire quality +5 max
We treat average and engine reliabilities separately, each by the rules stated.
We also drop the budget to 30k.[/quote]

-I support the idea of a off road stage
-separate reliability would be great, but they are interlinked - so I vote no.
-maybe keep the tires at +1 and lower the budget even more?

There is no rule about minimum ventilation as of yet, but having it set at a minimum required would be a good idea i think.

Also how much smaller budget are you proposing?

So far passed propositions : Off road stage
Declined : engine and avg reliability treated separately

Added - offroad stage for Stage 1
Added - budget drop to 30k
Added - tire quality now +5

We are also now accepting submissions up to 4th of march.

[quote=“squidhead”]Stage 0
Drive to the event. Your car will have to cover 400km on a single tank of fuel. The speed set is 120kph.[/quote]

I haven’t used the economy tab that much until now. So let me know if i get this right; If not, explain it to me.

Let assume I have a 50L tank. distance = 400 km@120 kph ==> 12.5/100 km
This means that in Detail Stats>Economy>100 km Cruise Test, If my math is correct, I should get the value 120 km/h [10%] = 1.25L

If this the correct way to calculate my fuel consumption?