Survival of the fittest [FINISHED]

TR8R great car!
Tough to choose right tires…

Good luck to all of the people entered or entering.

well since i cannot provide any better art than what was used for the entries page, i’ll just talk about my car:
so i just really started out with a OR wagon version of the Communitasia MKII. The car, already being super cheap, meant there was a lot of money in the budget to work with. for starters the carbs were replaced with fuel injection along with being modified to handle regular unleaded versus the low quality unleaded, which both improved horsepower and fuel economy. a downfall of it was that it was just essentially a steel cage, provided no real safety, so after the chassis got strengthened and some extra safety equipment got installed it was finally deemed to be safe enough. even after all of that there was plenty of cash left over, so the interior got a slightly better upgrade to be a little more comfortable. however even though all of that was changed, the suspension and 4WD all remained. also, i’m going to guess this is one of the cheaper entries that was made.

squidhead do you accept revisions until the deadline?

I do
[size=50]but I’d rather not if I am honest.[/size]

waiting to be accepted too

does stage 3 count as an offroad stage?

My vehicle looks the most… Normal.

I’m not sure if that’s a good or bad thing.

anyone else having a hard time hitting the max cost?

i got like 5 things i put +15 on and my cost is still at 24k-ish

Yeah. I figured that I’d just improve everything to the point where the sliders started having no effect. Think I go to a similar cost to you in the end.

Yes, I didn’t hit the max aswell… well, we’re going to review the rules for the next competition.
The idea is to create a very much limit-less class of cars being purposely built for extreme speeds. Call it Group B or Group 5 racecars or something…
ACTUALLY, as of now, the cars eligible for these races are officially called “Category 5”, cause it sounds badass and they should be forces of nature on the track.

But seriously, yeah, we will be revising the rule-set for the next challenge if that ever happens. This one got a loggy start, we should see how well it finishes and if there will be need for more challenges like this.
(The turnout is bigger than I expected though, given the tight deadline for the build)

That sounds like a good idea. I quite liked the lack of regulations, it meant there was plenty of room for different designs and approaches. But yes, bring the cost limit down next time, significantly.

I liked the lack of regulations, too. Allowed me to build crazy, but not too crazy. I didn’t have too much trouble hitting the limits, but then again, I’ve learned how to abuse the sliders in my favor.

So I noticed that everyone else is using much lighter and sportier chassis. Right now I just hope that my gamble on power and reliability will pay off. If ramming opponents off track would be an option I would be so happy :smiling_imp:

Also, nice job with the artwork squidhead

I am going to join this competition! I don’t join competitions that often but I now want to start joining more. :slight_smile:

@vri404

don’t be afraid that your car is the only one that looks ‘normal’ anymore
mine doesn’t even have a door handle. :stuck_out_tongue:

*it’s a bug that erased and reverted all the design i made on the trim fixtures tab, and not on the family fixtures tab.

I fixed the problem in the first post, Koolkei :slight_smile:

as i like to go crazy with These challenges i am also in favour of less restrictive rules. since my question wasn’t answered yet: what about stage 3? will the car incur any damage if it has 12+ offroad ability?

Stage 3 - the Pikes peak is not offroad dependent, since it’s smooth light gravel.

obviously, i have to enter with the Wiseman RS: