Suspicious gearbox and brake behavior on the test tracks

Aimstar-GB.zip (137 KB)Hi@All,

I build this modern Group B styled car and it shows some flaws on both standard test tracks which I believe are actually bugs.

When braking in corners the RPM’s stay’s up, the gear doesn´t change but the speed lowers. When exiting the corner the car shifts down and all things are nice again.

Second thing to mention is that sometimes the car shows full braking but doesn’t slow down as fast as it should.

I attached engine and car files so that you can fiddle around with this.

Gz Bansky

AFAIK this is known behaviour common to everybody.

The simulation is likely to be optimised in the future, it may be based on Der Bayer’s work. Right now it isn’t optimised as cars generally don’t exhibit realistic behaviour braking into or accelerating out of corners.

[quote=“strop”]AFAIK this is known behaviour common to everybody.

The simulation is likely to be optimised in the future, it may be based on Der Bayer’s work. Right now it isn’t optimised as cars generally don’t exhibit realistic behaviour braking into or accelerating out of corners.[/quote]

I was wondering a bit since this happens to me only for high powered cars. If you build something normal then the behaviour seems realistic.

Yes, the behaviour is rather buggy at this time… the RPM is what behaves weirdly for the most part, while the speed is correct.
We will implement the better calculations that Martin has crafted for the BRC in the future, but right now we have more important things to do :slight_smile:

[quote=“Bansky”][quote=“strop”]AFAIK this is known behaviour common to everybody.

The simulation is likely to be optimised in the future, it may be based on Der Bayer’s work. Right now it isn’t optimised as cars generally don’t exhibit realistic behaviour braking into or accelerating out of corners.[/quote]

I was wondering a bit since this happens to me only for high powered cars. If you build something normal then the behaviour seems realistic.[/quote]

I thought to myself “maybe I haven’t noticed this difference because all I run are race cars and cars too powerful to race”. But I’ve checked the simulation with a regular production car replica, and it looks as if the behaviour isn’t so much different, as less pronounced due to the lower magnitude of maximum forces.