The 2021 24 hour clunker run (Epilogue part 1)

I think esp. for the car the limitations to ‘just’ +2 sliders, with prescribed -1 tyres, no safety, entertainment and interior take away a lot of need for PU/ET.

I still don’t want hundreds of posts where 80% of them are just whining from people that can’t make a 959 fit inside the rules. :joy::joy::joy:

My only real concern on a price limit is that the Traville is, other than the V8 engine, meant to be loosely based on a Ford Taurus. (The V8 is the GS-HO, which is a playful mimic of the real V6-powered Taurus SHO.)

I mean, I suppose I could run one of the V6 versions, but… given the crew that will be driving that car, I don’t think the V6 would survive that long.

That is mostly correct. In the ARXL tracks, the first sector is Lap 0, which is the standing start in the start chute, all the way to the start/finish line. The second sector is the flying normal lap, and the final sector is the flying joker lap. Tracks with short first sectors might not allow for a full flying lap time (just a limitation of the game unfortunately), but Holjes is not one of them.

1 Like

Maybe allow -8 sliders so that they can make their 959 run… with tons of sliders set to -8. Might actually make an interesting angle to the challenge. Does the crappy supercar win or the carefully engineered ordinary clunker?

The crappy supercar, believe me, that was what round 1 did show… :rofl:

3 Likes

So would this mean one wouldn’t be allowed to run a car built prior to 1980, since that is when premium unleaded unlocks? Or would sch an old car have to run regular unleaded?

Good point that I probably was too tired to think of yesterday! Since 98 is available on the tap in Sweden, I guess that I change it to allow super leaded or unleaded. Even though leaded fuel is banned there is fuel additives with lead replacement for older cars available. I will change that immediately. This is one good reason for why the rules still are preliminary…

Did a small update of the rules after your suggestions, how do they look now?

Ouch. The Traville slams straight through the $18,000 barrier even with stripped interior, no radio, and no safety. Looks like I’m going to have to rip out the V8 and hope for the best with the V6… I doubt I can get $22,700 under $18K with what’s left.

I mean, I’m fine with that, the GS-HO was a higher trim car, and there’s always the LX with the V6, and the SE with the I4 to try my luck.

Edit: LX V6 works. The '93 Traville will be the runner here. Kaylie isn’t going to be happy that they just got rid of their old '89 only for the new guy to drag this one home…

1 Like

You should clarify that aluminum semi-space frames should not be allowed either.

1 Like

@Knugcab Is there any naming convention we need to follow?

Please don’t send in cars yet. I will put up the rules for naming when everything else is ready.

1 Like

Alright.

Maybe to stop people trying to make supercars fit the rules an economy limit is needed

@Knugcab Is it fine if i send a preview of the vehicle here but not send the file until rules and such are ready?

I prefer not. If I allow you, I have to allow everybody and then the thread will be instantly cluttered.

3 Likes

few questions

Are vehicles allowed to have safety/ interior/ infotaiment options better than none/ basic?
Are vehicles allowed to have multiple seats?
What is the unit for the Power-to-Weight Ratio? (HP/KG or KW/KG)

2 Likes

1, 2. Since there seems to be a lot of complaining all the time no matter how I do with this thing (not from you, so don’t take it personally) I have decided that everyone has to run a stripped out vehicle now because I was close to getting a breakdown last time. :persevere: And as I said, I am not even going to discuss it this time.

3, I am using the figures from the test track screen which I believe is kW/kg no matter how your game is set up.

1 Like

Open for submissions, the rules is in post #1, so if you’re new into this thread, ignore most of the stuff written between post 1 and this one. The info is in post 1.