The Arstotzkan Automobile: Results part 4! (Also part 3 I didn't update the thread title)

The Car's Story

The design professor Alexei looking at the car, puffing on his pipe. “It looks alright i suppose, don’t really see the point in getting design licensing from that western company Denison.” the grease covered mechanic pushes himself out from under the car, hopping back up enthusiastically “Professor, we couldn’t have made this thing without that company out in the west, your students might have bit off more than they can chew but i now see what they’re on about those muscle cars the west is so rabid over.” he assured.

Opening the car door Alexei peaked his head in, looking around touching the seats, testing the strength of the steering wheel and dash. “Speaking of the engine, how the performance of the engine?” he questioned the mechanic. he sighs leaning on the car tapping for a moment, " to be frank, with what we got, its not a fast accelerating car, but once it gets going, its rather better than most in the handling department."

After a few minutes of the two chattering and the professor walks to the front of the car, “I think its ready to be shown to the council. lets hope they will see this car the way our students see this.” Professor Alexei turns to the mechanic, “ill begin the writing of the letter to the council then.” he simply walks off as the mechanic does the finishing touches.

The Council Letter

Hello and Glory to Arstotzka!

On behalf of our professors and students of ADI presents a roll of film from our car ready to be reviewed to provide a simple yet strong appearance for the average worker, we theorized making a sporty vehicle ‘muscle car’ as the west calls it, with enough horsepower to increase arrival times of workers off to our great industry! Specially our vehicle had showed signs that the youth had shown interest in our prototype. which could show the west were not stuck in the past as those propaganda magazines called national geographic and Time magazine said.

To end this letter, All three of the great council members will see their needs in this car.
-Automotive Professor Alexei, Glory To Arstotzkan!

I whipped this vehicle up cramming what i could in the fixed budget, had really fun time making a more legit soviet muscle car that’s decent.

More Photos!

!

4 Likes

A twelve mile per gallon V8? This professor is an even more blatant Yankee double agent than I am.

5 Likes

deathbyretro from discord presents:

4 Likes

lol, pretty much. Everything on the car had some help with the whole help from Denison to fit their specs in their tiny factory with loaner equipment. even replicated a Condor chassis of the time and shortened it for this particular car. with an exchange for a foothold in the market of soviet countries via licensing.

2 Likes

Debuting in 1967, the Vulkan Vickers family estate car has been the ideal companion for any western family in the last 3 years. Now in 1970 the refreshed model is brought to the citizens of Arstotzka! For this refresh all Vulkan Vickers get radio as standard, as well as the models prided reliability and dependability.

The ARZ varient has a few key changes exclusive for the Arstotzkan market. Tire width has been upped to 145 mm, along with tire diameter, and wheels have been enlarged to 15" from the standard 13" rims found on western models; giving it a 300mm ride height. This coupled with a lockable diff only found in Arstotzkan market vehicles gives this little FWD family estate unparallelled off-road ability in its class. Your workers will never be detered by poor road conditions with the Vulkan Vickers!

The engine has also been uprated from the 67’ western model, now outputting 45hp on even the worst quality fuels, and maintaining a combined fuel consumption of 30 mpg US. Yes this mechanical marvel of an engine is both more powerful, more reliable and more economical than many of its competitors! And without vastly raising production costs, as this can be on the road for just over $10000, with maintenance and fuel for 5 years costing just over $4000. A small price to pay for a car that will outlast a nuclear halocaust.

And now, the promotional pictures:

14 Likes

PAM A1150

The People’s Automotive Manufactory is proud to present the solution to the people’s rising mobility demand. All needs will be fulfilled and the capitalist neighbors will be envious of our proud nations glorious new car!

The A1150, as the name says, comes with more than 1000 strong cubic centimeters of an engine, ready to pull 5 passengers and their luggage (if necessary mounted on the roof) up to higher speeds than the roads currently are designed for. This ensures that with the planned rise of our nation including a wide and smooth highway network the car can still symbolize the speed of our technological progress.

The people will love the A1150: Everybody will be able to afford it, with a manufacturing cost below 7000! Accordingly, we have ensured that mass production is easily possible. In addition to that, it will be using our hard-earned oil carefully. All that is coming with nice and plenty comfortable interior including a radio to always listen to the news of our great leaders. PAM is convinced that this car will push the whole nation forwards for decades to come - Glory to Arstotzka!

Pictures are showing an early prototype, but our ingenious engineers figured out that fitting a tow hitch at the location of a central exhaust is rather challenging. Hence they moved the exhaust to the side for the mass production car, accepting the increased cost for the longer exhaust pipe. We have ensured that proper cost cutting remained practiced in all other places.

9 Likes

Game patch just dropped! Soon I will be reviewing the changes and seeing how cars are affected. I may decide to extend the deadline and allow everyone to re-tune.

5 Likes

The new update definitely affects your tune! I know re-tuning is annoying but it’s probably the most fair way to proceed.

Most affected things are:

• Intake behavior is changed a lot. Compact now gets more power but less fuel economy than Std. Low for some reason.
  • Cams scale differently, so your cam number is no longer what it used to be
  • Engine Family Quality has a milder effect on peak torque, I think it also has a milder effect on cost. This means if you used negative family quality your engine just got more expensive!
  • Entertainment weight got reduced, which affects your overall car weight and therefore suspension tuning
  • Edit to add: Not part of the patch notes but engine material costs are up a LOT, almost double. Besides meaning that everyone will have to reconsider their budget carefully, it definitely means that it’s not fair for 4.2.6 cars to compete against 4.2.5 cars. So, just saving the stats as I’ve recorded them isn’t really an option.

In short, your engine definitely needs a new tune, and you should double check that you’re still on-budget.

I will extend the deadline 24 hours to 23:59 US-CST Jan 31st
This should be enough to be sure everyone has an opportunity to sit down and look at their car even if you’re busy on the weekend. Let me know if you think it should be extended further, I may also be flexible in accepting late cars (but no guarantees).

5 Likes

Making this a separate reply so everyone sees it:

Hard budget limit will be increased to $16,500. This is so you don’t HAVE to drastically change your car if you were already close to the limit. Cars under 16k are still preferred.

8 Likes

Dear Arstotzkan comrades,

we present to you the Mara Zitra (‘tomorrow’), a thoroughly tested and production-ready prototype developed as an exercise by our brightest young engineers and overseen by our chief engineer, Rodin Gumprov.

The Zitra is not only practical, rugged, reliable and affordable as it has become a Mara tradition, it also contains cutting-edge technology such as a transversely mounted engine, front-wheel drive, independent suspension and a novel and versatile shape.

The engine is our tried-and-true 1.3 litre Konyk OHV, here in a slightly updated and simplified version compared to the version that helped our home country Archana win the Great War, and that still powers the Mara Tovarish line of cars.

While we currently have no need for another model between our successful and respected Tovarish and Irena line-ups, we believe that the Zitra is what could bring glorious memes means of transport to the Arstotzkan worker.

We are also ready to assist our comrades at the other side of the world to help them set-up their production. We even send a box of the finest Archanan vodka along with our submission to aid our Arstotzkan comrades in their decision!

With fraternal greetings,
Fedor Piechov
Chairman Mara Motors, Archana

The update broke my car!!! :sob: :sob: :sob:

Fixtures went to shit. Im trying to get motivated to find a solution :angry: :angry: :angry:

1 Like

Yeah, some genius at Camshaft HQ nixed trim color as a fixture color option. The insides of my headlights turning white wasn’t exactly a pleasant surprise.

I know I shouldn’t be writing this, but, here goes…

Arstotzkan AST (Avtomobil’ Spravedliyava Tryaska) is offer to party “Dlya Vsekh”. Is use more fuel than others, is bigger than others.

3 Likes

damn, the update made the variant cheaper but absolutely destroyed my budget on my engine.

My car is only about $500 more expensive. I can live with that. All of that was engine.

Same here, $500 more expensive.

for me, it was 400$ unchanged, and -200 after adjusting it

mine actually got cheaper after fixing the fuckery that came with the patch

I managed to get only 300 more and stay under the old 16K target.

3 Likes

Same here; My car’s only gone up about $200, making it much cheaper proportional to the budget than it was before.

Its also a bit better in some important stat areas, though I can’t fully remember all the stats were.

Edit: also, a single wiper fixture got deleted for some reason.