The Automation Endurance Challenge II [RACE 1 Results]

Just a little update:

8 teams have signed up. All teams have signed up for both classes, so it looks like the competition will be good and exciting in both classes! I am missing some links to mods that you guys have used, but everyone that stated that they used mods and haven’t sent me any or not all links, they should have received a message from me. So remember link to all mods you use!

Economy for GT-AM engines are minimum 30%. GT-PO has minimum 25% economy

yeah i had a blonde moment

i will definately join with the 2016 Basic production Version of the wiseman for the GT-Pro Class to make sure the 24 hours ride will be as comfrotable as possible. guess i will try something else for the GT-AM though :smiley:

1 Like

And here I presesnt the FSD Racer PRO.

Unlike the other car, it can fit 2 people inside. It also offers a larger engine with very low compression rate, for all your racing needs!

1 Like

Traxx Racing is proud to present the first details about their 2016 GT-PRO car for the Automation Endurance Challenge II. In the last challenge back in June 2014 we saw Traxx Racing in all three classes. A 3rd place in the GT2 class was their best result. In the faster GT1 class Traxx Racing got a 5th place finish. The presenters of the GT-PRO car from Traxx Racing were confident when they were talking about how well this new platform can perform. This Titan16X GT-PRO is not based on any road going Traxx cars, but it is based on the Traxx Racing Titan16 GT-AM car with a bigger body but with similar styling. This might be turned into a street car after the challenge is finished, so you might get your hands on a Traxx non racing version of this.

The Titan16X is a brand new platform from Traxx Racing. The version used in the Automation Endurance Challenge II is the GT-PRO version. This platform does have the potential to compete with faster racing cars, but it is a bit heavy. The smaller GT-AM Traxx Racing car does have a N/A 2.6 liter inline 6 according to the rumors. The Titan16X also uses a inline 6 according to the rumors, however it is smaller with its 2.5 liters and to get the extra power Traxx Racing fitted it with a turbo. Apparently it produces a lot of torque, so it might do well because of the minimum weight regulation. Only time will tell if this was a good decision by Traxx Racing!

1 Like

Riso MotorsPORTS enters the SE116 into GT-AM class.

Front engined rear wheel drive.

Powered by a naturally aspirated 2.5l Inline 6 engine producing exactly 200 horsepower while achieving an efficiency of over 32%.
The body is a high strength steel monocoque with alu panels. Double wishbone suspension front, multilink back.

Edit: if anyone needs an engine you can PM me for mine.

1 Like

I will admit that it is not stated in the rules section that the engine and car must be designed by your team, but I strongly encourage people to build their own engines. It is really fun to try and build an engine that is within all regulations, especially because it is not the easiest set of regulations (difficulty level depends on which class you choose of course). A challenge can be really fun, and you can learn a lot in the process!

1 Like

stensen enters the GT-PRO competition with the Wiseman SE. some may disregard this as a mere marketing coup but we sincerly believe that a more enjoyable workplace makes you perform better. the Basic production version of the wiseman comes with finest leather interior and a premium entertainment package.the 2.4 l Inline 4 Turbo engine consumes 8.5 l / 100 km and is meant for People that want a reasonable sport car that stands out from the mass production cars around. we removed the cat and some armrests to meet safety anf weight regulations.

2 Likes

Have you remodelled the porsche body? How did you get the front to look like that?

which is more important? stats or lap times?

i have built 4 cars with either better stats or better lap times, but the fastest one so far have VERY low safety stats thanks to -10 safety because weight

Safety isn’t that important, but I just wanted the “Minimum standard safety or better” for realism as safety is important in racing, but the safety stat itself won’t really do anything for this challenge.

The things to focus on are as following:
Lap times, drivability, engine AND overall reliability, economy (finished car), braking (100km/h - 0), acceleration (0 - 100km/h) and cornering 20 m @ a.aag (bb.b km/h) and 250 m @ a.aag (bb.b km/h).

I would try to balance stats versus lap times. Good lap times will make you fast, but lets say the reliability is bad then you might spend a lot of time in the pits for repairs. So I would recommend balancing it. But if you have multiple designs were either stats are better and slower lap times or the opposite, then I would choose the car with the better lap times. So maybe focus a little bit more on lap times than stats.

then i found my car for the GT-AM.
the stats difference isn’t THAT big, although still a bit. reliability wise, all of them are in the 78-79 range, no don’t really need to worry much

Will be joining this. Finishing the car now.

Wait, KHT are gonna be here?

heavybreathing

FLUG.
Not so much breathing now, huh? :smiley:

Der Bayer also entered, we should probably just give up now :wink:

The Revera Racing Department presents the Revera R GT-AM and Revera R GT-PRO. Designed and tuned for the Automation Endurance Challenge II with the latest technologies and craftsmanship of the Revera Racing Department.

5 Likes

lessheavybreathing

Oh well everyone, GG, twas fun while it lasted :grin:

The LMP body is clearly a different class. Outrageous!

(Starts testing for GT-Pro)