The Automation Endurance Challenge II [RACE 1 Results]

Traxx Racing is proud to present:

the Automation Endurance Challenge II

Traxx Racing and oldgreg hosted the Automation Endurance Challenge back in June 2014. Now its time for the second endurance challenge, hosted by Traxx Racing!

Take on the challenge and build the ultimate 24 hour endurance racing car! This will be a tough competition, but unlike the first endurance challenge, this will be held on the Automation track and the Airfield track. Therefore this will not be advanced and really fast GT1 cars and Prototypes. Instead it will be cheaper cars that will be slower. It will still be 24 hour race format on both tracks. This will be a multi class race series, just like a typical 24 hour race. Rules and more info below. Updates will be posted here quickly, and if there are any questions do not hesitate to ask me here!

How to enter

You donā€™t need your own Automation car company to enter, only a car and an engine designed by your team. If you wish to collaborate with someone else you may do so, but if you want to enter as a one man team, that is OK. Below is the application form. You or your team may enter all classes or just one class.
To enter: send a private message (PM) to Hallowenman with the application form filled out or post your application form here.

Application form:
The Automation Endurance Challenge II Entry
Name of your team:
Name of team member(s):
Class(es):
Mods*:

*Read the rules below to see what kind of mods you can use. The link must be in the application form.

Race information

This race will consist of two classes (GT-AM and GT-PRO) with different regulations and restrictions. If you have entered: check this main thread post for updates, somethings may change!

Schedule:
RACE 1:
May 1st, 2016, the Automation track. Send in all files (use export tool) within this date. Click HERE for a countdown (use this countdown timer because of timezones).
The results will be posted within one week (the amount of time it takes to calculate this and check the cars will of course depend on the amount of entries)
RACE 2:
May 13th, 2016, the Airfield track. Send in all files (use export tool) within this date. Click HERE for a countdown (use this countdown timer because of timezones).
The final results (race 2 results and the overall results will be posted within one week after race 2)

Rules:
The Automation Endurance Challenge II - Rules and Regulations

• Between races you may tune your car, but you may NOT change any parts (engine parts, chassis parts, fixtures). If you wish to not tune your car, you do not need to do anything. I will simply use the finished car you have already sent in. Remember to send me your updated car for the 2nd race IF you tuned it.

• You may use fixture and body mods to create your unique car. If you use that, include a link to the mod(s). Steam Workshop mods are most preferred. If you link me to a website that isnā€™t trustworthy, I might refuse to accept that entry. You may NOT use any mods that give you an unfair advantage. By unfair I mean: a mod that for example makes your car faster than it is, without changing any in-game values, which would make you able to stay within all regulations but be unrealisticly fast.

• If there is a bug or glitch that makes it difficult for me to check the car and do the calculations, I will inform you and we will find a solution. If you have been caught cheating you will be disqualified (DSQ) from that race. You may still enter the other race. If you entered both classes and only cheated with one car, that car will be DSQ from that race.

• When calculating the results, the following will have an effect on the results, so this is what you need to focus on for the best result:
    Lap times, drivability, engine AND overall reliability, economy (finished car), braking (100km/h - 0), acceleration (0 - 100km/h) and cornering 20 m @ a.aag (bb.b km/h) and 250 m @ a.aag (bb.b km/h).

GT-AM Regulations:
Year: 2016 (engine and car)
Engine:

• MAX 200hp
  • MAX loudness 50
  • Fuel 95 RON
  • Economy minimum 30%
  • Material cost MAX 1500
  • Production units MAX 75
  • NO race exhaust
  • NO race intake
    Car:
  • NO Semi Slicks, MAX 265 width
  • NO Downforce undertray or
  • Safety: Standard or better
  • Monocoque Chassis
  • NO Carbon Fibre chassis or panel
  • Minimum 1200 kg total weight
  • MAX 5kg front downforce @ 200km/h
  • MAX 10kg rear downforce @ 200km/h
  • 25000 MAX cost (finished car)

GT-PRO Regulations:
Year: 2016 (engine and car)
Engine:

• MAX 350hp
  • MAX loudness 50
  • Fuel 95 RON
  • Economy minimum 25%
  • Material cost MAX 1800
  • Production units MAX 80
    Car:
  • MAX 285 tyre width
  • Safety: Standard or better
  • Monocoque Chassis
  • NO Carbon Fibre chassis
  • Minimum 1450 kg total weight
  • MAX 20kg front downforce @ 200km/h
  • MAX 25kg rear downforce @ 200km/h
  • 35000 MAX cost (finished car)

Teams

All the teams will be listed here. The Automation Endurance Challenge II is officially open for entries. Anyone can join, and you can find out how under the ā€œHow to enter the Automation Endurance Challenge IIā€ section. If you have sent your entry and cannot find your team listed here, please contact me via PM. It might take up to 24 hours for this section to be updated.

GT-AM Class

• Team: Izen Motors
    Team member(s): Suprec

• Team: Traxx Racing Am
    Team member(s): Hallowenman

• Team: FSD Racing
    Team member(s): Dziuras

• Team: Frankenstein Racing
    Team member(s): Frank_N_Stein

• Team: Leeroy Racing Eco Stars
    Team member(s): HighOctaneLove

• Team: Australia & New Zealand motors inc. (A.N.Z)
    Team member(s): Darkshine5

• Team: Adenine Racing
    Team member(s): phale

• Team: BAM BRC Team
    Team member(s): Der Bayer

• Team: Riso Motorsports
    Team member(s): Riso

• Team: Revera Racing
    Team member(s): Asdren

• Team: ErinSport
    Team member(s): DeusExMackia

• Team: Flug Automotive Rennwerks
    Team member(s): Squidhead

• Team: Smooth Racing
    Team member(s): AirJordan

• Team: stensen
    Team member(s): stensen

• Team: CAA Competition
    Team member(s): pHanta

• Team: Komodo Speed Research (KSR)
    Team member(s): koolkei

GT-PRO Class

• Team: Australia & New Zealand motors inc. (A.N.Z)
    Team member(s): Darkshine5

• Team: Izen Motors
    Team member(s): Suprec

• Team: Traxx Racing Pro
    Team member(s): Hallowenman

• Team: FSD Racing
    Team member(s): Dziuras

• Team: Frankenstein Racing
    Team member(s): Frank_N_Stein

• Team: Leeroy Racing Eco Stars
    Team member(s): HighOctaneLove

• Team: Adenine Racing
    Team member(s): phale

• Team: BAM BRC Team
    Team member(s): Der Bayer

• Team: Revera Racing
    Team member(s): Asdren

• Team: ErinSport
    Team member(s): DeusExMackia

• Team: Riso Motorsports
    Team member(s): Riso

• Team: Smooth Racing
    Team member(s): AirJordan

• Team: stensen
    Team member(s): stensen

• Team: CAA Competition
    Team member(s): pHanta

• Team: Komodo Speed Research (KSR)
    Team member(s): koolkei

• Team: Howler Automotive
    Team member(s): HowlerAutomotive

Results

The official results will be updated after each race. Information about each race is written under the rules and schedule section above.

RACE 1:

RACE 2:

Race not finished

The Automation Endurance Challenge II - OVERALL RESULTS:

Race 2 not finished

2 Likes

These rules allow people to make a chassis with quality sliders maxed out, really. Or to put it differently, there is no real limit on the chassis, only the engine. I would propose a maximum total cost of some sorts.

And unlimited budget does not actually work together.

Also no Chassis Restriction, on placement of engine, doors etc. So, you could just make a 350hp, $2m LMP car (using VMOā€™s LMP Body)

Ignore this message, was being stupid.

The Automation Endurance Challenge 2 entry
Team: Australia & New Zealand motors inc. (A.N.Z)
Team Members: Darkshine5
Class:GT-PRO

1 Like

No cost limits for chassis/car?

Yeah, I realize that I forgot chassis maximum costs. I have already received some entries, and I will change the rules before officially opening for entries! Thanks for the feedback guys! The main information post will be updated within the next few hours with some more regulations/restrictions and some extra info.

If a lot of people send in an entry (when I officially open for entries) then I will host this challenge and I hope that it is interesting and fun for you guys!

1 Like

Well Iā€™m certainly interested, and keen to enter two cars.

You should put in rules how to name our cars.
Iā€™m in :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll hopefully get the final information and restrictions/regulations updated tomorrow, but for those that are interested in this challenge keep in mind that there will be cost restrictions to the car/platform itself!

Cool cool. I have a base GT-Pro car but havenā€™t done anything with the sliders or any tuning yet. Look forward to it!

Awesome I was wondering about that when i submitted.

Couple other questionss, how will tire wear, fuel usage and pit stops be calculated.

1 Like

Can I add to the previous message: Will drivability and sportiness matter? Will you be counting engine reliability alongside overall reliability? What are using to do all the calculations?

1 Like

A couple of things you might want to clarify in the rules are drive types, number of aero surfaces and the stance on mods

Will drivability and sportiness matter? Will you be counting engine reliability alongside overall reliability?

Engine reliability will be considered and included in the calculations aswell as the overall reliability. Drivability will matter, but not much at all. Basically I wouldnā€™t spend much time on building a car with good drivability, but I would make sure its not really bad. I dont quite see how sportiness would be worth including in the calculations, as far as I see it sportiness is more of how sporty a car is, not an actual value that makes the car faster/slower, but more of an indication of how sporty it is (like for the market).

Cool cool, thatā€™s good to hear. Iā€™ve been using turbo engines for my cars so far and the drivability has been pretty poor!

Also, Iā€™m assuming the ā€˜Max Costā€™ is the estimated cost on the markets page with no profit percentage?

Also, Iā€™m assuming the ā€˜Max Costā€™ is the estimated cost on the markets page with no profit percentage?

I was thinking about reading the max cost stats from the ā€œOverviewā€ tab, as all the production options (like funding, facilities, etc) seems to affect the market cost. In theory you are only building one car, and the total cost from the overview tab (correct me if Im wrong) seems to be just the cost of building that one car, not thinking about quality and all that. I updated the main information post, if the max cost is too high (too big budget) then tell me, I could also add a maximum amount of production units.

The main post has been updated with more details, rules and regulations. Please read through them and leave a comment. If some rules need some final tweaking, or something has been forgotten (maybe some more restrictions?) then tell me.

If everything looks good and there are no complaints, then I will officially declare the rules as set, and accept entries. For those that have already sent in an entry: make sure you are updated on the rules and regulations. Your entry is accepted, but again: read through the rules and regulations one more time!