[Event is Finished] The Automation Endurance Challenge

[size=200]Traxx Racing and oldgreg is proud to present: the Automation Endurance Challenge![/size]
This race is hosted by Traxx Racing and oldgreg, using a custom track, Circuit de la Sarthe, made by oldgreg.

Take on the challenge to build and design the ultimate race car for the Automation Endurance Challenge! This will be a tough competition, just like the Le Mans 24 Hour Endurance race.
This race will consist of three classes: a Prototype class and two GT or Production classes. Regulations, rules and restrictions for these classes will be announced when the event starts.
This is only an announcement for the event, when all entries are registered more information about the event will be released. The winner will be the ultimate car designer!

[size=150]How to enter the Automation Endurance Challenge[/size]
You don’t need your own car company to enter, only a car and engine designed by you. If you wish to collaborate with someone else you may do so.
Below is the application form. You or your team may enter all classes with one car pr. class. If there is a lot of entries it might be a qualifying session before the race.
To enter: send a private message (PM) to Hallowenman with the application form filled out.

[size=150]Application form:[/size]

The Automation Endurance Challenge - Entry
Name of your team:
Name of team members:
Class(es): (What class you want to enter: Prototype, GT1 or GT2. You may enter all classes, two classes or only one class)

[size=150]All registered entries will be posted in this forum thread!
Total entries:
[/size] [size=150]18 (teams)[/size] (last updated 08.08.2014 12:36, my local time)
Prototype entries: 12
GT1 entries: 14
GT2 entries: 14

[size=150]If you sent in an entry but it isn’t registered on this forum: Wait a few hours, if it still isn’t registered: please contact me![/size]

[size=200]Race Information[/size]
This race will consist of three classes (Prototype, GT1 and GT2) with different regulations and restrictions. Me and oldgreg are still working on the rules and
the system which will determinate the winner of this Automation Endurance Challenge. In this section of the post I will give information about all regulations
and restrictions for each class, information about how the winner will be determined and other necessary information. Be sure to check out the race information
when you have the time. Information about when the race starts will also be posted here.

[size=150]GT2 information[/size]
Max power: 350hp / 261kw
Min MTBF: 60000km
Min efficiency: 30%
Max loudness: 50
**Max cost: **1600
Max hours: 100
**Fuel: **95 RON
No race intakes, no race exhaust
**Chassis: **Steel
Body: Steel
Max tires: 265, sport compound
No downforce undertray
Max downforce: 25kg / 55 lb @200 kph

[size=150]GT1 information[/size]
Max power: 550hp / 410kw
Min efficiency: 25%
**Max cost: **2000
Max hours: 120
**Fuel: **95 RON
No race intakes, no race exhaust
**Chassis: **Steel
Body: Steel
Max tires: 285, sport compound
No downforce undertray
Max downforce: 50kg / 110 lb @200 kph

[size=150]Prototype information[/size]
Max power: 800hp / 597kw
Min efficiency: 25%
**Max cost: **2400
Max hours: 240
**Fuel: **100 RON
**Chassis: **Carbon
Body: Carbon
Max tires: 305, semi-slick

[size=150]How the race works[/size]
A detailed explanation about how we will determine the winner of the event will be uploaded very soon. Me, Hallowenman, and oldgreg are still working on this, but it should be finished very soon!
But to help you build a car and an engine that has a bigger chance of winning: MTBF and economy will most likely be very important. This is an endurance challenge, so you can ask yourself: what is
important in real endurance races? Well, a car with good economy, low usage of fuel, will be able to drive longer before having to stop and refill the tank, right? And a car with an engine that will
last longer will probably have less problems and therefore won’t stop very often to fix engine problems. Have this in mind when building a car and engine for the class(es) you entered. Good luck!

Naming your engine: You’ll have to send in your engine, platform and the model (platform with right setup and correct engine) when you’re done. To make it easy for me to find out what engine belongs
to what team, here is a naming system just to make it easy:
(Name of your team) (engine name, optional) (class)
My engine is for example called: Traxx Racing TxR V8fp 4.5-350 GT2
That is my GT2 engine, for my team called Traxx Racing
**Model/platform naming: **(Team name) (platform/model name) (class) just like the engine naming system

[size=200]The Results[/size]

**The time has come to reveal the result for each class. I have made a scoreboard showwing everyones position. If you find any mistakes please contact me.
You will also see that there are not as many people on the scoreboard as there are signed up for the event. This is because quite a few didn’t send in any
car(s) for the event, so I haven’t written those teams and names up on the scoreboard.

I would like to say that this has been a fun event with many variations of engine designes and car designes. It was also a heavy battle for 1st in both GT2 and GT1.
The team in 2nd place in GT2 and GT1 were extremely close to take the golden victory. The ultimate team was Belua, and what an amazing result in each class!
I hope everyone enjoyed this challenge and would like to say thank you all for participating! In the future I might host more events/challenges like this one, and with
more experience on both hosting and participating in events it should be pretty interesting.** :wink:

Congratulations to Belua for 3 victories! Baltazar Racing got two 2nd places, a good job indeed! SRE & AMW took a 2nd place, well done. Lizzott Racing, Traxx Racing and CPV took a 3rd place each, good job! :smiley:

I’d be happy to join a team if anyone wants to.

[size=150]– New Entry Registered –[/size]

Name of your team: Traxx Racing
Name of team members: Hallowenman
Class(es): Prototype, GT1, GT2

I am logging off now, so all entries registered the next hours will be updated in a few hours,
so don’t worry if your entry is not registered in this thread the next hours.
:smiley:

It’s a Le Mans miracle! First La Sarthe as a test track, and now this. :mrgreen:

Ready to go, of course.

Pleb: team?

I will need to know more about how the challenge results will be determined, and regulations, before I can enter. :wink:

That will most likely be uploaded the next hours! :smiley:

Name of your team: Golimar Racing
Name of team members: ElSaico

So will the limits be simliar to what they are in the current real life race season?

I am updating the information in a few minutes, check out the first post on this thread :wink:

question: will the refueling be based on the theoretical economy % of the engine, or the mileage test of the car?

Me and oldgreg are still working on this to find out what would be best to use for this event, but I will soon update the first post of this thread with some detailed information about this. But as I recently posted:

[quote]MTBF and economy will most likely be very important. This is an endurance challenge, so you can ask yourself: what is
important in real endurance races? Well, a car with good economy, low usage of fuel, will be able to drive longer before having to stop and refill the tank, right? And a car with an engine that will
last longer will probably have less problems and therefore won’t stop very often to fix engine problems. Have this in mind when building a car and engine for the class(es) you entered.[/quote]

[size=200]Remember to send in your entry![/size]
I have only recieved 3 entries so far (one of them is mine though)

[size=150]How to enter the Automation Endurance Challenge[/size]
You don’t need your own car company to enter, only a car and engine designed by you. If you wish to collaborate with someone else you may do so.
Below is the application form. You or your team may enter all classes with one car pr. class. If there is a lot of entries it might be a qualifying session before the race.
To enter: send a private message (PM) to Hallowenman with the application form filled out.

[size=150]Application form:[/size]

Name of your team:
Name of team members:
Class(es): (What class you want to enter: Prototype, GT1 or GT2. You may enter all classes, two classes or only one class)

I hope you’ve started on your engines and platforms! My GT2 engine is done :smiley:
I hope this will be a good challenge

Name of your team: Isle of Men Racing
Name of team members: Pleb, USDMFTW

Name of your team: (undecided)
Name of team members: Dragawn, Strop

Name of your team: Breadston Racing Development
Name of team members: Breadston
Class(es): GT1

When do you think you are likely to close entry? I will be entering a Triple Volvo team of course but just wondering if i will have any time to tune them :wink: Currently looking to run a 5L, 6L and 7L v8 stuffed into my trusty green volvo becuase why the hell not :unamused: