The Automation Gamer Challenge [NEW THREAD]

Because more entries are always better:

• Extend a week
  • Eh whatever

0 voters

With a 70% vote, i will extend the deadline for another week.

Y'all better get going or else i will air out this whole thread

Deadline is now

6th of June

2 Likes

Air this B^@%$ OUT then lol…Jk

Das Berlin Taxi - 1998 GkDW 200 GT-R

The GkDW shown is the range-topping performance flagship of the 200 compact executive, and it was designed to have great handling thanks to AWD and sports-tuned suspension. The 200 GT-R is fast as well, as its 345 hp 2.9 liter twin turbo V6 can help the car get from zero to 100 comfortably in just 4.8 seconds.

The car was designed to match the taxi colors on the area it serviced, i.e. Weißgipfelhausen.

Driver: Agent 420

Hailing from [REDACTED], Agent 420 is a spy working under the well-known organization [REDACTED] located in [REDACTED], and currently he is working undercover as a taxi driver, in Weißgipfelhausen, in order to stop a terrorist organizatrion [REDACTED] to [REDACTED] the world by using [REDACTED].

He is often seen in a black suit with a red belt, sunglasses and a mask to conceal his own true identity. He rarely talks, but sometimes he talks with his London-ish accent, which some people might thought he’s somebody from there. However, up till today, there is no proof were made about his nationality.

9 Likes

My car for AGC17, the 1984 Aikawa Templar 2.3 GT Cabriolet, which is obviously heavily tuned.
Originally starting out in Tosuki as a hardcore street racing rig, its owner Asuna Hiroshi soon modified it a bit to work in her uncle’s cab company and earn a bit of money…
…by re-fitting the rear seats and installing a cheap casette player. It also has very little rear grip, meaning that you can drift it through the narrow streets but it will spin if you steer too hard or too little.
Asuna herself adores this little RWD compact, and she even painted the ends of her hair (which is basically jet-black) the same acid green colour as the rim lips.
345ish HP coming from a 2.3 turbo I4.
BTW don’t shun me for using semi slicks, I wanted a little bit more grip.
(Might just be called the Templar 2.3 GT ingame)

4 Likes

Wild Jack and the Kabgaroo

Wild Widths’ craziest cabbie is back it, jumping over any obstacle the Outback throws his way with the Kabgaroo: a 4x4 V8 powered taxi that will haul anyone, anywhere.

Wild Jack pictured here moments before winning a boxing match with a kangaroo:

Couple of beauty shots of the Kabgaroo

Edit: Figured it’s worth getting into more detail about Wild Jack. He’s effectively the personification of the bogan stereotype and is known to carry a bbq and a cooler full of beer and meat in the back of the cab to enjoy the moment he’s on break. While generally uncouth, he is a nice guy who thinks much of himself and will take on any challenge (such as boxing a kangaroo).

12 Likes

I’d like to thank you and the lot of voters for the extension. I’m working on an essay and had to deal with some court issues, and wasn’t near finished. Thanks!

Need a ride in New Redway? Don’t worry. Luigi Fratelli is here to pick you up in the 1949 BIG YELLOW THING!

Luigi Fratelli may be 80 years old but he is still a proud, hard working man. He got his drivers license in the finest package of corn flakes, and is treating his 1949 Big yellow thing like a baby, still like new with its huge cast iron six whispering under the hood. His eyesight may be lacking but he has got the greatest horn in town!

(Totally out of imagination, so I hope that this is enough)

10 Likes

Driver: Rosa

Hometown: Santa de Palma
Car: '59 Lowrider

Born and raised in the Chicano culture of Santa de Palma, Rosa’s pride and joy is her '59 Lowrider. Though it may look more suited to flipping the switches and laying frame, Rosa’s not afraid to put her cab through the paces, taking full advantage of the highly adjustable hydraulic suspension. Gold and chrome trim abound make this ride truly personalized, as well as Rosa’s own pearlescent take on the classic taxicab yellow.

14 Likes
If 9-ish hours left, time for the rollcall!

I have received .car and ad from:
@HybridTronny
@AndiD
@mart1n2005
@Maverick74
@BannedByAndroid
@AudiRS4
@thecarlover
@Knugcab
@donutsnail

I have received only a .car file from:

-/-

I have received only an ad from:

-/-

(Oh dayum)

6 Likes

1991 Vier Delta Taxi

A taxi conversion of a rallycar, including two additional engine pistons, this mad convertible from the south of Europe is ready to rally over any crest and jump the city may provide. Rally-bred, with a reused engine from a legendary rally car from the time (with two additional pistons), mudflaps, and AWD, the Vier Delta is certainly a beast to Scandi flick.

The hydraulics for this taxi have a slower activation time compared to other taxis, and a lower jump height, but the taxi more than makes up for it with incredible grip and maneuverability on all terrain types, even ice, thanks to a solid rally suspension and rally tires. The Vier Delta also features a lightbar. For aesthetics mostly, but it’s still cool.

Wallace Aleron is a honed rally driver, who is no stranger to the roads around Weißgipfelhausen. He’s probably got a screw loose in the head somewhere, considering the number of times he’s rolled in rallies, but he’s one of the best drivers, able to negotiate any corner with the beauty and grace of a Finnish ballerina. However, he’s more used to relying on a codriver for pacenotes, and as such relies on auditory directions from his GPS system (PHIL), so the instructions for where the fastest route is comes in a bit later than other taxi drivers’ intuition.

Sample voicelines (Accent would likely be a more country England accent, possibly Welsh or Scottish)

• (New Passenger) Ah, I see you want a fast driver, huh? Well, I can certainly do fast!
  • (Hitting traffic) Oi! These daft maniacs are more annoying than trees! And trees don’t move!
  • (Hitting a big-air jump) Yeeeuaaah! Just like Finland!
  • (Hitting a big-air jump) Woo! Send it! If in doubt, flat out!
  • (Missing a turn) Phil, it’s less than 10 meters! Just say “into” the turn!
  • (random) Yunno, the mid-80s didn’t need all this tech to navigate a city. Just a notebook and 500 horsepower! Ha!
  • (random) Once, I hit a curb wrong around here, and went for half a dozen somersaults! Pretty sure I broke something loose. neck cracking sound Ah, dang neck!
  • (random) Ah, well, some ask me why I bother with being a cabbie. Y’see I’m just driving around blokes, instead of my co-driver!
  • (random) Make sure all suitcases, backpacks, and any other valuables are secure in that boot. My mechanic doesn’t tie down the spare all that well. And by mechanic well, I mean me.
3 Likes

Ahhh waitttt…
The Ebernhard Cardinair of 1959 Driven by Fracho Banci
Francho is an imigrant who is an experienced driver and has become accustom to the scale of his car.
Francho lives in New Redway as you may have guessed

(please tell me I got everything right!!!)

5 Likes

Aaaaaannnd its a wrap

Thanks for all the entries
Expect results soon

4 Likes

no heart attacks… noooo hearrt attacckks… please. ahhh calm

Results

grafik

1:30 pm in a non-cooled SpeedCo. Meeting Room

Its the type of meeting the crew already had a couple of times: Sit down, let the Community Manager talk for too long and hide you face in a brew brand “Good enough”. The only happy person sets up her laptop in front of the projector screen.

“Nice to see you all again” say Sarah the CM to break the silence.
A joined “mmhhh hmmm” emits from the group of 4 men.

“I see… We know what going on sooo. Lets have a quick look okay?”
The lights in the room dim and the projector hums into life.
With a some taps on the company laptop the Powerpoint starts.

“Welcome to my presen…”
“Okay you used that title at least 2 times now”
“PSS”, Sarah dismisses the Lead Programmer, “How do you guys say, dont fix a running system or something along the lines”
After a long eye roll the Programmer leans back into his chair.

“So yeah where was I… Ah yes first Entry”

“This is the Perdana Acidus 1.8 Turbo from user @HybridTronny featuring Badrul Asri a malaysian ruffian for our Tosuki region”

“Didnt we ask for non branded stuff?” The Project Manager interjects.
“I also think we had a guideline of required livery ques?” The Lead Designer adds
The PM continues, “Well time to throw…”
The CEO stops the him, “Wait Wait wait. Reading through the character this would be a very fitting first car for the area and a perfect contact person story wise. Can’t you just add the checkers and remove the badge?”
“Not without the consent of the creator and who knows when he answers. We really dont have time to wait on a new version for the cover at the moment”
“Okay. Shoot the guy a mail and put the car on the backburner right now, maybe we can get at least the revision soon enough so we can at least put it ingame”

Verdict
A small peppy convertable for a small and city, with a nice character to add to it.
Sadly due to the needed revisions it can not be an contender for the cover

With a way to lenghty transition the next slide pops up:

"Here we have a submission from @AndiD . The ‘Rama Rena Taksi Kabriolet’ for Vardeskik

“Now that needs a shorter name”
“And probally a re… well a design”
“At least the character has been thoughed through, they could have probally used that time fleshing out the car, buuuuut the idea of an older vet”
“Gotta say, some of the lines are funny.”
The convo gets interrupted by the CEO “Alright. We will take the character in. For the car we have to do an in-house design”

Verdict
The Rama Rena Taksi Kabriolet is a car and thats pretty much it.
While the character had a lot of work put into it, the balance is pretty much off here
Boleslav will make it in the game, but he gets a WWII inspired vehicle as his ride

Another random and “quirky” transition

“This is the ‘Taxi Midnight Club’ from @mart1n2005

“And?”
“Thats it”
“Whatcha mean ‘Thats it’”
“We only received the car file and thats it”

Verdict
Binned for not providing any data

“Please continue then”
“Ehh yeah. Yes”

“Here we have the Tarpon GT by @Maverick74 . This is for the Wild Widths”

“Ha. Thats quite neat. Who doesnt like a muscle car”
“I can see that driving over the long highways next to the red sand”
“Isnt it a bit… too american though. Like i could also imagine this in our East Coast scenario”
“Another issue i see is that the character is very much ‘Dude drives Cab’ needs some rework”
The Lead Designer takes the word “I already got an idea for this”

Verdict
The Tarpon will be included in the game after some major rework
The car will feature a MadMax Interceptor refrence and Sunderland will be changed to fit that vehicle more

“Can I go to the… yes? Okay”

“This is from @BannedByAndroid . The Berlin Taxi for Weißgipfelhausen”

“Didnt the requirements state that we are looking for 2 door vehicles?”
“Yes we did. Its also missing the Ludicrus Cab checkers”
“Is the driver at least fitting”
The men look at each other.
“The driver is an undercover agent” the Lead Programmer stats
“Okay why?”
“Too stop an terrorism group”
“…”

Verdict
The car and character will be split of from each other.
The Berlin Taxi will get ‘Herman the German’ an older german dude with an excentric wardrobe, while the concept of Agent 420 will be toned down from serious Agent to a more James Bond approach.

“Good with that we come to our next… what is this?”

“Um what is that Sarah”
“This should have been the car from @AudiRS4 but looks like something broke with the download…”

Verdict
Binned for wrong naming

“I hope everything else still works…”

“Oh god thanks. Um here we have the Kabgaroo from @thecarlover

“Oh thats a nice wildcard. You can directly see that its for the Wild Widths.”
“It might not be the most detailed or excentric designs, but it is doing its job very effectivly and what else could you wish for?”
“Maybe a bit more presentable driver? A fat dude in a white tanktop for the cover?”
Sarah links into the convo: “What if gave him a pet kangaroo he playes play-fight with”
“Sold”

Verdict
The Kabgaroo will be a drivable car ingame and might make it on the cover

“Up next the ‘BIG YELLOW THING’ by @Knugcab for New Redway”

“It certainly is big”
“And yellow”
“And could need a polish, what the story here Sarah”
“Um the driver of this cap is an old geezer who lives in the city since ever basicly”
“Okay Okay i can see that. Throw it on the TODO list”

Verdict
The Big Yellow Thing will be a driveable car in the game after some polishing
It is not a contender for the cover

“Next in line:”

“We have the 59 Lowrider by @donutsnail for our starter town Santa de Palma”

“uuuuuh yes yes yes”
“Now thats what i imagine when i hear 'Santa de Palma. Low and Slow. Or in our case, fast and bouncy”
“Absolutly beauty”
“But what about the driver?”
“Driver is a Chicano woman named Rose. Very latin and active character”
“Yes thats peeeerfeeect. What are we waiting for, but it on the list”

Verdict
The 59 Lowrider is a perfect envision of the game and area it will be drivin in
Making it not a strong contender for the cover would be a crime

“Alrighty, next on the list:”

“The Vier Delta, send in by @Kursk for Weißgifelhausen”

“Uuuuh a nice Rally car for Weißgifelhausen? I am on board”
“Yeah and the chracter fits into that role quite well”
"The only real complain i got is that the Taxi livery is very… thrown on, almost as if someone found a nice model of a rally car and just spray painted the checkers on.
“We can fix that though, cant we?”

Verdict
The Vier Delta is a nice unique idea which downfall is the taxi livery
After a touch up the car and character will be implemented into the game

“Last page”

“Another car for New Redway by @ThatCarMadGamer the Ebernhard Cardinair”

“isnt Ebernhard a real brand?”
“Yeah can’t have that. Gotta get rid of the badges and such”
“Well other that that?”
“Its a nice big barge, but i dont think its a right fit for New Redway.”
“Yeah i agree its much more West Coast Cruiser, than Malaise East Coast”
“Aaaand if we change the location of the car we also need to change the character.
Italian Immigrant doesnt really scream sunny West Coast in my opinion”
“So we need to change car, driver and concept”
“mhhh”

Verdict
A very nice car let down by its concept.
The Ebernhard will not be in the game

“Alright gentelmen. I think we have all we need. See you all at the launch party”

Result

Somewhere at your local Mall…

Well done @donutsnail on not only making a nut worthy car, but also making it perfectly fit the game!

2.) @thecarlover
3.) @HybridTronny
4.) @Maverick74
5.) @Kursk

11 Likes

Sweeeeeeeet!

Since I just popped up a fresh challenge of my own, I will pass on hosting the next round.

I MADE TOP FIVE! YEEEEEE!

And yes, it’s very much a case of slapping the taxi details onto a car, but that was the intention. Very happy that it was well-received!

I will be hosting the next round, I’m figuring out the best idea to proceed with and will post a brief tomorrow.

1 Like

Absolutely the most worthy winner IMO. Congrats!

Following the success of the 2001 movie ‘The Agile and the Angry’ studio executives have teamed up with a major game studio to develop a game set within the same world to launch for 2003. A big point to avoid the issues of many film to game adaptions was to have the players playing a new character and not one of the movie characters, and so this requires a roster of cars for people to customise to their liking.

So here is the hunt for some stock cars that can be modified to fit in with any number of A&A cars. Of course the executives would like to see what the stock cars look like before reaching their wild levels of modifications.

What they’re looking for in terms of modified cars are both wild interior and exterior upgrades along with performance upgrades to match. The best submission will be featured on the game’s cover alongside some of the movie’s hero cars.

Generally, the inspiration here is the Need for Speed Underground games.

Rules

• Base car/engine no older than 1965

• 2003 trim and engine variant year

• All engine and mechanical parts are changeable from the base car except for the chassis tab. So no changing the chassis, engine position, panel material, or suspension. I will bin cars that have clearly unrealistic choices here to minmax.

• No more than 8 cylinders

• 160 engine ET limit, 130 trim ET limit

• Maximum 13s 1/4 mile time (game magic and nitro power ups will drop it down to 10s or less)

• 98 RON Super unleaded

• Interior design required and should match up with interior tab choices (for reference, stripped out is basic, sport still has some quality parts to it)

• Back seats and safety features optional

• Screenshots required in the thread, at least one of the unmodified car and one of the modified car

• Only the modified car file is being sent to me.

• Standard naming applies (AG18 - YourName, Make/Model/Trim, AG18 - YourName, EngineName)

Judging

• High importance: Styling, clear visual upgrades from the stock car

• Medium importance: Drivability, sportiness, prestige

• Low importance: Comfort, cost

Here’s the original A&A movie challenge for reference/inspiration: The Search for a Sportscar - The Agile and the Angry - #46 by thecarlover

Design inspiration

Submissions will open at 12 PM EDT Sunday June 13th 2021 (rules subject to change until then)

Entries will close at 8 PM EDT Sunday June 27th 2021 (deadline has been extended)

13 Likes