The Automation Gamer Challenge [NEW THREAD]

Alright, with no comments on the rules, the round is officially open.

Why the mandatory interior design? What aboit those who can’t design interiors?

Plus, I don’t believe games of this era modelled interiors, at least to the level you are possibly looking for, anyway.

You could likely make the interior flat but retain seats and steering wheel like some games

3 Likes

NFSU2 had the fully modelled and customised trunks and engine bays, so I wouldn’t consider it far-fetched to have some interiors. We have several interior part mods available, so making interiors are now easier than ever as it’s just placing actual interior fixtures rather than trying to assemble something from several 3D fixtures.

Also worth noting that the cars will all be higher quality in every way than what you got in a 2003 game but that’s not the point anyways, you always got cover cars in much higher detail than what was actually in the game.

4 Likes

The 19th is on saturday. Do you mean saturday the 19th or sunday the 20th?

1995 IP Pandora, nice and unmolested, it would be a shame if someone…

…ruined it. :frowning:

5 Likes

I did mean Sunday the 20th, the date has been edited.

1 Like

So with a little over 24 hours to go I’ve received all of one entry.

Would people be interested in an extended deadline, and if so, how much of an extension? I’d be willing to go up to an extra week if need be.

2 Likes

I have a car started, definitely would like the extra time to complete it. 1 week should be enough for me, not sure about others.

2 Likes

Alright, well I’ll move the deadline a week and hopefully get more entries from it.

New entry deadline: 8 PM EDT Sunday June 27th

2 Likes

Deer And Hunt Bambi Superroad

American POS goes :boooscht:

14 Likes

Kaizen SC34s

By @66mazda and @Xepy

Imagine not having a Prostation™ 2 in your car.

Additional Images

18 Likes

2003 Kazuki Switchback - A&A Edition

Interior done by @mart1n2005.

16 Likes

2003 Nakano Silver A34 GT-R

8 Likes

24 hours remain

Zephorus PRC GTZ

A collaboration between myself and @Ryan93

Comparison

Stats -
3.0L I6 Turbo producing 670hp
6 Gear Manual AWD
1445kg

14 Likes

1997 Delphus Firehawk

More Photos

14 Likes

Entries are closed

As of 84 minutes ago

With such a small pool of entries, I’ll have the results out shortly enough.

5 Likes

The Agile and the Angry: The Game

Sorry for the delay, it’s been a hectic week.

In a generic conference room, movie studio and game studio executives meet up to discuss possible proposals for the game’s hero car.

@Knugcab - 1995 IP Pandora 2000 GTT

Design: A rather mild design that still fits well for the theme. The body kit upgrade over the base car isn’t as significant as it could be, but the paint and various add-ons do help, as so their big chrome wheels. The interior is rather spartan by comparison, it’s functional but lacks the stylistic flair we were hoping for. Clear performance-oriented upgrades but nothing in the way of visual add-ons. 3/10

Specs: No way around it, this car’s too slow. Could work as one of the earlier cars but not a hero car.

¼ mile time of 15.06s

@MikonP7 - 1994 Deer and Hunt Bambi Superroad

Design: Quite a flamboyant design on this one, and a clear upgrade over the base car in allways. The body kit goes a long ways to altering the car’s shape while the decals are simply the icing on top. The other various add-ons are quite nice too and overall the styling of the car is what we’re looking for. The interior is perfectly matched to the exterior and nicely blends performance and stylistic upgrades. 7/10

Specs: While the car is mostly up to spec and well upgraded, the engineering put into it is a little too extensive for the upgrade system in the game.

130.1 trim ET. So close yet so far.

@Xepy @66mazda - 1997 Kaizen SC34s

Design: Now this is the kind of design we’re looking for. Every aspect of the original car has been upgraded in some way, and the paint and decals are suitably over the top. The wide body kit is a nice touch and very stylish. The interior is very well done too, with the same theme carried throughout. Even the neon lighting. The ProStation 2 is a very nice touch, though we’ll have to change that for each platform the game is on. Overall a solid mix of performance and style for the interior, with a bias toward style. 10/10

Specs: This isn’t the usual Japanese sedan as under the hood of the SC34s is a twin-turbo 4.5L V8 producing 553 hp and 471 lb-ft, pushing the car to 100 km/h in 4.9s and a ¼ mile time of 12.78s. It’ll be a bit to work to get that lowered with nitrous but certainly doable. The RWD and 6-speed setup is fitting of a V8 sport sedan and sure to be something players would like. Testing shows average ease of driving but agility below average of the cars available. The car shines with the prestige and comfort ratings but the $56,500 price is quite high.

@SyberRacer @mart1n2005 - 2003 Kaizuki Switchback

Design: Another design with eye catching paint and decals. The look of this one is certainly pushing a little more toward performance over style but still fits well. The wide body kit and wing are quite nice though it is worth noting that the overall look isn’t a big departure from the base car. Inside is effectively all go and no show. It has some nice speakers and is certainly well modified beyond the base car, but the modifications are almost exclusively performance elements and not stylistic ones. 7/10

Specs: Behind the cabin sits a 2.0L turbocharged I4 boosted up to 420 hp and 301 lb-ft. With the conventional RWD and 6-speed manual, 0-100 km/h is done in a brisk 3.7s and the ¼ mile in 11.59s, so this one won’t require much nitrous to get under 10s. Testing shows that the ease of driving it is average while agility is the best of the bunch. The prestige rating is on the low side of average while comfort is non-existant. The $46,900 final price is a little high but not terrible.

@KSIolajidebt - 1998 Nakano Silver A34 GT-R

Design: This one is quite the looker at first, but it’s unfortunately let down when compared to the base car. Outside the neon and decals, which are both very well, down, it’s not much of an upgrade. The body kit and add-ons are nice but feel more like early unlocks than those you’d have on a final hero car. The interior is a real letdown, it seems to be completely unmodified. Overall, quite stylish a car, but much too light on the visual modifications. 5/10

Specs: The car is mostly up to spec and nicely upgraded but the engine goes above and beyond the game’s requirements.

166.3 engine ET

@Riley - 1993 Zephorus PRC GTZ

Design: Here we go, back to something suitably overstyled. The body kit, the wings, the decals, the three spoke wheels, are all simply wild and exactly what a hero car should have. This is noticeable departure from the base car’s design, even without a wide body kit or swapping the lights. The interior is a good follow up of the exterior, with major performance-oriented upgrades. Not much stylistic flair but the ludicrous stereo system with several displays helps make up for that. 8/10

Specs: The PRC is powered a turbochared 3.0L I6 sending out the most power of any car here: 670 hp and 496 lb-ft. The AWD drivetrain paired with a 6-speed manual give it an astounding 0-60 of 2.8s and a ¼ mile time of 10.62s. Definitely not much to be done here, this is true hero car performance. Testing has average ease of driving and well above average agility. The game’s prestige figure is quite average while comfort is rather low. The final price of $44,900 is on the good side of average.

@SayokiN - 1997 Delpuhs Firehawk

Design: Another overstyled and beautifully eye-catching design. The first thing that pops here is the beautifully executed decals and paint job: they just make the entire car pop. Looking beyond that, almost every element has been modified in some way, with a full body kit, swapped lights, large wing, and various add-ons and changes all over as you would expect of a hero car. The interior is a little more restrained but still well done with mostly performance upgrades but some visual elements and of course the massive stereo. 9/10

Specs: In classic American fashion, the Firehawk is powered by a V8, but it’s a low-displacement twin turbo unit that fits in more with the tuner cars than the muscle cars. The 367 hp and 390 lb-ft bring it to 100 km/h in 4.3 and a ¼ mile time of 12.43s before nitrous. The RWD with 6-speed manual setup is par for the course as well. Testing shows it to be within the norm in ease to drive but toward the lower end of agibility. Prestige is on the same level as most of the cars and comfort stats are average. The $38,100 price is more than agreeable.

After a lunch break and some deliberation, the executives have finally come up with a tally of the finalists.

In 4th place is @SyberRacer and @mart1n2005 with the 2003 Kaisuki Switchback. More interior flair, in both design and features, could have helped it do better.

In 3rd place is @Riley with the 1993 Zephorus PRC GTZ. Another one held back some by a relatively spartan interior design but a very solid car overall with amazing performance.

In 2nd place is @SayokiN with the 1997 Delphus Firehawk. A ridiculously detailed car both before and after modifications that could have been a winner with more money put into it.

And of course the winner is @Xepy and @66mazda with the 1997 Kaizen SC34s. An over the top design that was backed up by the right blend of performance and features.

12 Likes

Thank you for hosting this, was fun making a 2000s era tuner again!

Both Mazda and I won’t be able to host next round so we’ll be passing it down.
@SayokiN

5 Likes