The Automation Gamer Challenge [NEW THREAD]

Hmm, if I don’t come up with something by the end of tomorrow then I’ll pass it down to @Riley.

3 Likes

AGC19 - Bokemon City 

With the recent success of Bokemon Town, Bintendo has decided to work on a sequel which will explore the cities of the Banto region. The developers thought it would illogical for the main character to have to cycle from city to city so they’ve decided that they would commute around with a car and trunk bike combo. The car will be used to travel between locations and the bike will be used to explore within those locations.

What they’re looking for here is a japanese coupe/hatchback with a trunk scooter/motorbike.

Design inspiration

Rules

• Base car/engine years have to be in 1983-1999
  • Body must be 2 or 3 door
  • No more than 6 cylinders
  • Must include cat with at least 1 muffler 
  • Only front or rear engine placement
  • No rear engined FWD
  • 120 ET engine limit, 110 ET trim limit
  • 95 RON
  • At least 2 seats
  • $30000 maximum cost
  • Interior: as long as I can see two headrests from the outside then it's good enough
  • Trunk bike (will have to be made out of 3D, it can be basic)
  • Model name: AGC19 - (username) Trim name: Car Name
  • Engine name: AGC19 - (username) Engine trim: Engine Name

Judging

High importance: Styling, B I K E, fuel economy, drivability

Medium importance: Prestige, comfort, costs

Low importance: Sportiness

Submissions will open at 12 PM EDT Sunday July 4th 2021 (rules can be subject to change)

Entries will close at 10 PM EDT Sunday July 18th 2021 (deadline subject to extension)

14 Likes

Likely the weirdest idea I’ve seen on AGC and I like it.

The first line states that both the (car) model and (engine) family years must fall within the years 1983-1999 inclusive if I am not mistaken. As for the second line, does this rule out the use of hatchbacks? And will it be possible to submit a convertible (either an actual one, or a coupe made to look like a convertible with the use of certain strategically placed fixtures)?

These limits are fairly generous - so why aren’t there any PU limits? Also, I suspect the use of regular unleaded petrol (91 RON) is to simulate the fact that the game takes place in something resembling an American city. And shouldn’t catalytic converters be mandatory? Especially since as early as 1983, unleaded petrol had been mandatory in America for several years.

Made some changes, I’m fairly new to the forums so I have no idea what I’m doing

oh my god this is fantastic

2 Likes

A few more things to consider:

Those seats ought to be full-sized. But if a car has any rear seats, must they also be full-sized, rather than +2 or +3?

For the sake of lore, does the car actually have to be from a Japanese company, or at least look like it does?

Well I’m not going to be too picky with the seating arrangement and yes the car should be from a Japanese company.

Ok, so with no more comments or suggestions this round is now open.

Oh boy, I have just the car idea for this. Hopefully can make it in time.

Due to some recent feedback the 50/50 torque split rule has been removed

oh boy entries close today

Well, I have something, but I dont really want to win by default so, extension @SayokiN ?

Zephorus Go!
Very original I know

A cool hot hatch

Bike

17 Likes

New deadline: 10 pm EDT Sunday July 18th

6 Likes

Cool looking car and bike indeed!

2 Likes

Manda Hertz Turbo Z

w/ Manda Pocket Rocket

Made by RAZR
More Images Made by RAZR Made by RAZR Made by RAZR
9 Likes

1988 Daiwaii DC2 and its folding scooter

More pictures

13 Likes

Am I allowed to submit a convertible?

(I know this was already asked, but I never saw an answer for it)

I guess they do fall under the rules but what the devs are looking for is a coupe/hatchback.

Here we have the DMC Ymp.

Yes, I cheated and used the new bike mod because after an hour of frustration…

5 Likes