The Car Shopping Round 67 - Old and Wise [FINAL RESULTS]

PM the file to the user running the competition, not out here.

1 Like

I did. But I’ve started making my cars open-source. I got the idea from someone else. I am hoping that I will learn some things. Feel free to take a look at it. If you think this will give others an unfair advantage, just remember that I’ve been in 8 CSR rounds, and have been insta-binned in 5; the rest in the bottom half. I appreciate constructive criticism.

1 Like

Could’ve either a) made it obvious or b) posted it in the relevant thread

2 Likes

First competition entry in years (except for the official one just finished).

I think I’m still rusty :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Darn it, I knew I should’ve plumped for that optional equipment. Thought my cotton disco ball was solid enough for safety!

1 Like

While I’m all for making things open source, for learning, the middle of the submission period is not the time for that. I prefer you not publicly post your car files prior to the close of submissions (at least in any thread I run). Can you please remove the file until Sunday afternoon?

3 Likes

4 Likes

50 hours remain. Just went through another batch of entries. In addition to the previous list, I also have processed:

@Alib
@machalel
@thecarlover
@koolkei
@undercoverhardwarema

At this time there are 26 entries, so I am definitely going to break this up into two rounds of judging.

6 Likes

*$10,991

The Borealis trim of the Mattawa offers more features over the standard Mattawa wagon than the 4wd and locking differential. Also included are a raised ride height, gearing optimised for offroad use, rugged plastic sills, a standard sunroof, standard mud flaps, a standard roof rack, and standard fog lamps.

Exterior dealer installed options include alloy wheels, hood deflector, brush guard (with or without offroad lamps), tow ball, roof rack mounted bike carrier or cargo carrier.

Interior dealer installed options include a cargo liner, retractable cargo cover, cargo net, dash mounted compass with inclinometer and tilt gauges, dog guard (mountable behind he back seat or behind the front seats when the back seat is lowered), and rubber floor mats.

Visit your RCM dealer for a wide selection of accessories for your car, such as travel mugs, t-shirts, hats, decals, and windbreakers.

17 Likes

3 Likes

10 Likes

Now less than 24 hours to the deadline.

I have received and processed the following since my last update:

@Rk38
@NormanVauxhall
@DukeOFhazards
@vmo

3 Likes

another low effort ad :stuck_out_tongue:

and the game glitched when i made this… and so i said, why not as well fokking use it.

16 Likes

Hey that’s actually pretty awesome :smile:

Looks better if the car is flying sideways…

Was actually going to ask how you did this :stuck_out_tongue:

The Maesima NV-982 also known as the Celento in some markets is a midsize car which was manufactured by Maesima from 1982 to 1988. The sedan, liftback and wagon models were released in February 1982, they were produced in Anikatia at the main factory facilities in Namju.

The Maesima Celento (NV-982 Series II) sedan, liftback and wagon models were released in April 1985, featuring a revised look with new front fascia, tail treatments in addition to mechanical changes including an automatic transmission option and further refinements to the ride and handling. The range was revised and the new limited edition Trail-Trek edition was introduced.

The NV-982 was the companies first front-wheel-drive vehicle and was introduced above the long-running NV-975. It was powered by either a 1.5-litre four-cylinder petrol MC-OB1452 engine with single overhead cams and two valves per cylinder of the MCO series producing 52 kW (70 hp) and 102 Nm (75 ft lbs). The MCO series engine was introduced in 1982 and based on the MCP series OHV Inline six-cylinder petrol engines.

The Trail-Trek edition was a unique take on an offroad vehicle. Maesima at that time had only introduced the Celento in 1982 their first vehicle to the American market and while the lineup included a sedan, liftback and wagon variants there was nothing to compete in the growing off-road and sports utility market.

Instead what Maesima engineers sought to offer an alternative to buyers looking for something with some off-road capability. The Trail-Trek added additional ground clearance, underbody armour and locking differential which allowed the vehicle to make its way through terrain regular 2WD’s can only dream about.

The Trail-Trek offered in a 2-door wagon variant aimed squarely at tradesmen, farmers and those in rural areas who wanted extra ground clearance and diff lock to negotiate tricky fire trails, building sites and paddocks, Maesima never intended to compete against true 4x4’s.

The diff lock saw a vacuum operated system couple both axles together to provide 50/50 drive to both wheels. Like most diff lock systems this meant the Trail-Trek couldn’t be driven on bitumen with the diff lock engaged. A switch on the dash could activate the system at speeds under 40kph (25mph) while the diff lock remained engaged up to 70kph (44mph), engaging and disengaging automatically.

shown with the optional touring package (including sidesteps, roof racks, fog lights, removable tow bar, mud-guards)

All models were offered with competitive warranties and servicing deals but the Celento struggled against the established brands. But for those that wanted a simple, practical, affordable and dependable vehicle the Celento provided. The Trail-Trek edition failed to capture the market and was dropped in 1988 with the introduction of the second generation Celento (known in other markets as the NV-988).

The Celento Trail-Track was offered with a wide range of optional extras including sidesteps, roof racks, fog lights, removable tow bar, mudguards, washable rear cargo liner, cargo nets, boot divider/pet barrier, 13-inch alloy wheels and summer touring road tires.

Celento Trail-Trek 1.5L 3AT: $3,963.94*

(*+20% in 1986 value equal to 7,929.00 (+20%) or 6,607.00 (+0%) in 2010 Autiomation units)

17 Likes

The front reminds me to the Peugeot 505 one.

2 Likes

8 Likes

Comes with power steering, ABS, split-folding rear seat and a quad-speaker 8-track player as standard. Available with both a 5-speed manual (standard) or a 4-speed automatic (+$69).

Customize your Arai Kyori Touring by opting for one of our option packages:

• Offroad package - $149
    • Front and rear pneumatic locking differentials
    • Underbody protection
  • Premium package - $499
    • Full leather interior
    • 13-inch ‘Impeller’ alloy wheels (can be purchased separately for $29)
  • Hi-Fi package - $649
    • Quad-speaker cassette deck
  • Safety package - $249
    • Driver-side airbag
  • Utility package - $99 Available at no extra charge until May 1st
    • Bumper-mounted auxilliary lights
    • Roof rack
    • Tow hook
13 Likes