The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

you guys and all your indonesian name ideas :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

y’welcome

this is
##uvuvwevwevwe
no kidding that’s the car’s name

in a world where everyone is wanting to sell you outdated bodies and 3 cylinders. we are here to make a difference. here you see a very nicely designed body and you get 4 cylinders. you don’t deserve to have 3, that is not how to punish the third world

and the price is:

5 Likes

What do Brivio S.P.A have in stock for the developing Asian market?

Introducing the 2013 Horyuji Kesan 1.0E

The CEO of Horyuji found that they were missing out on the ultra cheap car market, we found that even our cheapest cars were still just that bit too expensive so we rented an office in Jakarta and got together a group of designers sourced from various parts of Asia, after sampling the competition and spending time talking to focus groups Horyuji finally found the perfect formula for the 3rd world markets.

The Engine:

The engine is a simple little 1.0L SOHC 6V unit with VVL and VVT, the unit produces a healthy 52.8hp@5700rpm and 62.2ft-lb@2300rpm, the engine utself only weighs 84.4kg despite it being an iron block.

The Car

The car comes with a 6-Speed manual gearbox utilising 6th gear as the ‘overdrive’ gear for maximum economy.

The car comes with long life high profile tyres with reinforced sidewalls to cope with the poor rural roads, the skinny 165mm tyres are perfect for keeping the car economical while still keeping the car firmly on solid ground.

You will find the car has vented disc in the front a drums in the rear, we feel that 2LS drums on the front are very prehistric in the car world, even for a cheap econobox.

5 durable fabric seats perfect for messy children or just general utility use. There is no radio in the bog standard model but we think this is a good thing as it will encourage everyone in the car to talk to eachother, obviously you can fit an aftermarket stereo if you really want one, you still get the 12V socket for navigation systems and charging your phone. We offer this model with power steering and ABS, The CEO of Horyuji refuses to sell general use vehicles without ABS as he himself almost died because of a wheel locking incident in the 80’s driving down Mt. Fuji…

The car comes with 2 airbags and ISOFIX for child seats, the steering column is designed to collapse on impact as are the pedals, the car does have a crumple zone and is very close to Euro standards.

Important Stats:

MPG UK - 66
0-100km/h - 16.4s
Top Speed - 149km/h
Price ($) - 9,960 + $500 for ABS = $10,460
Weight - 950kg

The Kesan really is a stylish looking car keeping the looks to a very conservative level, a nice little design feature is the hidden rear door handle which is embedded in the C Pillar, the rear seats fold flat to give a level boot floor, the rear seat has an arm rest which folds down from the middle seat when not in use, it has two cup holders embedded in it.

5 Likes

I would give you several likes for that name :smiley:

3 Likes

#Introducing the 2013 Yucatan Santaka

As no one remembers, Yucatan is the cheap brand of the Baltazar Group. Yes, even cheaper than the main brad. Yucatan cars usually slot in our lineup between Baltazar cars and walking. And the 2013 Santaka is no exception. Using a small car chassis and small hatchback features, like mcpherson front suspension and torsion beam rear, this thing is cheap and light. Which is good, given there’s just a 69 hp 1.2 engine underneath that vast aluminium body.
Standard equipment includes power steering, 16 inch alloy wheels and, uhhh, not much else. I guess it has some ropes for seat belts too. Which means it’s perfect for the indonesian market. All of that for just 10,680 USD.

Oh…almost forgot, it seats 7. And there still is a 470 litre boot.

11 Likes

2013 Valta Heim 1.2 E

Introducing the new budget brand from the Evgenis Automotive Group (EAG), Valta! This is a worthy introduction to the hustle and bustle of the developing market, where most people’s interests lie in getting as much space and mobility at the lowest cost possible, and thanks to the expertise of Evgenis engineering (and funding), we’ve been able to achieve just that.

Powered by a modified version of Evgenis’ own 1.2-litre 4-cylinder engine, it has been absolutely maximised for efficiency, meaning this is capable of obtaining fuel economy figures no other car in this segment can achieve @ 3.68 l/100km. Performance has not been completely sacrificed either, with this engine managing to produce a nifty 64 bhp, it powers this ultra-lightweight minivan to 100 kph in 12.4 second and beyond 160 kph.

All of this is mated to a fine-tuned 6-speed manual, optimised for fuel economy and everyday usability, meaning this car doesn’t feel cumbersome at higher speeds. A 6-speed automatic is available on higher-end variants.

The model displayed here is the base “E” model, designed for pure basic motoring. Although the outside would not indicate this, as some Evgenis quality has been injecting into the exterior styling, it does mean that only the very basic equipment comes as standard, with a heater, manual wind-down windows front and back, and seat and steering wheel adjustment. Safety is important to the Evgenis group, and we wouldn’t allow even the most affordable of our cars from our most affordable car in the lowest price market to go without key features such as seatbelt (with pretensioners) and 2 front airbags.

The clever design of the interior, though, does allow for easy installation of an aftermarket media system as well as a GPS system. Further clever packaging ideas can be found with the folding rear seats as well as an adjustable boot floor in the already cavernous 760 litre boot.

All of this wonderful product is available at the absolutely incredible price of just $9,840!

SOME SCREENSHOTS HAVE BEEN INCLUDED!

8 Likes

:astonished: it’s Cheeseman! Where you been???

1 Like

Today, on “How Many Cylinders is Too Many?”; How many can you fit in a budget econobox before everything goes belly up? Just how reliable can a V12 be? Why wasn’t there an explicit rule against this example of engineering perfection? Just how many vehicles can we fit one in?

Introducing; The Bumblebee!

Bringing bad ideas to developing countries, at a budget!

Featuring space for 5, a questionable interior with lots of room for passengers and a huge boot, it ticks all the boxes for practicality. And with a low cost of only $10,920 it can be bought by nearly anyone! And it’s reliable too!

Those poor developing nations don’t deserve these mediocre 3 and 4 cylinder engines, they need the poor man’s V12! Lets get rid of that horrible social stigma of “Oh but that’s unreliable!” “It’ll cost you an arm and a leg in petrol!”

This 1.2L beast produces not particularly amazing 60bhp, however, with a small remap it will gladly rev up to 10,000rpm and produces exactly 0 torques when you get it there! However, keep the stock limiter on and you end up with an efficient and refined piece of technology. Featuring an SOHC design, a slightly silly amount of cast iron and a whopping total of 48 valves there’s not much you’re missing out on with this beast!

With a non too shabby top speed of 102mph and impressive economy figures of under 5l/100km, you’d be mad to go for anything else
[spoiler]It’s also extremely reliable. Did we mention how reliable it is? Very. That’s how.

[/spoiler]

12 Likes

With a 68hp 1.2L I6 and seating for 7 DMA’s IF112 b comes in at a reasonably affordable $10,320.

7 Likes

The Versal Nurelo:

After realizing the price for the previous vehicle , the Pomme ,was to expensive to fit the ideal market in Indonesia (and the design was hideous) ,Versal decided to go back to the drawing board. The designers now free to use any body other than the tiny minivan ,set to work on a much sleeker and much bigger body. You will notice the flowing line from the front bumper up to the roof ,all design aspects of the new Nurelo are designed to keep drag low and quietness high within the car. The body has been made up of aluminium panels and a sturdy ,AHS steel, monocoque chassis has been used to keep weight down. The rear bumper protrudes a very little to make boot access as easy as possible. A large rear wind-screen is designed to keep visibility high whilst still having 3 rear seats. The Nurelo comes with sporty alloy wheels and a high quality 5 speed gear box with over drive for long motorway driving. Gone is the 999cc V6 from the Pomme. In its place sits an all aluminium ,1026cc ,multi-point injected, 4 cylinder , producing 52 bhp as well as 61 ft lbs of torque. This carrys the Nurelo up to a speed of 100 mph where it will sit comfortably all day long whilst still acheiving more than 56 UK MPG. It sips fuel from its efficient engine. With folding rear seats , 2 air bags and a basic infotainment system the Nurelo is perfect for family use. Progressive suspension provides comfort and drivabilty coupled with a good ground clearance tackling a rough road should be a smooth ride. ABS comes as standard.

Colours available are Rouge Rubis, Blanc Glacier , Vert de Pomme and Bleu Givré.

2 Likes

For 2013, Seishido is proud to present the new Acta.
You no longer have to drive a boring car if your budget is strict, the Acta’s modern, striking design will make everyone turn their heads. It’s powered by our trusty TRM-Series Inline 3 engines, for superior power and economy. The interior is equipped with an infotainment system, and twin front airbags.
http://imgur.com/VwDls1X

http://imgur.com/YKftNYT

The price for the Acta G 1.2 is $10560.

10 Likes

I have a partial wildcard currently. $1000 under budget and 60+ MPGus

EDIT: I keep naming my test cars CSR13 instead of 32 for some reason.

Further to my prediction, there’s another class of car in here… the much larger MPV with the MPFI engine, but comes in much closer to budget. As koolkei’s expained, I actually have two contenders now: 1) the modestly sized slightly more drivable and cheaper one 2) the large slightly less drivable and more expensive one. I have no idea which one to choose.

I’m going to also guess that small cars that run close to budget are going to be less desirable, but this is purely me musing out aloud.

1 Like

Chetan Rs

[spoiler]this post mostly will about ‘satirize’ some mother in big town when treating their kid education[/spoiler]

Your only son is ready to study at certain private university in downtown Jakarta after he failed to pass National Uni Entrance Exam [spoiler]since you only let him choose university around Jakarta because you’re too worry about send him to study somewhere else and since your son have very good score at National Exam you confident enough to “recommend” him to choose only the most prestigious National University for Law Degree or Communication Degree even though he focused on Natural Science class during High School with same reason explained before. This probably will not happen if you let him have his own choice damn it[/spoiler]

Since you living in City outskirt, commuting to downtown Jakarta could be exhausting especially if you only depends city transportation. Problem is you only have one family car your husband use to commuting to his workplace and only a motorcycle that pretty much already on its last leg that will cause more pain. However you still kind enough to give him a car as prize for his academic achievement [spoiler]and his suffering to fulfilling your ego[/spoiler]

Still, this is become another problem since your son is diehard fans on BMW especially E36 Platform and he even vocal about wanting the BMW 318i as his first car. Obviously the BMW is too expensive when it comes for upkeep cost and fuel cost though they’re cheaper than most youngster hatchbacks nowadays. You keep insisted that the used the half priced used Yaris from your cousin is way cooler and better than the BMW youforgetwhichmodel but he keep refusing harder than your though. Now the option to give him the Yaris is way too late since your cousin already sold it and the only option is buying him new car.

The new car should be fit for you two since if your son not using it you probably will using it for shopping and left the motorcycle [spoiler]to be neglected more than before[/spoiler]. The car should be comfortable enough for you and not boring enough for your kid, and the most important thing it should be not too expensive to keep.

Finally you and your son choose the Chetan Rs since it has 6 speed Manual with something that prevent the car slip which rarely become option for most entry level cars, safety rating wise is considered good for its price according to your son. the interior also pretty much looks good as Honda Jazz. it still has the steel rims and 1.2l variable technology engine that you not sure engine doesn’t really promise anything [spoiler] but prevent your son for being proud about his first car and make his disappointment little bit deeper[/spoiler] but overall this is a very nice car although you compensating a lot things like price, fuel figure, and the desirable automatic transmission but at least you got the favorite color and make your son ‘happy’ again. [spoiler]Then become more dangerous menace on the street with the car because you probably not gonna use the motorcycle for shopping again[/spoiler]

8 Likes

The epic travails of Tiger Mum :joy: with a backstory like that I just don’t feel like I’m needed in this round anymore haha.

1 Like

Love the flavor text. The child in the narrative could easily have been me - but somehow, I did not suffer that fate. After reading it, I didn’t feel like entering either.

So if you didn’t suffer the fate of the Tiger Mum, what fate did you suffer? :wink:

I ended up entering and passing SIMAK-UI (an entrance test for anyone who wants to study at the University of Indonesia), but unlike the Tiger Mum, never wanted to own (or buy) a car in the first place. And that was seven years ago.

i got a feeling that’s not a story… but an experience…

anyone?

6 Likes