The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

i did say contact for anything more :stuck_out_tongue:
the cario’s blue is just slightly darker. that’s it.

also the Cario Clone IS the name :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Simply put, how many people would shop for 26 utes and then specifically attempt to contact somebody who didn’t put any information on their vehicle?

It’d probably be too harsh of me to demand you put the info there or I drop the judgement I already wrote, so… I’ll just give you the stinkeye instead :poop:

EDIT: integrated judgement of all the objective and subjective factors is now complete. I now have a shortlist. I am also learning more about Excel charts as is my habit:

8 Likes

Well I did not expect that weighting, 0 for oldskool RIP :joy:

Do note that while the chart appears to linearly weight each of the five factors, not all the factors are weighted the same way. For example, even subjectively speaking, the oldskool is an optional with strong bonus rating, whereas hauling is mandatory.

2 Likes

crap, value is weighted pretty low, guess being the 2nd cheapest to own won’t win me any favors to offset the middling other stats of my car :\

>____

The all-new Maesima Reveho is the real deal, a true workhorse for all your needs. On the job or off the beaten trail the Reveho will carry you in a rugged yet stylish package that creates the right balance of performance and functionality.

The bold new line-up offers a wide range of models ensuring that there is something for everyone. The new lineup offers Single-Cab, Plus-Cab and Twin-Cab variants with 4x4 and 4x2 version along with a range of powerplants.

In addition, we offer the ability to fit a configurable tray - a feature that cannot be matched by its passenger-derived ute competitor. All models are available with the choice of either a Styleside Box or Cab Chassis configuration.

Exterior

Crafted with our unique and highly acclaimed Vitalic Motion design language the Reveho evokes a dynamic action of nature in a rugged and powerful design that is just as at home on the work site as it is finding at the beach. Complete with our signature and unmistakable Vitalic Flow grill that creates a powerful road presence and sporty yet rugged look.

The overall design is a subtle mix of car-like details and sporting offroad style. The design immediately conveys a sense of capability. Letting you know that this ute means business. This is backed up by the wide range of body styles offered: Single-Cab, Plus-Cab and Twin-Cab derivatives all ready for action.

The Plus-Cab variant, available in Xz, Tz, GX and GX-Z specification levels, was designed from the ground up as an open-cab ute, with a second-row, rear-hinged door, on each side of the vehicle. To ensure maximum strength and safety in the event of a collision, the engineers incorporated a one-piece B-pillar into the leading edge of the side access panels

Interior

The all-new Reveho features a comfortable interior space which while being sporty in appearance expresses high quality and reassuring safety. Elements contributing to this include the cockpit’s sporty colour scheme which runs from the instrument panel into the side trim and soft-touch surfaces.

The instrument panel has been redesigned with an updated central display and clearer font. Manual transmission models also come equipped with a gear shift indicator to assist drivers with achieving optimal fuel economy. Additional USB ports have been added to the lower centre dash and rear of the centre console across the range.

Plus-Cab and Twin-Cab variants are equipped with flexible rear seats that have a folding base, fold flat and also split 60/40. Plus-Cab versions also have folding rear seats for storage so it’s perfect for taking the whole crew out on the job but then it can also carrying your toolbox, family, pets or any other gear for your latest weekend adventure. The Plus-Cab is truly all-purpose and ready for action.

A robust electronically controlled transfer case allows drivers in 4x4 models to shift on the fly from 4x2 to 4x4 High using a knob on the centre console. For low-speed torque or additional downhill braking, drivers also can engage low-range 4x4 gearing, while an electronic locking rear differential helps to improve traction in difficult conditions.

Engine & transmission

The all-new Maesima Reveho is available with a range of engine choices and to ensure our customers have the best we have teamed up with the renowned Italian-American company Zavir Motori to bring you the very latest in Diesel technology. The lineup consists of four engines: all-new Zavir Motori 2.5 MC-6MQ, 3.1 MC-6MC and 3.7 MC-6MI global diesel engines and an updated, version of the 2.5 Maesima MC-MQ24L petrol engine.

The Zavir Motori engines are equipped with a variable nozzle turbocharger with intercooler. The DOHC 2,498 cc in-line 4 cylinder 2.5 MC-6MC unit generates 150 kW (201 hp) at 5,000 rpm, and maximum torque of 356 Nm (261 ft lbs) between 2,100 and 2,400 rpm. The DOHC 3,121 cc in-line 5 cylinder 3.1 MC-6MC unit develops 166 kW at 3,400 rpm, and maximum torque of 352 Nm between 1,800 and 3,400 rpm. And the DOHC 3,747 cc in-line 6 cylinder 3.7 MC-6MI unit develops 207 kW (223 hp) at 5,000 rpm, and maximum torque of 436 Nm (272 ft lbs) between 1,600 and 3,700 rpm.

The proven, 2,498 cc litre Maesima MC-MQ24L petrol engine generates 128 kW (171 hp) at 6,900 rpm, maximum torque of 226 Nm (167 ft lbs) at 3,800 rpm. The unit benefits from a range of enhancements designed to save weight, enhance combustion efficiency and reduce friction, resulting in a high power output combined with increased fuel economy. Two transmissions are offered: a new 6-speed manual and Maesima’s 6-speed automatic with Performance Mode and paddle shifting.

All engines provide improved fuel efficiency and return outstanding fuel economy figures as low as 7.74 l100 km for all-wheel drive 3.1-liter MC-6MC Turbo-Diesel. In combination with reduced service times, the superior fuel efficiency and reduced running costs of the new engines offer customers dependable exceptional reliability, durability and quality along with driving pleasure.

Chassis

Unlike our rivals, we never forget that utility a key aspect of any great ute. The all-new Reveho is built from the ground up as a true ute and features a newly developed ladder-frame chassis for increased torsional rigidity.

It is designed to combine improved handling, ride comfort, performance and collision safety with outstanding durability in even the most extreme driving environments. With the rigidity of its connection points to the chassis increased, the new bodyshell features high-tensile steel, combining light weight with optimum body strength.

The resultant increase in body rigidity limits deformation, improving steering accuracy and responsiveness for a more engaging driving experience. Finally, the new Reveho features superior anti-corrosion performance to ensure a long-lasting chassis and body shell even when operating in the very harshest of working environments.

To ensure that the Reveho offers outstanding utility and payload capacity a leaf spring-type suspension used as it is ideally suited to carrying heavy loads. Its simple, rugged construction enables the vehicle’s load to be spread over more of the chassis than is possible with a coil spring-type rear suspension, which transfers the load to a single point on either side of the vehicle.

The leaf spring design enables load-induced stress on the suspension and chassis to be more evenly distributed, as well as better managed and controlled.This tough suspension set-up provides a vehicle payload of more than 1000 kg, while still delivering improved steering precision and handling balance more commonly found in a car than a work vehicle.

Maesima Advantage

The all-new Maesima Reveho is produced across the globe in a number of facilities in Vietnam, Thailand, and China, We seek to achieve only the highest in quality craftsmanship at all our facilities before they are exported to many markets around the world.

As a testament to the rock-solid reliability of the Reveho we offer you outstanding value for money with our 5 Years Unlimited Kilometre warranty*, backed by 5 Years Roadside Assistance* (subject to eligibility) and 5 Years Capped Price Servicing*.

This is our commitment to you and gives you peace-of-mind with your vehicle purchase. This commitment demonstrates our steadfast belief in the quality of our products something few other brands can match. This is our Maesima Advantage.

*ᴼᶠᶠᵉʳˢ ᵐᵃʸ ᵛᵃʳʸ ᵈᵉᵖᵉᶰᵈᶦᶰᵍ ᵒᶰ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵐᵃʳᵏᵉᵗ ᶜʰᵉᶜᵏ ᵈᵉᵗᵃᶦᶫˢ ᵃᵗ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᶫᵒᶜᵃᶫ ᴹᵃᵉˢᶦᵐᵃ ᴰᵉᵃᶫᵉʳˢ⋅
*ᴹᵃᵉˢᶦᵐᵃ ʰᵒᶫᵈˢ ᶰᵒ ᶫᶦᵃᵇᶦᶫᶦᵗʸ ᶦᶰ ᵗʰᵉ ᵉᵛᵉᶰᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵃᶰ ᵃᶜᶜᶦᵈᵉᶰᵗ ᵃˢ ᵃ ʳᵉˢᵘᶫᵗ ᵒᶠ ᵈᶦˢᵃᵇᶫᶦᶰᵍ ˢᵃᶠᵉᵗʸ ˢʸˢᵗᵉᵐˢ⋅

## Starting at $56,630.28 ## Maesima Reveho GX-Z Plus-Cab 4x4 Manual# _shown in optional Crimson Sprint Metalic_
___

GX-Z 4x4 Plus-Cab Ute

• 3.1L Turbo-Diesel I5 engine with 6-speed manual transmission
  • 18” Alloy Wheels & Highway Terrain tyres
  • Chrome grill & door handles
  • Stainless steel sports bar
  • Dual LED daytime running lights on the lower fascia
  • Power door lock, windows and mirrors
  • 6.0” Audio Touchscreen Display with MAESIMA iV-DIRECT infotainment system with USB/AUX, Voice Recognition and Bluetooth connectivity
  • Apple CarPlay™ & Android Auto™ support
  • Satellite Navigation & DAB Radio.
  • Dual-zone Automatic Climate Control and Cruise Control
  • Parking Sensors and Reversing Camera (Styleside Ute variants only)
  • 6 SRS Airbags and Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM)
  • Antilock Braking System (ABS), Traction Control (TCS), Electronic Stability Control (ESC) and Hill-Start Assist (H-SAC)
  • Advanced Keyless Entry and Push Button Start
  • Electronic 4x2 & 4x4 transfer switch
  • Unique underbody protection and heavy duty suspension package
  • Premium look fabric seats with 6-way power adjustable driver’s seat, Synthetic leather wrapped steering wheel, shifter knob and parking brake handle

• Advanced Safety Package: Adds 8 SRS Airbags, Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Active Lane-keeping Assist (ALA), MAESIMA Smart Radar-Adaptive Cruise Control (SRCC), and Emergency Active-braking Assist (EAA).

[hide=ᴬᵈᵈᶦᵗᶦᵒᶰᵃᶫ ᵒᵖᵗᶦᵒᶰᵃᶫ ᵉˣᵗʳᵃ ᶜʰᵃʳᵍᵉˢ *]Metallic paint $200
Automatic transmission $1,050
Advanced Safety Package $2,500
[/hide]

Designer / Chief Engineer

Mo Seong-sook / Chung Woo-jung
___

Assembly

Wuhu, China
Hanoi, Vietnam
Rayong, Thailand

___ **Reveho GX-Z Plus-Cab 4x4 : $56,630.28 ᴰʳᶦᵛᵃʷᵃʸ**
22 Likes

You’ve outdone yourself yet again!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

@Rk38 awesome ad as ususal, but, if were being super pedantic, thats not a ute.

Except we’re not being super pedantic so let me go back to ogling that sexy Reveho :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Jaw drops. Awesome job, man.

Also, fuck, seems like I got way too busy with my new Bonham cars and missed the deadline.

1 Like

a ma zing :open_mouth:

let me pedantic.

Well, I suppose in the strictest sense you are correct.

However, this round is using the term ute as it is commonly used in Australia today which means we refer to any utility/pickup/truck or whatever the rest of world seems to call them.

So in my defence, I’ll say that in addition to being an Aussie, the best-selling Toyota Hilux is listed under Utes & Vans section while the Nissan Navara is called a ‘dependable ute’ and then you have the Isuzu D-Max in which even their website is called IsuzuUte). Plus you even have upstart brands like Chinese Foton Motors refer to their new thing as a ute.

So while there is somewhat split their term is most common a used ahead of the other options despite attempts by Holden and Ford to shift to calling their entries trucks or pickups now. Probably because their US corporate overlords have crushed the local designs and now enforcing their ghastly Americanisms…or something maybe trying to distract from the rather apparent death of real utes at their hands I suppose.

6 Likes

Y DIDN’T YOU TELL US THESE SOONER?!?!?!

i know it’s allowed, but i just like being pedantic.

I did make mention of this earlier.

Goddamn that’s a full brochure. It has all the tricks in the book, really bang up pro job. I don’t think I can keep up with the level :joy:

Note: I was quite aware of the potential vagaries of the changing definition of ute as everything gets larger. To be honest I think my brief was very clear in what the client had in mind, but not being of a completely closed mind, I did things the simple Automation way and just based the criteria on wheelbase. After all if it has hauling capacity without being a truck, then it’s worth considering.

4 Likes

That is one of the best brochures ever… and not just for what is essentially a truck! But I will still refer to it as a ute just for the sake of this round.

just. don’t scroll 10 posts up. :joy:

i mean my ad

Not sure what you mean considering I wrote what I did after reading everything? :open_mouth:

EDIT: my modem is on the blink, so I will have to post everything all at once if I don’t get it fixed within the next 24h. All the data and graphs are done, and so is most of the flavour text so it’s now a matter of finishing the narrative, actually deciding the finishing order, and the other graphics. Afraid to say it’s not going to be quite as swish as some of the rounds, but hopefully the calculations and modelling was a bit interesting.

10 Likes