The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

As promised, now i can post my car

I hear someone is looking for a family car? Raziel have the solution.

The brand new[size=150] Raziel Classe F-wagon[/size]

For only [size=150]27.500$[/size] you can have the best on the market. Over 5 meters of comfort.
5 seat, premium interior and a top of the line satnav system, plus a ton of cargo space for all the family.
Family is the key word, The F in the name stand for family, the engeneers who have designed this car have family in their mind.
But they donā€™t forget the driving pleasure: full indipendent suspension, 165 HP produced by an I4 1.9L (115ci) VVL/VVT Turbo engine, 4 valve per cylinder and a six speed automatic transimission.
Easy to drive (automatic transission, power steering) and safe (advanced safety, electronic stability) all component are of high quality.
This engine guarantee good performance on the road (210km/h 130mph, 0-100km/h in 10 seconds) but guarantee very good ecoomy (7.5 L/100km 38MPG) and an astonishing silence and a smooth power curve, with 220Nm (155ft*lbf) aviable from 2000rpm to 5500 rpm, towing and heavy load is no more a problem.
The engine placement (trasversal) guarantee low running costs and easy serviciability, the FWD native system guarantee a lot of space inside and in the trunk (no need for a trasmission shaft).

For only 27.500$ a confortable, pratical, economical solution for your family, choose Raziel Classe F

[size=150]Raziel Classe F, best choice in the best families[/size]

[size=150]Results and reviews[/size]

Matterhorn TLxi: poor drivablility and utility scores (sub 40s) mostly due to undersized and squishy brakes, also used premium gas and had poor MPG for only a 5 seater.

JLT RMX: also used premium gas but very cheap for the stats, a good pick if more money had been invested to have it run on regular gas, brakes were also a little squishy and undersized.

Bogilq Gypsy GLXi: a bit too off road oriented for our family, comfort and drivability suffered compared to the rivals but unmatched practicality, this truck could take us everywhere, but not very comfortably. However lots of praise for the low end torque of the the 3.5 V6

Competitor Wagon: much too sporty for our family this 2 door wagon coupe was very muscular, but lacked the comfort or utility we wanted for a family car lots of power from the 5 liter v8 but a surprisingly harsh ride from the Air suspension had this come in a automatic it might have scored better but alas the days of sporty car buying are in the past for us.

Classe F Wagon: for only 27,500 this was a great bargain only have 5 seats it did lack in utility compared to some competitors but a remarkable economy of 31MPG kept in in contention, sadly again it was the brakes that let us down in this car, far far too squishy front pads caused a lack of stopping distance, the 1.9 turbo had good power and very nice torque across the rev range, and of course that amazing MPG, but caused a bit too much vibration and consumer guide did not give it good ratings for reliability, 7900 rpms is just too high for those internals. over all the car was very good except for the areas mentioned.

Spitfire Mesosphere GTS: a bit above my budget and with a bit higher focus on sportiness then i was hoping for, the tires seem almost painted on and while the hydro-pneumatic suspension did cover up for most of it road-noise was noticeable, that suspension system also added quite a bit of weight to the van doubtlessly contributing to itā€™s lack luster MPG, the other part was the 4.2 V8 that some engineer had managed to cram sideways under the hood along with the AWD transfer case. with a redline just shy of 5000 rpms this engine seemed odd, a sporty twin intake solid milled crankshaft and exhaust bypass valves coupled to a large but constrained flat plane V8. i did my research and no this isnā€™t a Peugeot derived design, although it does have a wiff of their old wackiness to it. over all a roomy and spacious MPV that scored decent in all categories save for utility. This MPV also showed a disturbing lack of brake force from the front wheels.

Asdren Revera MS 4.9: a very nice all rounder, just under $35,000 and very competitive in all stats, it had a very smooth ride and a nice interior a very premium muscle wagon. The only partially limiting factor was the 5 seats, if this had managed a third row it would have easily been in my top five hands down, as it is however the wagon is a very solid top ten. My only question about this is, why the downforce undertray in a family estate?

Smooth Edsak FAMV6: a solid CUV although a bit lacking in utility, likely cause by the double wishbone and multi link setup, that said this was very high marks for practicality and reliability, itā€™s road manners are exceptional and is very easy to drive. the MPG is excellent nearly 35 combined from the 2.5 V6, this is also a 5 seater and despite itā€™s excellent scores in everything else the 32 utility drags it away from the top three.

Orca PME: a nice 5 seat wagon the Orca sports a single clutch 6 speed flappy paddle gearbox and a 3 liter v6 that results in above average drivability but only average comfort the interior in nice if not noteworthy and the ride is decently controlled by the hydro-pneumatic suspension system, the utility score is subpar unfortunately meaning this other wise very nice car sits in the top ten rather that the top five.

The Top Five!
#5 Dragotec Atlas: a 7 seat MPV with superb scores in everything but utility, itā€™s 2.6 liter turbo straight 6 was cramped in sideways under the minivanā€™s hood packing surprisingly little power but with nicely managed turbo boost it retains a comfortable driving feel while somehow returning 41MPG! I was confused by the lever to manually lock the front diff, a odd choice but Iā€™m sure it could be useful getting out of the snow drifts in parking lots during winter. this minivan sadly lacked the utlity score of the other top 5 picks, the rest of the stats were neck and neck however.

#4 Kirk cx55 Touring: this 5 seat SUV manages to overcome itā€™s so-so brakes and loose roly-poly ride with very good practicality, reliability, and driveability, a above average utility and comfort help to round out this very surprising package. My first impression was a typical urban suv, but this had a very sturdy feel from the 6speed auto and mechanical AWD system, and despite the host of creature comforts and the powerful 5.1 V8 it averaged 22 MPG and was overall very refined to drive.

#3 from koolkei the Komodo Viton EX: i was put off by only seeing a 4 star crash rating (57) and almost walked away right there, but the dealer caught me as I was about to turn around and started telling me the rest of the features, seating for 7, the reliability and utility that only a full body on frame SUV can provide, Iā€™ll admit I was intrigued. He talked me into a test drive, and while it was not as comfortable as some I had rode in it drove very easily and was able to soak up rough roads and the on lot off road test hill with easy, the electronic differential automatically directing power, the ladder frame design might be getting pretty long in the tooth in this day and age but this package managed to made the point that sometimes the old school still has what it takes.

#2 from Urbanliner the Daiki Sedai Carrier 4.2: this one was such a odd ball you couldnā€™t help but love it, like a Pug, or a Shetland pony it was a over sized Toyota Bb style double box van that some madman stuffed a 4.3 liter V12 into, and sold to the public, that body shape made it score quite high in utility and the awd, V12, and active suspension combined for a smooth,comfortable, and practical driving experience. the automatic gear box only had 4 speeds but with over 300nm of torque from idle all the way to 6400rpms that wasnā€™t really a issue, the economy did suffer a bit struggling to surpass 20 MPG combined, a stat the way too sporty active rear wing wasnā€™t helping. This manages to be a amazingly fun and quirky car under then skin of a practical family crossover.

and the winner from 8bs the Aventure XR 4x4 iā€™m honestly astonished by this one, it managed to get all the relevant states over 50 along with the second highest practicality score, it seats 6, returns 23.8MPG, and itā€™s under budget at only $31,570. Itā€™s perfect for the growing family looking to buy a premium family vehicle. The ride is soft and refunded thanks to a active suspension the 5 speed automatic is nicely matched the the small 3.6 liter V8 it is only rear wheel drive but it has good driving poise and combined with the electronic aids and manual locking diff it should be more than up for the challenge of year round driving.

1 Like

Congrats to 8lb.

Lol. Missclicked i guess.

Congrats to 8lb on taking home the silverware! :smiley: :sunglasses: :laughing:

I was trying to ā€œreplicateā€ the NP Mitsubishi Pajero; itā€™s a relatively common urbanite upgrade for those who donā€™t want a seperate frame offroader and have a bunch of kids! :smiley:

Maybe I should have put an automatic gearbox in it, :laughing:

Good competition! Iā€™m cool with 4th on that!

I see nialloftara really puts a lot of priority on braking performance, which is likely important in a family car.

I really like these challenges, as there is a lot more to them than just making an xyz car. Itā€™s kind of like ā€˜Carsā€™ Against Humanity, please excuse the pun.

Looking forward to the next one, gratz 8lb!

The brakes on the cars i mentioned did not surpass the tireā€™s traction, one was not even close. Increasing the size or the pad aggression netted significant 2-5 point gains in drivability and utility with only a .1 or .2 hit to comfort.

Ok! 8lb has 24 hours to acknowledge being the new round master, else itā€™ll go to Urbanliner, and after that koolkei.

wow. 3rd place? O_O
didnā€™t see that coming. how did i managed to score that high?

also that ladder frame was a swing and a miss. i already know that safety is gonna be my achilles heel
yeah i lost around 14-16 safety, but i gained about 30 utility scores, and it was only about 50-80kg heavier, which is negligible in a CUV.

anyway. congrats to 8lb for that excellent piece of art :slight_smile: it also look pretty good

(points for anyone that can guess it, but my car is externally a sad replica of a 90s japanese car)

failed tries:

• @thecarlover: land cruiser
    clue: itā€™s much smaller irl, but similiar shape
  • @highoctanelove: isuzu trooper (looks really similiar to isuzu panther here)
    big giveaway clue: someone made a rally version of it and it got into the Gran Turismo games, as one of the most OP car in Gran Turismo

Congrats to the top 5 and to 8bs! I was so close this time :laughing:

@koolkei, is it a Land Cruiser?

I guess the Storm Meteor sucked so much it didnā€™t get a review. Fair enough.

Koolkei, Iā€™m pretty sure your car was based off of an Izuzu Trooper (Holden Jackaroo here in Aus)

lol you were channeling a Suzuki Escudo??? I guess I did really think it was larger than it was.

The Escudo Pikes Peak edition as driven by Nobuhiro ā€˜Monsterā€™ Tajima will always hold a special place in my heart.

30 utility from ladder frame?.. Dā€™oh facepalm
Well congratulations 8lb!
And I wouldā€™ve sworn that yours is a Land Cruiser, koolkei.

Thanks guys!! Great competition!

Thanks Niall for the reviews!

Ok, my turn, hope itā€™s not too difficult:

The year is 2010 and iā€™m looking for a small, compact car for cruising from home-school-work. I live on a big town with lots of traffic and very difficult parking. Normally i drive alone, but sometimes i need to carry one friend or another to go drink or party at night! I donā€™t care much about practicality and utility, just the enough to carry one bag, and one more person. Although itā€™s fine with me to have more than 2 seats, since the car stays small.

So, the car has to be small, economical, reliable, with a hint of confort and safety.

It may use regular or premium fuel.

Iā€™m looking for a 2010 trim, but i also accept an older trim, between 2008 and 2010 (the model can be older, with no restriction year).

Also, and since itā€™s the only one i will have, it has to be fun to drive, kinda sporty-special trim stylish thing, so that i can impress my friends and be the coolest guy :stuck_out_tongue:

I like it sport and classy, but not to much ā€œwanna-beā€ factor! Be sensible!

The max budget is 12.500**, although i could spend more if the car turns out to be really good.

(**thereā€™s no minimum profit, but it will be good if your company still survives in case of warranty)

Thatā€™s it! Any question, ask me here!

Deadline: saturday, 23:59 of 6 february, so that i can review on sunday.

12.500 with 0% ?

Its up to you! But iā€™m glad if your company makes some profit!

Congratulations, 8lb! I didnā€™t expect my car to be ranked that high, with its oddball-ness and whatnot.

Since I forgot to post my car (for the previous competition), here it is:

are you looking for new only are will some used cars intrigue you?

Iā€™ve updated the thread with more precise information!

automationgame.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=9081&start=180

Iā€™m looking for a 2010 trim, but i accept trims between 2008 and 2010, no model restriction.

It can use regular or premium fuel.

My God, around 12500 retail sure is a squeeze :laughing: Fun to try get as much car as possible in that budget though.

You put sporty kind of separate, so is it wrong to assume itā€™s more important to you to have a fun car rather than a properly comfortable one?