The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

#[color=red][alpha]FUCK![/alpha][/color]
#[color=red][alpha]FUCK![/alpha][/color]
The one challenge I could I enter I messed up by forgetting the submission date :sob:
fmkillmeidontwanttobeonthisforumanymore

2 Likes

PM me your car and Iā€™ll do you a ā€œwhat ifā€. Iā€™m currently doing one for Phale so, send it in!

3 Likes

Iā€™m not even at home! I canā€™t send anything in for another 3 hours :cry: youā€™ll just have to go on without me, thereā€™s always the next round

2 Likes

Wait a minute how did mine end up costing$18,900? In my game, itā€™s only $15,900 (0% markup)

Edit: Itā€™s been fixed now :stuck_out_tongue:

Congrats to @EnryGT5 for winning with an exceptional value for money and performance package.

Thanks to @HighOctaneLove for hosting this round.

@strop seems like the Aston body wasnā€™t the right choice in the end. I think I probably focused too much on economy too.

DAT SNIPE EDIT!

Damn good job @EnryGT5. A final base price of 14600ā€¦ I have but one question.

ā€¦how???

I know I put up the tech somewhat fierce in some places, but 14.6k is ridiculous! And to spank my car on the downhill, at thatā€¦ Iā€™m actually kind of embarrassed by that :sweat_smile: But in a way this was definitely Enryā€™s home turf, so not that embarrassed!

@ramthecowy poor pepe. First being appropriated by Trumpian nationalists, now this :joy:

@Rk38 Not even, I didnā€™t see you being dqā€™ed on grounds of overly long wheelbase! I really donā€™t know what Enry did to make the car that much cheaperā€¦ and I assume the total reliability was well up for it too, right?

Edit: I canā€™t help but feel a little savoury (not quite salty), because as you may be able to tell, I actually put in a lot of effort into this round but I was absolutely objectively and fairly beaten. But thatā€™s not why Iā€™m feeling savoury, itā€™s just that somehow, I have a pretty decent track record outside this thread but every time I make a serious tilt at the title on the thread I created, I never make better than 2nd or 3rd :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

Merely a typo, your car saved correctly!

Iā€™m looking forward to what the next round brings as well! :grin:

3 Likes

Congratulations to @EnryGT5 on a first win. What will he ask us to build in the next round? By the way, the 2000GT revival he submitted could not have looked better or had a more appropriate name. It may even be developed further into something more extreme according to company lore.

And @ramthecowy please make sure to check the submission deadline next time, and also try to find out what that equates to in your time zone. This also applies to other users, including myself.

1 Like

God I am so disappointed in myselfā€¦

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

also the top 3 times pretty much OP, no more room for the NA i guess

Tis the sad reality on the metrics.

I for one welcome our new forced induction overlords.

1 Like

Good old Toyota, going with the lowest bidder :stuck_out_tongue: But seriously, thatā€™s some pretty impressive work @EnryGT5! Youā€™ve got me curious what the stats for the 2000GT areā€¦

2 Likes

yeah, Iā€™m so curious now! POST POST POST! :smile:

2 Likes

Well, I hope @EnryGT5 might offer some insight into his winning entry. I probably used too many slider points on that engine.

Speaking of which @phale I still wanna see what you did with that other idea you had.

and after i said ā€œjust submit a day earlyā€ :stuck_out_tongue:

oh man rub it in why donā€™t you :joy:

Deadline was 10/22, so I thought ā€œOK, Iā€™ll just submit on 10/21 then, thatā€™s a day earlyā€ lol nope :laughing:

Bonus round - What might have beenā€¦

Phale missed the boat, but not by much and since Iā€™m in a reviewing mood here goes nothing!

Minerva by @phale: 4:34.58

Thank God this didnā€™t arrive on time or else my job would have been infinitely harder. Fastest legit car down the mountain pass and it isnā€™t expensive either. The car looks great, does 0-100 in 5.2 sec and uses fuel at 5.7L/100Km.

The price? $16300 each!

So, where would it have placed? Iā€™d have had to award equal ranking with Rk38 because his car was cheaper and better on fuel, despite being slowerā€¦

Why no higher? Because of sports tyres and active suspension. These would, in RL, increase the cost of living for a Minerva owner over the top two cars as well as make it harder to be tuned by the aftermarket.

So, joint third isnā€™t too bad, is it phale? :wink:

5 Likes

The front fascia actually looks like what would have happened if Mazda went full ham on Nagare design language!

Fastest on the track you say? I like the sound of that :smiley:

By the way, looks like youā€™re missing this lip from the workshop. I recommend it a lot, itā€™s quite versatile as you can see from my original fascia :slight_smile: