The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Then why did you claim it was a legit question???

the question was, is there a minimum limit? which is pretty legit

but i made the assumption that he was going to make something small if he needs to ask that. thus making me say that it’s a bad idea. which is the bad on my part. not the question itself…

added: just because we don’t need the answer, it may actually matter for someone else (for some reason??)

Vanguard are back at it again with their 2003 Metro, styled to look like the original 1966 Metro but with the addition of curved head and tail lights for an excentuated retro theme. As our poster car for our Mk. VII Metro is in Marble Cream, we must point out that our Approved Used Metro VIIs also come in Carmillia Blue, Starling Grey, Galaxy Black and Tropical Sunset. This particular model is the IR16 model with a 151bhp 1.6l NA with Valvetronics and Vast valve systems (basically VVL and VVT-I) i4, most of our Approved used Metro VIIs come with this spec. We hope to do business with your later on for all of your motoring needs.

3 Likes

I see what you’re saying. This is another example of differences in our interpretation of the nature of the challenge as a whole. I know I stated that all questions should be asked, from a “well I didn’t know you wanted it this/that way!!!” point of view. But when the rules seem clear enough and the other values objectively prevent you from going too small unless you really want to go out of your way, it should be indicative enough.

That is to say, we should accept a certain degree of inherent subjectivity in this challenge, trying to read the mind of the customer. We can’t reasonably expect to hold the host accountable for every single little bit of their tastes, otherwise this challenge would be better called ‘the custom car building brief’ or some shit :joy:

4 Likes

Guys, could you all PM me a screenshot of your entries’ stats and market tab?
Just to be sure there are no issues.

touche

2 Likes

At the end of second millennia, the crowd was screaming “We want to drive in a BOX… We want to drive in a BOX!!!”. Catchy isn’t it? :wink:
So here it is… Smooth Vox-S

Yes, yes it’s not your ordinary box… because it’s got a sporty V6, sweet suspension tune (not hard! sweet and grippy), low profile tyres and 0-100kph time of less than 8sec!

Ouyeah smooth box is back for new csr round :wink:

2 Likes

by god you do love your boxes don’t you :joy:

There is just something so amusing in making something that should not exist :smiley: I mean come on V6 mini box hahaha I love it

5 Likes

V6 in a box rhymes with the title of this song

Coincidence? I think not :joy:

1 Like

I’m going to submit an actual entry this time, and it won’t be forgotten about!

…Okay, that’s it. xD

3 Likes

First Order Automotive would like to present you with our 2000 Stryder LXi.

This is the baby model, of the Stryder line, with a 1.6 i4 NA engine producing 95(ish)hp.

The car retailed at 12,720, when purchased new. This actual car has been checked out by First Automotive Engineering and we will provide a full 12 month, unlimited mileage, warranty. This car can be yours for 7,130.

All parts are official FOA Stryder parts, no after-market gadgets on this baby.

Thanks for your interest.

7 Likes

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/63423067/FlyingFish.png

####EDIT
Blue Marlin Fylingfish.
It drives nicely.

9 Likes

Damn it, Andrea. Circles were my theme.

Care to share a bit about it?

I’ll edit the OP

now thats just adorable

2 Likes

Welcome to Canada Motors! We have a certified used car just for you…

The 2000 Canada Motors Erie EL!

It is a budget four-seat shooting brakes that originally retailed for 12,960 but it’s now worth 7,266, so be assured that it is well within your budget. As you probably already know, most Canada Motors vehicles are either 4x4 or AWD, with this one being AWD, so it will get you around in all weather conditions and even off paved roads, should the need arise. You will find that for such a cheap car there is a surprising amount of above-average parts, especially in the engine.

Opening the hood here, you can see a longitudinal I4. It’s a 2.0L 16 valve OHC engine with VVT that produces 117 hp and 171 Nm. With the 6-speed manual transmission, the Erie will go from 0 to 100 in 9.8 seconds and to a top speed of 204 km/h. We don’t recommend you try that last one on anything other than a race track. Oh, almost forgot, it also achieves 7.3L/100 km, so it won’t be too hard on your budget in the long run.

Let’s take a look inside before going for that test drive… As you can see, everything is pretty standard in here, safety features are of good quality, and you’ve got a stock CD player. The shooting brake style doesn’t give all that much cargo space in this configuration, but the 50/50 split rear seat folds down to double the cargo volume when needed.

Now, how about that test drive? We can talk sales after.

7 Likes

Damn it Andrea, I was hoping nobody else would use that body :joy:

Matteo Miglia will fight you!! :triumph:

2 Likes

As I said, I made a 3-cylinder, 1.2, transverse engined car. And here it is.

Presenting the 2002 Ikkonagashi 1170S.

6.4 l/100km, under 8 seconds to 100, 900 kg. And best of all, it’s not a FWD ecobox. All for $11,700 new.

8 Likes

i’m just wondering about the practicality of that, or are you praying that exhaust note will be persuasive enough?