The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

I second that. But I have got the economy down to a good level but I need to lower the production units. Edit: all complete just finalizing the colour.

1 Like

One more thing, this time it’s nothing major, but for my organization sake. Please name your cars and engine families as CSR33 - username.

4 Likes

holy shit, I’ve just created a premium highway cruiser. As opposed to a sporty driver’s car.

What is wrong with me???

@Leonardo9613 I see that you are counting fuel costs. Are you also counting the service costs as seen in the engine tab? Reason I ask is that I have two options here: NA vs turbo. NA is obviously cheaper to service but more expensive to run… but the cheaper service costs far outweigh the extra fuel it’ll use.

oh damn, your build is very close to mine :laughing:

I know right, I started out by trying to figure out how to keep the costs reasonable, and managed to squeeze this out (just). But is yours turbo? With a great fuel economy like that… I hope so :joy:

It’s N/A :smile:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu heavier AND more economical than mine. Maybe we’re using a different body?

I think that may be the case, but mine has also changed significantly since the last time

2 Likes

You’re using standard seats standard CD aren’t you :wink:

Indeed I am :blush:

Hm. I must change bodies. You have shown me as much!

Hmm. Now I’m starting to think that “the boss” would not be happy if his employee had my car :smile:

1 Like

Woo! Glad to see you’re in this round, your car is looking seriously good so far…

Here’s what Erin’s bringing to the table.

The 1999 Erin Tauga! No, wait, hang on…

The 1998 Erin Tauga PPC - Pre-Proudction Concept!
Having got wind of the poor Milton Keynes office worker’s strife in looking for a new car (only 80 miles down the M1 from the main Erin Factory), a sub-team in R&D working on the Tauga Project suggested that the company should send down one of the test vehicles to see how it ranks up against its rivals.

It’s a perfect opportunity: testing it against the cars it’ll be competing against once it goes on sale in a year’s time and seeing how its target market likes the car. The feedback from this will be of untold value!

The defining characteristic of the Tauga is its low weight, which is a real benefit for handling and performance. This will undoubtedly be one of the most exciting cars in your test - it drives brilliantly.

Specifically, this is a mid-range Lex 2.2 trim (or at least the mock-up of one), with a Millenial 2.2l i6 under the bonnet. It’s efficient, well specced and well priced.

We’ve also included a brochure from a recent car show we attended where this car was on display, take a look below…

With any luck, the new Tauga will meet your expectations of sensible design and interesting character.

Good luck to everyone entering this round, I think it’s gonna be a good’n!

15 Likes

I’ll only look into finer detail such as that in case the cars are very close and I need to split hairs.

Yet another CSR car from Griffa, I think I’ll use this no-lore brand for challenges :smile:

Griffa’s executive sedan, the new 1998 Sirion! What does it offer?

• 3.3 litre turbocharged, exceptionally smooth, efficient and powerful inline 6
  • all the latest innovations for aiding the driver
  • great performance with easy handling
  • prestigious 18" alloy rims
  • truly premium interior
  • fancy, magical stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

Slight off-topic - download of my previous round car, if anyone is interested ( @phale you wanted to see the stats of the winning oneS - I guess 4th place counts? ;)): szafirowy01 - CSR32 - szafirowy01.zip (24.4 KB)

10 Likes

Presenting the 1998 Petoskey Keeweenaw Signature Edition:

A superb replacement for the aging Strider, the Keeweenaw is Petoskey’s latest entry level offering. Using a brand new 115 cubic inch DOHC inline 4, the Keweenaw stays at the forefront of fuel efficiency while having just enough pep to get you where you’re going. Standard with all Petoskey models is the Petoskey DRIVESAFE package which includes ABS and Traction Control. But with how easily you’ll be able to handle this car, you need hardly concern yourself as the Keeweenaw is extremely forgiving on the road. For the young executive we offer the SE variant: The Signature Edition boasts a far more comfortable interior than what would initially be assumed. A top of the line ArbyTronics TX-80 stereo system completes the package. Come on down and test drive a Keeweenaw today.

6 Likes

Our builds are very similar and I’m 99% sure we are using the same body as well.

yo dawg i heard you need a nice and sensible car. so we came up with this

some specs about it
chassis: high tech ladder
suspension: double wishbone front, rear is solid axle
drivetrain: FF- front engine front wheel drive

engine: 1.2 liter (80x80) inline 3 cylinder pushrod 6v with fuel injection
power: around 55 hp

4 Likes

Minerva Motors would like to present the 1998 Minerva Midnight.

We understand, you’ve got the promotion, you want the great car, but your budget won’t let you have the expensive German sedans you crave. At the same time, you’re tired of driving your cheap Japanese compact, and you’re looking for a nice upgrade.

We’re an American company, but we understand style. We also understand that driving is meant to be a pleasant experience, and that’s why we’ve given you exactly what you deserve.

Under the hood is a nice 3.6 liter V6 engine, with dual-overhead cams. Why this engine? It’s a nice powerful V6, with enough get-up-and-go to manage any overtake you demand of it, while at the same time sipping fuel so you’re not being burned at the pump.

To make the car easy to drive, we chose to power the front wheels. But unlike those cheap and awful Japanese cars, we didn’t turn the engine sideways to do it. This means, when you bring the car in for routine maintenance, your mechanic won’t charge you a fortune for changing the spark plugs. This is how it was done in America in the 60’s and 70’s, and it’s still perfect for today.

We believe a bit of chrome offsets an otherwise boring sedan and makes it something everyone would want, and the Midnight is no exception to that rule. We’ve kept it simple, because we know how it is when you get the new car in the parking lot. Be the envy of your coworkers, not your boss, after all. Which is why we complimented our tasteful application of chrome with the Moonlit Sky Blue paint color. A deep, rich blue that will undoubtedly draw attention your way, while still being understated enough to avoid being obnoxious.

As mentioned previously, driving is meant to be pleasant. Which is why we’ve equipped the Midnight with our latest and greatest 5 speed automatic, because you deserve a car that does all the hard work for you. Your life is filled with hard work, and driving should not be a chore. To let the sun in on demand, we’ve fitted a sunroof to the Midnight, and for those long drives, we’ve equipped a nice CD player. You also have power steering, ABS, Traction Control, and Stability Assistance. Sure, the car can’t drive itself, but it’ll make driving easier. And if you ever do get in an accident, rest assured, because we’ve equipped the car with a reasonable amount of safety equipment and built the car out of the finest American steel.

As for fuel efficiency, you’ve likely heard everyone believes automatics to be inefficient and that they get poor mileage. Well, they’re wrong. You’ll get 30 MPG, and that’s US gallons, not UK gallons.

How much does it cost? $18,330.

Minerva Motors - The Wise Choice.

9 Likes

You’ve done the exact same body as me, with almost the exact same color and with a black grille with chrome contours and the chrome fog lights :sweat_smile:
At least now I’m sure this is a good design.

2 Likes