The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

Featuring double wishbone suspension at each corner and a 5.7-liter port-injected overhead-valve V8, the Arrowhead combines value, performance, and handling in a highly attractive package.

9 Likes

Deliverators rejoice! the Panther has been unleashed.

5.7 liters of electronic multipoint fuel injected power are yours at the turn of a key, It can do it all and more, in spades! prices start at $19,500 reserve yours today.

The Centauri Panther 5700Zi, the future is now.

8 Likes

anyone else has this body in 1987

2 Likes

Yeah i used it while ago for a 1986 car

Yes, thecarlover’s pony car has become vanilla and that one unlocks in 1985 for some reason. The mod body is a duplicate that unlocks much later.

3 Likes

Oh look, it’s the Erin Scarlet!
In top of the range, 164 mph X 3.8 trim spec!
It’s yours for $23,790!

And have two songs to go with it, this one or this one, neither of which was even out in 1987 but they’re both so brilliant that I feel they need to be included.
And for even more stuff, here’s an excellent remix of the latter song!

17 Likes

heheh, was thinking of using the name Panther as well, but decided against it, conveniently enough.

Introducing the 226L. the road legal version of our 1987 DTM racing car. MSRP: $23000

7 Likes

17 Likes

An excerpt from a Mountain Pass retrospective on my entry, the 1987 Bogliq Slyde Turbo.

First introduced in 1978, the Slyde Turbo has always been the heavy hitter in the Slyde range. This was no different in 1987 when, to counter newer arrivals, the Slyde was updated with a big block 2.6L four cylinder and fuel injection across the range.

'87 Slyde Turbo in rare white paint scheme

The Turbo model maintained the Garret turbo from the previous years but added a watercooler to boost reliability and power, with a “Boglex” mechanically controlled quad throttle body fuel injection system providing superior response. This resulted in a sub seven second dash to 100Km/h and the car could comfortably best the 200Km/h barrier. Handling was good as well, with double wishbone suspension all 'round and super fancy for '87 adaptive dampers.

The interior was well appointed for the time with a top shelf CZ-Audio tape deck and full leather seats. The steering wheel and gear-knob and trim accents were made from acacia wood, giving the cabin a warm, yet sporty, feel. This meant that the Turbo was a capable cruiser as well as a sportscar and the fuel economy wasn’t too bad either; if you stay off boost that is!

The Bogliq Slyde had seating for four and a liftback rear end design

The MY87 Mark III Slyde was the last major change as an all new model was introduced in 1990 so, if you want the quintessential 80’s Bogliq experience, then you’ll be best served looking out for a Mk III Bogliq Slyde Turbo!

MY87 Bogliq Slyde Turbo Series III

Price when new: $19,990 AU’s

Price now: $1,999 - $4,599 AU’s

Pro’s: Very fast in a straight line, stylish looks, comfy interior if it’s looked after

Con’s: Thirsty by 2017’s standards, Eastern European stereo hard to source parts for, most Turbo’s have been poorly tuned and/or thrashed!

Buy better, buy Bogliq

11 Likes

@titleguy1 Dude. Like seriously. That’s incredible. Holy hell, that’s good.

@HighOctaneLove Wow the Slyde looks good from the front. Bet the noise it makes is brilliant too!

1 Like

mmmmmmh I had no idea what I was going to do for this round. Actually I was having quite the hiatus from Automation.

But now I have 2 cars, with a similar focus but very different feel.

So, do I sell the Armada FR coupe with the turbo, or do I sell the Matteo Miglia MR coupe with the NA V8?

4 Likes

I love this idea. I’ve found the perfect body, I’m fiddling with the engine to find the best compromise.

It will be a BMMA Salmon GT-Sprint

1 Like

1987 Versal Etesia GTS

3.0 litres of V6 multipoint injected power projects you forward into 1988 at over 140mph!
_~_4 Leather Seats
_~_5 Speed Manual
_~_Glass Sunshine Roof
_~_15" Alloy Wheels
_~_Power Steering and ABS come as standard

All yours for £18330

10 Likes

14 Likes

JHW Jetstream Turbo

Let The Car Do the Talking

$18980 MSRP

8 Likes

#Take a walk on the Fire Side…

#The Antonidas Scorcher, $17,000 of fun.

You know you want to.

12 Likes

###Introducing the all new 1987 Shromet Interval 340GT.

###Simply Awesome.
Perhaps it’s the 3.4 Liter Rear mounted Inline 6. Perhaps it’s the advanced Thermoset Polymer construction. Whatever the reason, people can’t stop driving the advanced Shromet Interval 340GT. The only reason to slow down in this impressive handling sports car is to show off it’s sleek looks. Or Maybe to relax in it’s luxurious interior. You can do whatever you want when you own a car as advanced as this. The ultimate personal luxury car, from Shromet.

####Shromet. Always Looking Forward.
######msrp: 20800$. Contact your local Shromet dealership for exclusive offers on the 1987 Shromet Interval 340GT.

12 Likes

http://imgur.com/8rBVMXP

Sometimes what you really need is a true car of the future. We, at Sinistra Motors, have a strong suspicion that even if you don’t prefer this right now, everyone will in a few years.

So, we’ve released it a bit early to undercut our future competition with a premium SUV.

At $18,070, it is competitively priced, or so we hope. And there’s nothing quite like it on the roads today.

Enjoy the true car of the future.

(Yes, I did pull out all the stops for this.)

10 Likes

I know it’s not Storm, but did Luke cheat gain foresight by using the time machine again :joy:

4 Likes