The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

I’m going through the entries so far, and have to say it’s been a smashing success with regards to the degrees of freedom offered. There’s something from all parts of the spectrum from modern to older, budget, utility, sport, or luxury.

One thing I notice: most people are using much lower profile wheels than would commonly be used in real life. This is not really an issue in the world of the game, but the average tyre profile is somewhere between 35-45, which is normally reserved for serious sports cars and douchebags wannabe ricers who don’t know anything about actual driving. Modern civilian cars with decent road manners usually have tyre profiles of at least 55-65 if not more.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Hey mate, I found the original brochure for the 2012 Jaktplan I am selling. Take a look at it if you are interested in the factory specs. Since its only a few years old and was well taken car of, it should still match up to the factory specs pretty well.

(Here was my original inspiration, had to take some liberties with the design since we seem to lack a Ford Falcon body)
http://img14.deviantart.net/fca7/i/2015/127/b/2/ford_falcon_xb_v8_interceptor_mfp_508_mad_max_by_pollitoconpapas01-d8sjy2f.jpg

8 Likes

There is some slightly used but take care of with love…

Smooth motors with great restomod legacy used all the proven and accesible parts and put them into classic shape of ute.
When new => MSRP $17700 (@0%)

6 Likes

Jaktplan (swedish for interceptor :wink: ) Are you by any chance swedish?

1 Like

I am not Swedish, but my fictional car company Ankomst Automotive is!

@AirJordan, that body is actually kinda close to the interceptor / interceptor special I was going for. I think I tried it though and it had horrible aero? O well, happy with what I ended up with.

Yes, yes… the aero is worse than a brick (maybe it’s got a fan strapped on the hood blowing in different direction or something) and it brings some heavy cons (horrible consumption figures despite good eco engine and bad top speed) but the character of the vehicle is I hope more important in this case.

1 Like

Note: this round shuts in approximately 12 hours. I have to be out and about for now but when I get back I’ll verify all the entries in my inbox. When entries shut I will always ensure the entry is working properly and if not offer a revision.

Good thing I actually have a 4 day weekend, it’ll give me time to write the ensuing shopping process!

p.s. nobody has indicated that they will not be available to host a round as yet. If you can’t do the next round, now is the time to let me know!

3 Likes

It’s about 34 hours until 11:59 pm AEST 15/4/17…

I won’t be able to host the next round… would be too much work I fear :frowning:

Argh, I forgot the due date. Make that 33 hours :joy:

5 Likes

I will not be able to host the next round due to being away on a break and will not be able to start the round for a while.

I really doubt I’ll have the time to run a round next week.

I will have enough time to host the next round if I get the chance.

For Sale: 2017 Letto Motors Utilita, 2.8L I3 DOHC, Dyno shows 169HP@5800RPM of the 6500RPM Redline, Track Tested at a Airfield with a Time of 1:39.46. Fresh coat of Pink Paint. Asking $16800.

PS: As for Hosting a Round if I were to win, or Run Up (Doubting either will happen), I’d Have time & Could likely come up with some Rules, But I’m Not very good at creative Writing for Reviews & I’m Iffy about Judging, but I’ll try anything once if it comes to it.

4 Likes

Thinking on it, yeah, not gonna be able to host if it came to that. Already got my hands full with one challenge, don’t need to throw the CSR on top of that. I probably could, but not going to risk it.

I’m sure you’ve already seen plenty of same-looking utes being sold by other companies. Let me introduce you to something completely different: Adenine Australia’s BandicUte RS. Equal parts Fiesta ST and Commodore Ute, the BandicUte RS offers a unheard-of combination of utility and driving pleasure at an unbeatable price.

Based on the subcompact Bandicoot chassis, the BandicUte RS shares the standard BandicUte’s surprisingly usable cargo space. A clever pass-through gate on the rear of the cab allows long items, such as ladders or surfboards, to be stored in the short bed. Its strut and solid axle suspension means that you’ll be able to haul everything you can fit in the bed.

But the BandicUte RS isn’t your average subcompact pickup. It’s fitted with a turbocharged 2.4L inline-4 producing 286hp. It also features grippier tires, wider haunches, and a sport-tuned suspension with semi-active sway bars. Combined with the lightweight chassis and standard all-wheel drive, the BandicUte RS can go 0-62 in just 4.8 seconds and corner at over 1.0g - both figures matching the Ford Focus RS.

But here’s the real kicker: A 2012 BandicUte RS can be purchased for just $11,500! With its excellent fuel economy and low service costs, we estimate that the total cost of ownership for 10 years will come in at under $60,000. You simply can’t match that amazing value anywhere else. And certainly not while getting performance at the level of a Focus RS! Schedule a test drive at your local Adenine Australia dealership today!

Special thanks to @thecarlover for making this crazy thing possible!

8 Likes

I am always surprised at good people can make things. I tried building a turbo i4 for this challenge and could barely get 250hp from it without reliability going to almost 50… and your car has 76! Good job on the BandicUTE specs and that crazy low price, the name is great too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Let’s just say, forged internals are great and a must if you want to go far beyond 6k rpm or 400Nm in a modern engine :smiley:

2 Likes

Dammit, @phale! You totaly got my idea!
Same car, same engine idea and same advertising intro. :angry:

But it doesn’t matter, since I’m travelling, forgot the pendrive where the car was saved and will only get home Monday (by the AEST time zone). :cry:

1 Like