The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

well. since there is also the injection only limit, it limits the age to something from the 70s anyway.

but if you want it to be more competitive, it would be something from the 1990 and up, with advanced safety.

“Well, I’ve heard you’re looking for a track day car, huh? Well, I have this:”

…
That’s… not what you wanted.
“I see the unimpressed look in your eyes. I know what you are thinking. 'Dude, it’s just a ‘92 Cossack crapbox! I want something at least semicompetent on the track!’ I’ll let you know, however, she’s a completely,” I show the sale figures, showing 780k of those were sold, “unique beast. You see, she’s not just a '92 Cossack 1600. She may look like one, she may even sound like one, but she’s not.” I pop the bonnet open.

“You do see it, don’t you? The engine does not come from a '92 Cossack. It does not even power the front wheels, like the ones on the '92 Cossack. This baby is the ultimate sleeper, and the only thing she shares with the '92 Cossack are the body panels”

“I built her back in '16. I’ve got the engine from a newer generation Cossack 1600, brand new back then. Then, I proceeded to tune the engine to its limits. Now, she’s got individual throttle bodies with direct injection, long steel exhaust headers, forged internals, and it still boasts about 16 valves, as if most engines did not have that already in 2016. I find that so cheesy it’s awesome. By the way, it has more horsepower than tens of cc of displacement. Not to mention the perfect throttle response. It’s built to be fun to drive.”

“All that power is transmitted to the rear wheels through a 6-speed manual transmission, and a Torsen diff from a GT86. As you have noticed, the chassis does not come from a '92 Cossack either. It’s a custom built spaceframe, with double withbones on both the front and rear wheels. I find that to be quite an improvement compared to the suspension the original had. Of course, the wheels are just wide enough to handle that power and provide trackday grade cornering. I see the worry in your eyes. What is it? Aerodynamics? Sure, the ultimate sleeper appearance does sacrifice the downforce a bit, which is why it’s the underbody that provides all the highspeed stability.”

"The brakes also should be enough. They provide near-perfect braking balance, and are equipped with ABS. The brake fade is not an issue either. "

“The interior is what’d you expect from a car like this. Mostly stripped, with 2 race seats. You don’t need more than that. What might surprise you, is this.” I point at the radio, with the USB stick sticking out of the port “I do not know about you, but I could not just store the car on the track, or transpotrt it in the comfort of a truck. I actually had to drive it to the track, and this helped me on the long distance cruises. Besides, I believe that proper racing soundtrack is not just the engine, but the engine mixed with the music. Might be placebo or something, but Iron Maiden improves my times. What also made the cruises comfortable was the fuel economy. 32 mpg is not the best, but it’s very good for what it is. Besides, it’s the regular, 95 petrol, and none of the racing fuels. The reliability is not something you’d expect out of a race machine either. You can depend on her as much as you can on a modern car. Same goes for loudness and emissions. I do not car, and you probably do not either, but the authorities do. She’s totally road legal, and the tax is quite low actually.”

“What’s your budget again? 19k? Look, with that money, you can buy two of these. And yes, you can buy two of these. I’ve built a second one, in case something bad happened to the first one, you know the other drivers after all, or in case I wanted the closest race ever with my friends. You’ll still have a bit over 750 pounds left to buy something nice for yourself. Or, you can spend £9114 and get just one. Either way, it’s a bargain. I’ll throw in my music USB stick into the deal as well. What do you say?”

3 Likes

Thanks for the first submissions guys, those reviews are done. Keep 'em coming!

1 Like

@DeusExMackia mmm, should we use the estimated price or are we allowed to mess with the factory setups?

@Sillyworld Stick to estimated price. I haven’t even got my head around the factory stuff anyway

I just made the most beatiful and interesting car I’ve ever desgined… but it was over the budget :cactus: Back to the designing board…

Ahh! Sorry about that. Keep the looks though!

We, at First Order Automotive, would like to present our latest offering.

The Spitting Cobra is an outstanding car for the money. And, unlike some of our competitors, you CAN drive it home and not get stuck at the first speed bump (which is as you leave the track!! :laughing:)

We believe that we have created an aggressive beauty with this model.

We’ve taken a 4L V8 powerhouse (443hp) and matched it to our manual AWD drive train. This gives top speed of 193mph and a 0-60 of 3.9.

With outstanding levels of drivability, sportiness, prestige and safety we think that you will be hard pressed to find something better for the money (or the looks!!)

Priced at ÂŁ18,480 new or ÂŁ18064 (slightly) used.

Alternatively you could buy 2 '92 Cossacks and get a free USB MP3 player. We didn’t have room to fit a radio…let alone an MP3 player. Or there is the V8 Tangowagon. :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, if you buy 2 Cossacks, you get 8 cylinders as well :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

While looking online at various sports cars and crazily modified hot hatches, your eye is caught by a bright blue thumbnail…

Could it be one of those Moldovan-based Bogliq offerings the undergroud street racing scene always raves about?

You click on the image and you find your viewscreen awash with the image of a 1991 Bogliq Maverick, but not just any Maverick, it’s the pursuit model!

Made famous in the Moldovan movie “Disappearing Edge”, the Maverick Pursuit packs a 427ci V8, 5 speed manual and “Detroit locker” into a package that can only be described as reactionary. Built for nostalgic thrills, the Pursuit, sheds almost everything unneeded for going forwards quickly and is a real thugs conveyance with only anti-lock brakes installed to appease the legislators…

The best bit? The owner, who has babied this beast since new, is selling the Maverick for 14,375 GBP, which is a handy bargain should you decide to upgrade the performance further!

Vital stats:
0-62mph 6.2 sec
160mph top speed
14.46 Q/mile
21.1 mpg

Buy better; buy Bogliq

8 Likes

Let’s just say I’m building a ridiculous muscle car with a 10.8l V8 and 220 mph top speed. Yes, it fits in the budget.

Awesome! :slight_smile::slight_smile::slight_smile:

I’m just glad I found a way to show off Partario’s excellent new car body… :sunglasses:

Woo! Greta to hear @nerd! Thanks for the submission too @HighOctaneLove.

By the way @TR8R, I haven’t received any PM with you car in it?

@DeusExMackia Yeah realised that after shutting down last night…I’m old, forgetful and have the attention span …Ooooh! Squirrel!!!

Erm…what were we talking about?

4 Likes

2 Likes

i think that’s the first time i see anyone advertising the electrical system of a car in this forum

###[color=brown]Komodo Sliver[/color]

at $19782 i know that it’s near the end of your budget. but that’s because YOU ARE LATE.
the time where it’s price going down has passed and it is now going up rapidly. this is a future classic you’re looking at.

the engine. an 2.4L inline 6 making 291HP it has the same specific output as a honda s2000. the same high revving capabilities, the same VVL/VVT technology, same lightweight formula.
the difference? it does it better!
we rev higher. up to 9000 RPM. ours are lighter, 40kgs lighter. everything the s2000 can do, these can do better

######yeah low quality gif is bad. but i can’t use photoshop. i had to make do

3 Likes

Looking for a track day car? How about the Revera XR? Not the 2020 XR as might know it: The Efficient Future - Make the Best of it Competition - #52 by asdren

I am referring to a time where true sports machines weren’t powered by four cylinder air compressors, what I am talking about is the 2011 Revera XR. To be precise, the '11 XR supersport.

The XR always was Revera’s entry mid engined sports car, but with the supersport in 2011 they turned everything about the regular XR from 9/10 to 11/10.

Lets start with the engine: Compared to the regular XR-S at the time, the 3.2 liter V6 was tuned from around 300hp to 380hp @ 8000rpm. Though numbers don’t tell the whole story. The engine is super responsive to throttle inputs and rewards every single rpm you climb towards the redline. The supersport also features a wider body, wider semi-slick tires, beefier brakes, and a huge spoiler at back of the car that generates over 200lb of pressure on the rear tires.

And still weights almost 200lb less then a “normal” XR-S. A true enthusiasts car. But the XR supersport still remains a refined Revera, thanks to the adaptive suspension and a decent cd-player, you can enjoy the XR supersport on the normal road almost as much as on the track where its home.

What sets the XR supersport really apart from its competition is the proven reliability on the street and around the track. Even though its currently 15 years old, there are no signs of corrosion thanks to the aluminium body and the AHS steel monocoque, and there have been reports of cars that have gone past the 100k mile mark with virtually no issues.

How much for a 2011 Revera XR supersport? You are looking at ÂŁ19959.

7 Likes

Wow! 8 entries all ready and the competition really is diverse. Thanks one and all, keep 'em coming!

1 Like

Looking for a competitive track car and trusty cruising car? Pragata Automotive may have a perfect car for you. Let us present our perfomance coupe line-up, the 2001 Pragata Puspa Koupe Turbo.

Depsite the long looking chassis the calm-looking Puspa isn’t something you can call it as ‘boat’ when you compared to other perfomance cars, Puspa able to reach 4.8 sec and can reach more than 170MPH while also able to pull 1.06G when cornering. even with that you still have Kenwood music system inside your car and able to bring your friends on back seat and you have the most rare feature from modern car, the electric pop-up headlight.

So how Puspa do that? Puspa is equiped with 2996cc 6V24DC-T V6 turbo engine that can produce 348HP with very early 301ft Torque and able to rev to 8200RPM. thanks to our Naga Injection Tech and Timor Timing System. Puspa still able to reach 25MPG depsite it has 3875.9lb weight. Dont need to worry about the car handling, Puspa is equiped with AWD drivetrain, Gear LSD, ABS, and TC which means dont need to worry to drive in high speed because you still have the control even on rain, snow, even off the road.

so what are you waiting for? the price is starting to rising and right now the market average value is ÂŁ20698, about ÂŁ1400 cheaper when Puspa hit the market.

1 Like

@asdren 218 competitiveness in light sport? Good god!