The Car Shopping Round (Round 64): Tears in Heaven

LOL, because im feeling confident with my entries :sunglasses:

to be honest im doubting he able to manage get luxury interior with another extra quality slider invested except he sacrificing something and that if he able to keep the avg reliability. in this challenge is hard to get performance, car stats, and reliability in same time

my real struggle is trying to get high comfort while avg reliability being quite headache and i dont want retune my engine again after i satisfied with the result, i even almost forget my sahur/breakfast. lap time isnā€™t really matter but round master gonna test it on track.

Haha nope, Iā€™ve got reliability to spare :wink:

Engine reliability is like 75.3 for the 1000bhp version (itā€™s not that strong on the boost, even modern hot hatches use way more these days). Iā€™d just have to dial back a bit on the sliders that boost my stats without changing track times, like suspension quality. I could even drop a point from chassis quality, thatā€™s a double-edged point with little net benefit.

But I donā€™t want to use luxury interior. Iā€™ll have to think very carefully about whether itā€™s something the customer wants.

thatā€™s what you said. until you actually ride a motorbike again. especially in a traffic jam. INFINITE SMUGNESS

my saloon is an all rounder. as he said. he wanted something that can be taken anywhere daily. and to pick up some ā€œVVIPā€

and again, while itā€™s not the fastest or the best, because itā€™s a 4 seats, you could be in the back seat doing inexplicit things without your driver noticing anything because the interior is just that good. (or maybe he just pretend to not notice it.)

*it is the body that i will be submitting, but iā€™ve changed the engine already
**56.2 utility supercar. could possibly be used as a supertowcar :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

mine probably because too much playing in the engine, valve setting doesnt change engine reliability score but somewhat can kill the avg reliability. not to mention how many quality slider that i increase left and right to anything because quality never hurt you

Agree with @koolkei , this is my daily driver:

5L/100km and unbeatable in city traffic :smiley:

Now @strop I think you should stay with this supercar theme, Iā€™ll manage this segment alone :wink:

my update was a no-go :frowning: , but at least now iā€™m the supercheap option, i suppose.

Oh man, I am more troubled on how to present my car, rather than on how i am going to design it. :smiley:

1 Like

ooohhh veryā€¦ whatā€™s the wordā€¦ ā€œmanlyā€? itā€™s really nice in a manly, rough, and tough look kind of way.

what kawasaki is it?

Iā€™m seeing a lot of ads for cars that have yet to be submitted, so be sure to send me the export via PM before this round closes.

Thoughts on other entrantsā€™ cars:

@strop is on the right track here. As he just stated, the second not-Lambo body is older than the not-12C body, which leads to reduced desirability, but can accommodate even larger engines. Like me, he spurned a luxury interior on reliability and cost grounds. At any rate a sports interior would be even less useful due to its low comfort levels.

@AirJordan made a very pretty car but itā€™s less powerful (and uses an older body) than mine.

@Puffster is the only one to attempt submitting an SUV so far, and for good reason. They are too heavy for my liking.

At any rate, with the settings I specified for my entry, I had reliability, environmental resistance, fuel economy, and cost to spare.

remeber: out and out performance isnā€™t everything. a pure track machine (kinda like yours) isnā€™t gonna fare too well in Edmonton in winter.

8 Likes

Itā€™s an '81 KZ 650 SR, veterans are insanely cheap to insure here. Itā€™s not finished by a long shot but nice everyday bike in the city

I counted 15 entrants so far, looks promising yet again.

@abg7, you do have some points, but the rules donā€™t give us weighting of scores and most importantly we donā€™t know which suits thecarlovers needs best. It might be possible that there is a ā€œtoo much powerā€ level as it affects the other scores also. Anyways, best of luck to all, I think this will be an interesting one :smiley:

How many of you are throwing around 900+ hp with 80+ engine reliability, just out of general curiosity?

no one so far but i can see someone will trying outpowered my engine.

however most hypercar class that i see mostly have turbo which basically ā€œgood luck on winterā€

mine is 700+ NA, so itā€™s pretty driveable, not the most driveable, but it does well

1 Like

@strop not sure why all the posts and a river of words (not sure thatā€™s legit but oh well) when we all know that if you will not dominate the hp list in this challenge, somethingā€™s fishy. So just do it.

heā€™s a cajolinā€™

1 Like

And a vacillatinā€™!

I appreciate that itā€™s not really in the spirit of the challenge to make a car after the hosts desires. In real world products exist for the buyer to choose more so than the other way around. @thecarlover has done well to resist my extensive probing and ideally I should just get on with it and submit something.

I agree that over doing the turbo boost will have a detrimental effect on drivability. I have a couple of ideas about certain things I must do that I would not normally do to address the unusual parts of the briefā€¦

@lordvader1 that isā€¦ interesting. Certainly a lot more developed now, but as for the fundamental concept Iā€™m just not sure :sweat_smile:

1 Like