The Crowd Sourcing Competition [Round 49]

thanks for the reminder, the woes of brute forcing the text at 3am were too much for me to even notice. it’s fixed now.

3 Likes

So, uh, just to be sure, is it okay for me to host next round? @Portalkat42

1 Like

Not unless the winner declines to host the next round, in which case you may take up hosting duties for CSC 45 instead.

Thanks Captain!

3 Likes

I thought i had already said something, but yeah you’re good to host since I’m currently hosting AGC and don’t relish the idea of hosting two rounds at once. Round 45 officially falls on maxbombe to host now.

2 Likes

The Crowd Sourcing Competition 45 : A Virtuous 1983

Detroit, 1979.

Since the end of the 70’s, Pusilanime has been facing a dire situation, the sales figure are hardly what they used to, and the company innovative and premium image is starting to crumble.

Their last models, such as the Polymorphous, one of the high runner of the brand, is already feeling like a big let down, and the last Virtuous is already starting to get old design wise.

One idea emmerged to save the company, downsize, downsize, downsize. Downsizing would mean being more able to compete, with lighter and more nimble cars, while keeping the “Susex” and “Grandeur” V8s as bases for motorization for production cost effectiveness. Now appears an opportunity to launch the new Pusilanime Virtuous, an opportunity to renew the brand’s flagship car.

As time is running short, they decided to outsource the design of the new model. That’s where you come into play.

Your company received the news, and quickly some of your managers suggested that it could be a good opportunity to make not only profit but also good publicity.

Specifications :

• Model and Trim must be set in 1983
  • Must be a coupe, or at least appear to be, modified sedans (or any kind of body) are accepted.
  • Fits a 5L V8 at the front, it’s more a guideline than a rule though, it means please have a large enough engine bay.
  • Around 2.6 meters wheelbase, or around 6.6 feet (meaning between 2.55 and 2.85 meters)
  • Must be a four seater, but the rear seats don’t have to be full seats.
  • Be modern, slightly futuristic even, you’re designing the top trim of the car. Although you’re free to interpret that however you want.
  • The car must be production-ready!
  • Please take your time to do a well-detailled design!*
  • Interior design is mandatory!*

Link to pusilanime badge mod: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PhJ3Ne3KxKp0pdWf2XvcX6211BsFDS6s/view?usp=sharing

Submission rules:

• Please submit your .car file to me on discourse only
  • Naming : Car and engine name : CSC45 - yourdiscoursename, Car trim and engine trim name : whatever
  • No resubmission
  • Make a forum post on this very thread
Some design ideas for modernity and futurism (just some vague ideas, you're still free to do something not looking like anything below)

Previous Pusilanime designs

1976 Pusilanime Polymorphous

1977 Pusilanime Virtuous

More at Your local Pusilanime dealership

*Why is an interior required? Because the winning car will get made into a Car Mechanic Simulator 2021 mod!

Explanations

As said above I will be making a cms21 mod out of the winning car of this challenge. You can see here what it means:

Before

After

Here shown is the 1974 Pusilanime Curvaceous CMS21 port.

For the body: I remake everything in 3D for the best possible reflections and model, meaning that you can go crazy with molding and stuff, even if the reflections look bad!
For the interior: I mostly take the interior as it is, but put cms21 seats and wheel, meaning that you don’t need to details the seats nor the wheel. You can use simple premade parts, as I’ll need to remove them afterward anyway.

Entries are now open! You have until October 20 (UTC+2) to submit your .car!

12 Likes

Just thought I’d mention, 5.0L V8 could be different sized depending on the bore/stroke, maybe included that, or even placeholder engine with a “please clone me” file name?

people will not clone it. no matter how idiot proof you think you’ve made it, the universe will invent a better idiot.

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 2.34.46 PM
Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 2.35.26 PM

2 Likes

I’ve updated the rules to precise the 5L rules. It’s not an actual hard rule, it’s more a general guideline, I want the car to have an engine bay large enough. It’s not precise.

1 Like

I take that to mean “the engine bay must be capable of accommodating a 5000cc 90-degree V8 (preferably mounted longitudinally, and certainly at the front) with any valve train or fuel system”.

Anyway, given the model and trim year requirements, must the engine also have a catalytic converter (preferably 3-way) and, in addition to that, require the use of 91 RON regular unleaded? Especially since by 1983, real-life US-market cars also had to adhere to those requirements.

Abg7, I think that it’s a similar case to the previous round’s engine fitment requirement, just a bit more generalized. The engine doesn’t actually have to be designed, only mocked up to a general size to makes sure there is ample room for whatever engine is actually going in there.

Thanks for letting me know. And given that the rear seats don’t need to be full-sized, I’m sure that entries with a 2+2 seating configuration will be accepted alongside true 4-seaters.

Entries are now open! You have until October 20, 10 PM (UTC+2) to submit your .car!

I’m in. What I would like to know if this is U.S. market or EU?
Are front plates required?

This is obviously for the American market. Front plate is optional.

1 Like

No ET limits or max price?

CSC is basically a styling competition, so lack of them isn’t really a problem.

2 Likes

ZSD Pusilanime Virtuous

16 Likes

Duquesne Design’s Pusilanime Virtuous

7 Likes

Max, about the wheelbase, is it rounded to 2.6m or anywhere from 2.55 to 2.85m? Seeing as the OP says both.