The Crowd Sourcing Competition [Round 49]

Dont want to be rude, but 10 days passed? @Reizei

If the host does not post results within 10 days of concluding entries without explanation, the round will be dropped.

I haven’t been reinforcing the rules quite like I should have, but If you don’t respond to the thread by February 4th the thread will move onto a new host.

1 Like

This thread? or another

Alright, I’ll hopefully post instabins today. Just so that’s something done.
I’ve been extremely busy lately, sorry for the inconvenience.

1 Like

I feel extremely bad for binning some of these but you know, rules are rules…

-- INSTABINS --

CSC 38 Judging: Part 0

@george_m997

REASON FOR BIN

Engine naming convention not followed.

@PixelGhostClyde

REASON FOR BIN

@Cerault_baguettes

REASON FOR BIN

@Be_gone_thot

REASON FOR BIN

Engine and model naming convention not followed.

@Alewyx

REASON FOR BIN

10 Likes

Ummm …it said the engine variant could’ve been named whatever I wanted.
Like I just genuinely don’t understand where I went wrong with the naming convention

The variant yes, but not the engine family. You named the engine family “Cerault i4” when it should’ve been named “CSC38 - Cerault_baguettes”

1 Like

Well I guess I misunderstood the format

Model/Family
Trim
Variant

Cheers.
Still I think it’s bit silly for something like that to be factor for disqualification. Not saying you make the rules or whatever.

I see how this can be a bit unclear, but this is a pretty much universal standard for the forum challenges - it helps the hosts easily clean their sandbox (both cars and engines lists) after the challenge, when they can just delete everything with the challenge name :slight_smile:

1 Like

hides in the fact that I don’t like to clear out my engines list
I just use a list that has my own engine names and sort the names when selecting

didnt get binned yet

ah, forgot to change it, nice…

I should’ve read the instructions more carefully.

Oh, well. Best of luck to all partecipants still in the race!

-- RESULTS --

CSC 38 - Part 1

June 2006, Bayonne (France)

It’s early morning, and Bayonne engineers arrive at their workstations. They boot up their computers, eager to see the renders of their new car.
As they finish up setting up the projector and perfecting the pictures, the Bayonne chairman walks in; “Alright, shall we begin?”
Shortly after, the Sakai designers arrived too. “Alright, let’s see what they’ve come up with”.

Bayonne executive: First off, the HakumaiDesign proposal.

@interior

Sakai Designer 1: That’s a car alright. Most of the design is well proportioned, albeit it would work far better for an MPV, as the cabin area is very big. It’s pretty consistent, but it’s also extremely bland at almost all angles, which is not at all what we’re looking for.

Sakai Designer 2: There are some flaws in the detail space too. The badging and spoiler are badly placed, the door handles are far too big, and there are way too many sensors on both the front and the rear of this proposal.

Bayonne CEO: I… think we’re gonna pass on that one.

Bayonne executive: Next up, the OME proposal.

@OME

Sakai Designer 1: ARGH! That front end kind of scared me… Even so, this car is extremely unique. Perhaps too unique - however, it could work extremely well for a concept car.

Sakai Designer 2: That rear end is actually pretty great, with the split window design! That being said, the side is deceptively empty.

Bayonne CEO: We could definitely try showing this off at the Paris Motor Show this year. It’s uniqueness is an extremely good aspect, it really catches the eye. As a production model though, this doesn’t make the cut.

Bayonne executive: Let’s move to Spander’s proposal.

@Maxbombe

Sakai Designer 1: This is a good looking design. The proportions and the attention to detail here are great, every angle looks cohesive and it all works very well.

Sakai Designer 2: It’s certainly quirky, but it doesn’t look out of place from the rest of the market – which fits our vision supremely.

Bayonne CEO: This is almost exactly what we’re looking for. We’re not done yet though, as we have a few more to go through before we deciding on which is the best proposal.

Bayonne executive: Alright. Let’s continue with Propeller’s proposal.

@Mikonp7

Sakai Designer 1: Well, this is interesting. The front end works well, and is quite original. Especially the usage of the bars in our logo – it really makes the car stand out. We might even use this design ourselves in the future, if given the chance.

Sakai Designer 2: There is one major setback with this one though, namely the rear. The molding doesn’t follow the rear bumper, and the taillights don’t wrap around, giving the car a compressed look which we feel negates the image we’re trying to achieve.

Bayonne CEO: Even with it’s setbacks, it’s pretty good overall. The front definitely works well. We could certainly take some elements from it.

Bayonne executive: Moving on, we have Quaglia’s proposal.

@HybridTronny

Sakai Designer 1: Wow, this is nice. The full width taillight on the back end is a definitely original design choice - it gives a simple, but very effective appearance.

Sakai Designer 2: Yeah, this is one of those designs that just work, you know? That being said, in some places it does feel kind of underwhelming - especially the headlights.

Bayonne CEO: It’s good and it works quite well, but that part about the headlights is true. It’s a good car though, and we could use that taillight design in other cars, too.

Bayonne executive: And finally, Franco Burro’s proposal.

@RAZR

Sakai Designer 1: An alright looking car. It works quite well and it’s consistent. The big problem with it is that the whole car looks squished - the entire front is placed very low. Plus, that extremely thick badge seems out of place.

Sakai Designer 2: It also has extremely sporty fenders for the market it’s targeting.

Bayonne CEO: It’s an okay design, but it leans too hard into the sporty, low-slung look.

Bayonne CEO: Alright, that’s it, we’re done going through all the designs! Let’s decide on which one will become the next Saturne.

RESULTS

After a lot of hectic discussion with the Sakai designers and Bayonne engineers, they have decided on which car will become the new 2006 Bayonne Saturne.

Results

Maxbombe wins CSC 38! Congratulations!

Of course, every car here will have some sort of influence on the final design, including the instabins.

1. @Maxbombe
2. @Mikonp7
2. @HybridTronny (tie)
3. @RAZR
4. @OME
5. @interior

Big thanks to @Secrane for help with the writing!

16 Likes

:crab: Pusilanime CSC :crab:

Oh sorry I had things to do and completely forgot about that… uh, if I haven’t come up with anything tomorrow, I’ll just let the other winner do the next one. If it’s okay.

5 Likes

Nice, i thought the sensors were just stuffs to cover bumper bolts etc

Okay so I have no idea, so I’ll just pass the challenge to the next person, I think it’s @Mikonp7 right?

1 Like

Lovely results. I hoped for worse on my end so I am happy. GG

Had an idea but i dont think it would work well soooo @HybridTronny