The Crowd Sourcing Competition [Round 49]

Definitely! Plus, usually +15 all around cars in beam tend to break lol. I’ve added a new rule of 400 being the maximum engineering time for both engine and car.

1 Like

mmmm can’t the engine be transverse please? :flushed: :point_right: :point_left:

It’s more of a lore thing really, Arion generally stick with longitudinal for their super & hypercars :eyes:

1 Like

I started a design on a body that would only fit a decent-sized engine transversely. It’s the one I tried to update to fix the longitudinal placement.

Also forgot to note, entires are now open! (and have been since about 6/7 hours ago lol)

As well, quick edit to now include the newly created Arion Shoebill 545TI '18 in the previous sports car section.

3 Likes

Now that I think about it, isn’t CSC usually design alone, and no engineering? @Aruna

1 Like

There is some, but it doesn’t seem to be as strong a focus because of the brand’s outlook on this future car.

Yeah that’s true. It is more about the styling really, and getting it right but also a slight bit of doing the right things engineering wise than like an I3, 4 seat saloon “Hypercar” for instance lol

2 Likes

Sounds Swedish :wink:

1 Like

Since I haven’t received any entries at all, and have seen quite a few people working on them in the Discord servers, should I extend till next week same time (15th @ 12pm noon) or not?

I’ll close the poll sometime this evening in roughly 5 hours or if we hit 10 votes either way.

• Extend the deadline
  • Don’t extend the deadline

0 voters

As the poll has hit 10 votes, I’ll go ahead and extend the competition for another week, hopefully this gives everyone enough time with the many competitions already going too, and whatever life throws at us :smile:.

That means the new deadline will be: 15th May 2021 @ 12PM GMT

10 Likes

Arion Monoceros

Spec -
Mid engined RWD 5.0L V10 producing 967 hp at 9000rpm, Redline 10000rpm

Just above 1300kgs the Zep- I mean Arion Monoceros does 0-60 in just 2.6s with a top speed of 253mph.
The Monoceros achieves a 1.51.16 around the ATT

More Photos

hecc off i know its just a Z-S with a bodykit

14 Likes

Arion Columba by Spander Design, feel.

At Spander, we design cars with passion, and so the Columba was born. Its ultra-aerodynamic teardrop line makes for a dynamic, elegant, and timeless design.

The Mid-placed RWD 4 Litres V12 engine develops 712 hp at 7900 rpm and over 1000 hp in hybrid mode, with a permanent-magnet direct current electric engine fed by a Lithium-ion battery (300V) located at the front of the car.
The Gearbox is a 7 gear DCT allowing the car to go up to 400 km/h in 3 seconds in thermic mode alone.

An unequaled design, a soothing comfort.

The interior features the most modern equipment in terms of security and infotainment, combining both luxurious comfort and a breath-taking design.

With all of that in mind, what are you waiting for? pls mak us hav the contrac we have no mony left

Spander design

More pictures

26 Likes

Roughly 12 or so hours left to get an ad posted and entry sent in! Best of luck everyone!

6 Likes

dcf1d5b866b9d4cf5790d1536d02117b2c2c3059_1_363x500

Arion Sagitta 16c

by @66mazda and yours truly
I totally did not copy paste Aruna’s CSS

Presentation

A collaboration between logic and emotion.

A crossover between elegance and brutality.

An exquisite symphony of leather, metal and carbon fiber.

A look into Arion's future.

idk I'll add more things tomorrow it's 1am ffs

Specifications

Teaming up with Gearhouse Designs, SHINKA engineering division is responsible for the engineering beneath the bodywork.

Powertrain

6.0L V16 naturally aspirated
650 PS
7 speed transaxle dual clutch transmission, powering rear wheels
300V hybrid system with 50hp motor on crankshaft and single 150hp motor on front axle
20 kWh capacity battery

Aerodynamics

Active wing flaps on front extraction vent
Active rear wing

Handling

Carbon fiber rims
Active torque vectoring via electronically controlled differential

Gallery

29 Likes

this is a car. i feel nothing but disgust from it, but i am posting it anyway because i made it for the challenge, damnit

also the lights, which i am genuinely proud of

CSC42_-Ldub0775-_Falcon.car (52.4 KB)of

5 Likes

Arion Proxima

The Arion Proxima shows that in a world filled with angular extreme hypercars, sometimes a smoother, classic design can be a breath of fresh air. Mimicking the flowing forms of '60s LM giants, the Proxima focuses it’s efforts into subtle shaping to cut through the air swiftly. Not only that, but it uses a dynamic system of fans and undertray elements to suck the car to the road, similar to the Gordan Murray T50. The 3 L supercharged V16 puts out quite a decent chunk of power, 640 hp, at the insane heights of 9100 rpm. And with Arion’s recent R&D efforts, that’s not all the power being pushed through the rear wheels. A trio of super capacitors, one between the seats and two in the hood accessed by the panels in front of the unique suicide doors, supplement the engine with about 120 hp in line with the 7 speed DCT. This puts the overall top speed at about 255 mph and the 0-60 mph time of 2.4 seconds. The interior is just as up to date as the technology that’s been poured into the drivetrain. Judicious use of clear OLED touch screens and curved screens keeps the cabin open and airy, while the use of camera side mirrors keeps the driver’s view unobstructed. Meanwhile the entire cabin is swathed in leather, finishing off this classic yet thoroughly modern hypercar.

Interior

20 Likes

Arion Virgo

The Hamonic balance between Beauty and Brutality.

I tried my best plz don’t laugh QwQ

Powered by a 6.0L naturally aspirated 9000rpm V16 coupled with 3 electric motors. This car have a maximum of 1200 horsepower powering all 4 wheels. All this power allow Virgo to go 0-100km/h under 2.5 seconds and
reach 400km/h! Virgo also have 30km of electric range to compensate the amount of fuel burned by the V16.

The interior of Virgo uses the finest leather available (doesn’t look like though) and there will be NO CENTER CONSOLE SCREEN. Instead you control and check everything by the gauge cluster or voice command. Our voice command system utilizes artificial intelligence to process and execute commands from the driver or the passenger. You don’t have to go through the infotainment system for 30 seconds just to adjust the temperature of the air conditioning and end up crashing to something. You say what you want, what you need, and the car does it for you.

Virgo utilizes all modern technologies available to create the most exciting, luxurious and refined hypercar, the principles of Arion automotive.

Spec

Engine: 6.0L naturally aspirated V16
Electric motors: two on front axle, one on rear
Power output: 1200Hp max
(Actual engine: 6.0L twin-turbo V16)
0-100km/h: 2.2 seconds
Fuel consumption: A fucking lot
Weight: 1599kg

More Photos here

15 Likes

And entries are officially closed! I will get to judging this weekend and hopefully have something tonight or tomorrow!

Reach for the sky.

Open-topped glory. Streamlined panels. Over a thousand horsepower. Yes, it’s another one of those cars. We at Zacspeed got roped into another friend’s project (@kookie), and here we present that project: Apus.

The setup is reminiscent to that of an earlier project - the Silver-York Fántasma. A similar hyper GT undertaking, lessons were taken from its engine to produce another 7.7L V12 for the Apus. Partnered with this 1420 HP engine is a hybrid system making use of supercapacitors and batteries. Energy charge and release occurs through two systems: an MGU-K for kinetic energy recovery and an MGU-H for thermal energy recovery. Development for these systems was made possible through Zacspeed’s Formula One efforts. Together, these generate 260 HP, leading to a combined output of 1660 HP. This power is then sent mainly to the rear wheels, but thanks to an all-wheel drive system, some can also be sent to the front wheels.

Despite a curb weight of over 1700kg, the car can reach 288 MPH and lap the Nordschleife in about 6:38.

What good is all this without describing the experience? The freedom of the sky just above your head, the pristine interior, the silent electric mode you can tap into, the V12’s roar as the engine kicks on… Rare are the things we truly savor in life, and this is one of them.

The 2021 Arion Apus.

Made in collaboration with @kookie

21 Likes