The first "real" car brochure in Automation!

Sadly, this car has only been sold from 1994 to 1998, but you can feel nostalgia when reading through the brochure of the Primus Merit Gen 1.

Since the updates ruined my lore data, I will need to wait for the merge with stable to redo all the data provided, and this is something like an interlude until I can proceed sharing my builds. In addition, I still consider using the Wiki, but that´s also quite a huge project with all my brands.

If you want you can “order” a car, just tell me which and I will present it in this thread, so that it almost feels like you got a brand new car delivered.

Have fun reading it! It is marked as “Beta” since grammar and spelling are surely leaving a bit to improve, English is not my native language.

Merit_brochure_beta.zip (8.2 MB)

ORDERS

Voxeldust (Discord) ordered a base model without any option in Atlantic Blue uni and blue cloth interior.

@moroza drove the Primus salesman crazy and ordered a 250tds Business wagon with AWD, wood trim, CD sound system, foglamps, xenon headlights, heated leather seats in anthracite, satin back exterior, sport suspension and bodykit as well as the white indicators and tinted taillights.

@xsneakyxsimx recieved a Gasmean-spec 350 Avance wagon, because there this selection was possible. Carphone and sport steering wheel meet the optional AWD and LSD, the color combination of Petrol Mica and cognac leather is surely daring.

@abg7 went full 90s with the Purple Rain Artcolor on his 350 Avance coupé, and wood trim is surely an unique touch when going for a blue (!) interior. A car phone reveals the successful businessman. The Sport steering wheel is standard on all 350 coupes, so it is there without being explicitly ordered.

The car for @Fantic2000 is very similar, but despite the lack of wood, the colors are very classy, combining Chardonnay Red and Beige.

@conan ordered also a car with the Purple Rain Artcolor, but gray part-leather interior. Instead of the coupé, this is the rather rare compact, and in the Sport trim, the highest available for this model. Instead of the more aggressive 200 DOHC, the more comfortable 250 is an interessing choice, as well as adaptive dampers and auto a/c - this is not the full option car, so the owner ordered wisely what was really vital for him. The cruise control really shows that this car is considered for daily convenient use.

@Ludvig, opting for another Compact Sport seems to not care about resale value and mixes the Artcolor garish green with cognac full-leather interior. The engine is this time the sporty 200, and sunroof, cruise control and the large radio seem to be extras that make up a bit the colors for the second hand market.

The - until now - most conservative order came from @Knugcab . A 300 coupé but in Elegance trim with Automatic, adding the projector headlights and POIC from the Avance, the uni white seems very modest and is combined with cognac interior. The car recieved an LSD, quite rare on Elegance models. Fire extinguisher and M1 wheels are the other extras.

@Hshan ordered his car as well with a cognac interior, using wood trim like Knugcab. But this time it is an Advance sedan - and with POIC as standard, there is not much visual difference. What is however there is a manual, organizing the powerband of the 300 engine, and some tinted lamps from the Sport model, a popular dealer option. The fire extinguisher also seems to be increasingly popular here, as it is the LSD for 300 models… What is unique is a delete of model and trim badges. This car is a “First Edition” as Knugcabs, so both 300 with LSD have also ECS. Uni black instead of the metallic Satin Black is also an interessing choice.

Another sedan was ordered by @shibusu with silver exterior and beige interior. The 250tds was combined with a manual gearbox, Options were selected wisely, this car does have the xenon headlights, but no POIC system or an integrated phone.

10 Likes

I’ll put in an order for a Primus Merit:

• Merit 300 Avance Wagon (if I could have it with the 3.5 I would)
  • Optional Carphone and Sports Leather Steering Wheel added
  • 6 Speed Manual, with the optional LSD and All Wheel Drive
  • Optional 17" Wheels, Petrol Mica exterior paint and Cognac Interior

I just want a fast and comfy wagon…

My order for a 1st-gen Primus Merit will be as follows:

• Body style/trim: Avance 350 Coupe with 3.5L V6 engine
  • Options: Wood interior trim (type 1), car phone, fire extinguisher, 17-inch alloy wheels
  • Color: Purple Rain exterior, Blue interior
  • Transmission: 6-speed manual

I’m doing this to satisfy my craving for a fast yet comfortable sports coupe that can also double as a daily driver.

I would like to order a Primus Merit:

• Avance 350 Coupe
  • Carphone and Sports Leather, Steering Wheel and 17-inch wheels for the options
  • 6-speed manual
  • Chardonnay Red exterior and Beige interior

Current orders have been delivered.

I will order a Primus Merit:

• Sport 250 Compact
  • 5-speed manual
  • Options: Adaptive dampers, Premium CD radio 50W, Cruise Control, Auto A/C
  • Ext. color : Purple Rain, Int. color : Grey

Another car delivered to a hopefully satisfied customer.

I was very surprised about abg going full 90s madness, but at least in one aspect he is still playing it safe and secure. As it hasn´t been shown in the brochure, the fire extinguisher is installed below the passenger seat.

1 Like

Ooh, car brochure, used to binge on those when I was a kid.

A youthful order

• Merit Compact 200 Sport (manual)
  • Artcolor Electric Apple
  • Cognac leather interior
  • Options: Premium CD, power sunroof, cruise control (for cool)

OK then, since you have been begging me… :rofl:

I’ll take a 300 Elegance coupé in Snow White with cognac leather.
Option it with the following:
POIC
Fire extinguisher
Projector headlights
5 speed auto
M1 wheels (keep them 16")
Limited slip

No sunroof for me, never. My IRL daily driver took 10+ years to find for this reason. Otherwise, this inspires me to a few things.

fixed.

Well, since I like playing with configurators sometimes… And I see some unused potential here. I’m not sure though, if this order will be entirely possible:

• Avance 300 sedan, buuut, with Sport’s tinted taillights and white indicators? (just those, not the full kit)
  • wood trim, fire extinguisher, sport steering wheel
  • 6-speed manual, LSD
  • standard M1 16" wheels
  • uni Black exterior with Cognac leather interior
  • no model or variant badging

The white indicators and tinted taillights are definitely something the dealer would switch before delivery, since such things were very popular in the 90s.
The badge delete is only possible for model and trim line, not for the manufactor. In Germany (well, Primus is Austrian but I think its the same there) it is forbidden to drive a car without a manufactor badge, because traffic control can´t give you a proper fee without writing down which vehicle it is. That led to me having a fine for “Horse red”. Yes, it was a SN95 Mustang…

Your car will arrive in a few minutes.

3 Likes

Yes, that’s exactly what I wanted :slight_smile:

I knew about that law before but this is hilarious :joy: I hope the fine wasn’t high.

Okay, may I order another car? We can imagine it’s my second cousin or something. But this time I want something no one else asked for yet.

I want a 350 engine Merit, but I want the options to be selected by you, @Happyhungryhippo including the bodystyle, as if I’m picking it up from the dealer stock without ordering it myself. If that is possible please.

Merit 350 Convertible Retro Edition, only offered for half a year. Basically an Elegance convertible but with interior in red which wasn´t available for any other model and chrome mirrors. So it´s still less wild than Morozas wagon which has sport exterior on a Business model which wasn´t possible with the brochure, but not too unrealistic for an aftersales modification. Exterior is Moondust Silver, but black and red were also available with the Retro Edition. An automatic transmission emphasises the cruising ability, not the sportiness.

e

1 Like

I would like to order a

• Merit Elegance 250tds Sedan (5M/T)
  • Moondust silver metallic
  • Beige interior
  • projector headlights
  • 16 inch wheels