The "guess-what-car" game 2

So, who is David Belafonte (related to Harry?) and how is he connected to the Trofeo?

2 Likes

I used to sing this as a kid, even drooled over the car at the 91-92 autoshow here in San Diego

2 Likes

TBH, I would have done the same. :rofl: Catchy tune.
But very tricky picture, it was easy to suppose that it was the front of a car with popup headlights, very well done.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t have ever guessed if not for hint 3.

Taken just now, (no reverse image search here!) have fun.

3 Likes

Not even one guess? Come on guys. You can do it!

Hint 1: The pictured car’s manufacturing sticker indicates it was assembled in Alabama.

Hyundai Santa Fe?

Nope

Good news i can now respond to guesses: with only two hints i figured it out in about 18 minutes as evidenced by this convo in SR Discord server (original post with picture also had a hint for ones willing to take it into account)

Another convo in same server has informed me that 2014 Hyundai Elantra happens to use torsion beam suspension

So i believe that this is Hyundai Elantra from 2014 with some more info intentionally left out

2 Likes

Cheater.

3 Likes

Have fun

I am absolutely certain I know what it is but I can’t come up with the name

1 Like

Mastretta MXT?

No

Rover 75?

Should have expected that answer
However its still incorrect one

Hint 1: This vehicle is quite rare and decently expensive.
However…mass-produced car that is actual basis for this is relatively easy to get all over the world

fiat 500 abarth?

Nope

Oh its time for second hint and to decide on that i consulted ChatGPT because i was indecisive myself:

With that being done
MTM helped in tuning engine and suspension of car you are supposed to guess
Compared to mass-produced donor car, engine situation is as follows:
354 becomes 525 hp and previously NA engine now has supercharger.

I highly suspect I’ve seen this and read about this car. If I’m right as to what it is, I can tell what engine, chassis (of what other car) and body style it has. The thing is, I can’t tell what’s its name, and no amount of searching helps :joy:

2 Likes