The Hunt For A Star Car! [FINISHED]

Oh it’s fine, just you watch!

1 kilometer later

12 Likes

The latest WMD concept car, the HSC-52, provides a head-turning mix of dynamic styling and pure performance for under $100K (without markups) wherever it goes.

This car will enter limited production in the event of sufficiently positive public reception, but its real value is to prove that there is still a place for natural aspiration in the supercar market.

No race parts were used in the development of this vehicle. However, in the event of production, WMD will build dedicated racing versions for track-only use. Its cost ensures that only one example will be provided, but we are sure that it will be worth the price.

2 Likes

Codename : Scorpion

Powerplant : V6, 3.6L, 439hp @ 8400 Mid-Trans
Drivetrain : 7 speed SDC to AWD
Acceleration: 0-62mph in 3.4s
Top Speed: 197mph
Loudness: WHAT???

USP: Speedbumps, kerbs and ploughed fields probably wouldn’t stop it. Check out the Offroad stat! :slight_smile:
Sportiness and prestige : Meh! Steel does that to a car apparently!

Cost price : $56,900

Why: Because we wanted to be different. :smiley:

9 Likes

That is a looker, @Der_Bayer

Bogliq Automotive isn’t really about hyper-cars, or super-cars either; sure, we can make 'em but I like making fun, affordable cars for the budget conscious…

So, I present, the 2014 Bogliq Kitten Sport!

Retails for 25K if you’re interested :wink:

7 Likes

2017 Megacorp Rapier concept

More info to be found at the North American International Auto Show stand: Automation Detroit Auto Show 2017 [BEST IN SHOW REVEALED] - #69 by thecarlover

12 Likes

#OAM Nadier-Schoefield

OAM would like to present the 2017 Chevalier II Concept. Although rather expensive at $54,600 at 0%, the Chevalier II is a sporty well rounded reliable car. With a top speed of 211 mph, superb handling and very good safety, the OAM Chevalier is capable of performing stunts without any risk of injury to the stunt drivers. In addition, the powerful 5.9L Nadier-Schoefield Buzzard II V8 sould be loud enough to wow any crowd.
(More info below)

5 Likes

Rainmere Inc. is proposing the RCX to be the candidate.

The 2016 RCX is the latest car from Rainmere. It is designed with beauty, speed and affordability in mind. Inside the RCX is 1.9 liter turbocharged engine with 260 bhp output with 6-speed manual transmission. Not the fastest engine in the world, sure, but the RCX’s body is made from carbon fiber, making this car is very light and also pretty quick. With 0-100 km/h acceleration in 5 seconds and estimated top speed of 150 mph, combined with the small body of the RCX and a base price of under $55000, making it a suitable choice for those who find a fast, beauty and affordable sports car

4 Likes

It’s long overdue, but I’ve finally got round to sending in my entrant.

We certainly feel the Erin Scarlet was born to do car chases, time to test that.

9 Likes

Quick List of those from whom I have PMs/Entries from. If your name is not on the list, and you have posted a car here, PM it to me before the 19th of january.

@Dorifto_Dorito
@DeusExMackia
@thecarlover
@HighOctaneLove
@TR8R
@abg7
@one85db
@BobLoblaw
@Madrias
@conan
@Der_Bayer

Again, if your name is not on this list, Send me your car!

4 Likes

From this post, there is 12h15m Remaining to get in your entry.

Then I’ll take a few days for checking, reviewing, and results, and post it all over how long it takes.

3 Likes

WAAAAIT WAAAIT

I’m entering two cars is that OK? One for each of my companies?

##We got the star car for the… Other Reason.

##It got wrecked!
That’s right, RPG is glad to donate a couple of our brand new 2017 Barracuda Retro models over to the studio to fill in as the car that gets wrecked in the big chase scene!
(Remember to sign the disclaimer, notes, and insurance and responsibility papers with us prior to taking shipment of the cars)

The 2017 Barracuda Retro model is a modern overhaul of the original early 70s AEA Barracuda chassis and body, but we kept the most important part!
###The Feel of Driving a Big Block Muscle Car

Yes we did, you can turn off all the assists and enjoy the original muscle car feel with your Bluetooth headset and phone playing tunes. It has the original suspension and engine to ensure the accuracy of your new retro ride!

But, we didn’t just re-use the old design, we improved it! While this car still has a solid live axle, it has been rebuilt with today’s modern technology to be safer, faster, and more durable than ever! It can also handle modern driving with all the convenient features of a new car! This includes an improved 455ci Big Block V8 with overhead valves and direct injection. And modern sports tires with classic Magnesium 5 spoke rims! (Which have been treated with a special finish to make them durable enough to stand up to the riggers of modern driving.)

Now, we have made some slight cosmetic changes to further distinguish the new retro from the original. This includes slight trim changes and a refreshed front and rear design. We also have 3 appearance packages for perspective buyers to choose from. Talk to your local RPG or AEA dealer for more.

For your particular batch of cars, Mr. Marcus-Johnson, we have made some changes to improve them for stunt vehicle use, including some weight-saving measures, improved cylinder heads, a catalytic converter delete, and improvements in the suspension to make the cars more suitable for jumping and drifting. Due to the mass-production of these cars, and the simple materials and construction, you will find these Barracuda Retros will easily fall within your budget.

We wish the best of luck to the other stunt drivers, as we will send our own stunt driver, James Maxxus, to prove our car.

####Redhawk Performance Group - Special Performance Vehicles for the Common Man

7 Likes

Thought i could just make it in time, if barely. Yeah. Not happening

As of half an hour ago, entries are closed. Tomorrow I will start scrutinizing and brief reviews.

Good luck to all, expect an edit with all entries soon.

1 Like

Sadly I was also unable to scrape together enough time and mojo to finish the car I wanted to submit. But I’m still interested in what happens next!

My car garage has at least 10 prototypes for this challenge, just couldn’t pull it together sadly. Nothing was quite good enough and nothing quite caught my fancy just right. Good Luck to all the entrance who managed to make a car, this was harder than it sounded.

1 Like

I don’t think I’m gonna win but I’ll have a hoot watching the drivers try to handle a car that manages to get barely 50 drivability… on AWD :imp:

1 Like

Here are your Entrants

@ramthecowy
@DeusExMackia
@thecarlover
@TR8R
@abg7
@one85db
@BobLoblaw
@Madrias
@conan
@Der_Bayer
@titleguy1
@findRED19
@Dorifto_Dorito
@HighOctaneLove
@Deskyx

Good Luck to all!

5 Likes

And, we have our 1st Cut!

@HighOctaneLove, Sorry but the Kitten doesn’t reach the safety minimum of 40.

Therefore, we are un able to use the car, as we do not see if safe enough to use on set.

1 Like