The Inline 3 Racing League - 1969

The engine presented as example looks to be a meme engine, so I assume this challenge is not for historical accuracy and reasonable engineering, which is a shame.

it’s an inline 3 racing challenge. of course it’s not going to be historically accurate

i mean who in their right minds would make an inline 3 that large and put it in a supercar

this challenge was made for fun. while i may be saying about historical accurate wings, that’s something more for style purposes than anyt

there’s no unlimited quality on trim? where did you read that?

Nowhere, just the budget caps. That’s why I asked.

it’s more the engine than anything. my example car cost $63,000 overall so it’s not impossible to be within the budget guidelines. i just wanted to give people flexibility with how they produce their cars

also, when i say hard cap, i mean hard cap. if any car is over $90k there had better be a good reason for it

You specify nowhere that its about supercars. My original draft was a 600-700kg car with a 1.2-1.5L engine. It fits all of the criteria of the first post, yet it is clearly not the type of car you had in mind. While I will be passing on this one, I advise that you carefully articulate all of the rules and put them in the OP.

1 Like

there was no restriction on the type of car. you can submit that car, but it’ll likely do relatively badly compared to, at least my car, and the other cars i imagine will be submitted. this isn’t a competition for historical accuracy (trust me i learned my lesson about that), it’s just for fun

Can we submit the track times ourselves?

i’m afraid not. i will test the track times myself and make a sort of mini-story with them (you’ll see what i mean after the first round)

So I can have Max top and bottom end quality (+15) just so long as taking away one quality makes my pistons break, and critical valve float?

Like if you remove one from your top end do you get valve float?

Hmm… I might have to see what I can do for this. I think there’s a semi-sensible I3 in my lineup that could work with a few tweaks. Given the year, it’ll have to be RWD because I know I don’t have a Sinistra with an I3 in it.

First. Just put an I3 with very similar characteristics in my 1967 Weekend Race Car Challenge [Finished, results posted] - #55 by AndiD car (and changed the # to I3, er, 13, but am too lazy to make another screenshot):

3 Likes

No deadline? :thinking:

yes, that is the idea. as i said, it’s meant to be a bit of fun, hence why i have allowed this rule rather than making everyone use tiny inline 3’s

the deadline is september 21st. i’m adding it to the rules now

1 Like

Me with a 2.8L I3 atm :smiley:

i mean, mine is 2.3