The year is 1969. A new racing league has been formed, and your car company has entered. However, there’s a catch. The only engine allowed is an inline 3. You have to brainstorm a way to create an inline 3 capable of racing in a proper race league. You can either build a whole new car from scratch or use an pre-made car and modify it to fit the criteria. Any car from 1950 - 1969 can be entered, and the winner will be decided by 5 criteria:
Take, for example, this modified Iskra 380 Sporting as an example of what kind of modifications can be made
- Styling and appearance
- Race 1 score - Automation Old Test Track
- Race 2 score - Hirochi Forgotten Raceway 2
- Race 3 score - Aegean Raceway
- Finale score - Utah Road Course 1
- Trim and engine year must be set to 1969.
- Engine must be an inline 3. There is no size limit, though if you can make an engine larger than 2.4 litres work without quality spamming then i’ll be amazed.
- Speaking of quality, quality sliders are unlimited on the Bottom End and the Top End to just make the engine work. If I find that lowering the sliders still allows the engine to run there will be a small penalty. The only stresses allowed are on the pistons, conrods and the crank, as that is sort of inevitable on an inline 3 of this size.
- Race parts are encouraged to be used, as this is an official racing league.
- only 2.1 - 2.6 metre wheelbases are allowed, 2.0 is allowable but will inccur a penalty.
- No meme or broken bodies. I don’t think there are any in this time period, but using one will inccur instant disqualification.
- DO NOT USE WINGS! FIXTURES FROM THE SPOILER AND LIP CATEGORY ARE ALLOWED, BUT ANYTHING FROM THE WING CATEGORY WILL INCCUR INSTANT DISQUALIFICATION!
- The car must have racing numbers. Liveries are not required, but you will likely get extra points in terms of style.
- Only semi-slick tyres are allowed.
- The car must have a minimum of 2 seats.
- Minimum Basic 60’s safety.
- A minimum of 20 Drivability, 20 Sportiness and 30 Safety
- Soft cap of $70,000 AUD. Hard cap of $90,000. Anything above will have either a penalty or be disqualified depending on how much over it is.
Re-Subs are allowed, if a mistake is made. You cannot submit an entirely different car. Please submit your entries via DM’s on Discourse, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
The dealine for submissions in September 21st.
Have fun and stay safe! - void