It’s 1967. You’re an experienced mechanic and car enthusiast, and through your hard work and a lot overtime you recently managed to buy yourself a nice sports car. However, because of city traffic and speed limits you can’t use its performance as much as you would want to. You would like to get more out of the car you worked so hard to afford.
One day you find out that there is a local racing community who host events on the weekends. This would be a great opportunity to really drive your car hard from time to time, but the car will need some modifications first. The car will still need to meet the noise restrictions for road use since you want to drive this car to the track, rather than moving it on a trailer. With that and the tremendous sense of excitement and anticipation for the new project in mind, you get to work.
TLDR: Make a car that is set up to go fast on a circuit, while still looking close to a standard road car with some visual modifications.
- Year: 1967
- Body type: Coupe, Sedan or Convertible
- Engine: any type, up to 5.0L
- Must use carburettors
- Race intakes and race exhaust allowed (but not mandatory)
- Super Leaded Fuel
- At least 1 muffler
- Drive type: RWD
- Semi-Slick tires, up to 255m wide
- max. rim size 15"
- Interior: at least 2 basic seats, standard 60s safety
- Price: up to 40.000$
- Power/weight: up to 0.25hp/kg (250hp/1000kg) if front-engined, up to 0.225hp/kg (225hp/1000kg) if mid-engined or rear-engined
- Aero: only 1 Spoiler fixture allowed, no lips or wings. Only era-correct spoilers allowed
- Car should have racing numbers, racing lights and/or racing stripes
- Exterior Styling
- Performance in BeamNG (Automation Short Race Circuit, Hirochi Raceway Short Circuit, West Coast Short Race Circuit)
Overall score = Styling Score + Race 1 score + Race 2 score + Race 3 score
Tiebraker if 2 or more cars are tied for 1st after the last race: West Coast Drag Strip (fastest quarter mile time wins the tiebraker)
Deadline: August 22nd, 2021 at 5pm CEST
Race 1: August 22nd, 2021 at 6pm CEST
Race 2: August 28th, 2021 at 6pm CEST
Race 3: August 29th, 2021 at 6pm CEST
Only 1 submission per player is allowed! Your first submission counts
Again, the races will be streamed on my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEazrZkjQcCxLaMmj79c62Q
Submit your car through my discord: Tom Henks Chillout
To submit, drag and drop your car file into the “community-challenge-files” subchannel