The "Low Effort" car competition

aw shit he invited Benji

Are mods allowed?

absolutely

1992 Otari 346 “BlackOut”

10 fixtures in total and I used some advanced trim on the wheels, hopes that is ok. The stripes is a part of this body.

Gallery

4 Likes

10 Likes

No way this was made using 10-25 fixtures - I think you used 50 to 100, and made the most of them throughout the build process.

1 Like

I can point out several places where you could drop fixtures to get into a lower category

categories range up to 100 fixtures…

though that car certainly looks more complex than that

2 Likes

Here’s a 10-fixture starting point for a more detailed build. I was originally planning a 25-fixture version, but decided to reduce the fixture count to 10 when I found that option to also be workable.

I chose the larger of the two Starion body sets (2.64m wheelbase) for this draft build - its shape not only lent itself well to the bottom-breather nose I wanted, but also gelled with my fixture choices (incorporating unitary head- and taillights, i.e. both were made with a single fixture each).

huh i forgot that this existed for a hot minute so i should probably write some reviews

@IDK158 - Richard

a cute lil truck! very efficient and tasteful use of fixtures (even though it technically has 11). I could see this easily being the start to a very good build were it further fleshed out.

@IDK158 - Benji

a cute lil truck! pt2. very effective use of the body to make it appear more detailed than it is, however inherent to this body is the massive wheel wells, which look disproportionate to the rest of the car. this is not helped by the car having a very tall ride height.

2 Likes

Epic! I have actually fleshed these two out further (Richard got a full do-over and Benji was already a built out car, I just took bits off) and they are fully integrated into the Takisa brand! They helped me figure out Takisa’s “Friend name” 80s trend

is this still open for submissions?

i mean i never closed it so yeah sure
still need to write out reviews for other cars tho

ok, i should have something out in a 1hr or so

The never ending project car
So you decided that the tired old Japanese coupe sitting in your driveway needed some excitement in its life huh? Several months later and you striped the car down to its bare shell, welded in a rollcage and crammed an American bigblock V8 in the enginebay. Now the once running car sits there while you cry cause you've spent 4 times the value of the car and it still dosent run ... welcome to the Project Car ...

And yes this includes an interior at exactly 10 fixtures.
6 Likes

I refuse to believe the exterior has 10 fixtures.

i could have went for 9 fixtures total but i needed to have that strut bar!

what kinda magic are you pulling off here
is half the car a single fixture?

The exterior including underchassis = 9

The interior = 1

The total = 10

I’ll revive this thread with a 25-fixture build I cooked up recently - the GEC G2S Turbo 2.0.

It’s a reimagining of my CSR121 entry, but with an even more minimalist design to fit the constraints of this challenge - and it could serve as the starting point for a more detailed version.

Fixture breakdown

Headlights: 5 fixtures (2 headlights, 1 indicator, 1 headlight lens, 1 indicator lens, all mirrored)
Wipers: 2 fixtures
Front fascia: 2 fixtures (1 grille + 1 mirrored indicator set as running light)
Door handles: 1 fixture (mirrored)
Side mirrors: 1 fixture (mirrored)
Fuel filler cap: 1 fixture
Radio antenna: 1 fixture
Rear spoiler (nonfunctional, simulated through body molding): 1 fixture
Taillight clusters: 6 fixtures (1 indicator, 1 taillight, 1 brake light, 1 reversing light, 1 taillight lens, 1 central reflector, all mirrored except for reflector)
Third brake light: 1 fixture
License plates and holders: 1 license plate fixture + 1 body molding fixture (rear only for both)
Exhaust pipes and cutouts: 1 pipe + 1 cutout (left side only)
Total: 25 fixtures

More pics

Front view:

Rear view:

Left side view:

Right side view:

Specs

Body style: 2-door coupe
Model year: 1992
Engine: 2.0L DOHC 16v turbo I4, iron block and alloy head, multipoint EFI
Power: 200bhp @ 6500 rpm
Torque: 204lb-ft @ 3800 rpm
Fuel type: 91 RON (87 AKI) regular unleaded
Drivetrain: Front-engined, RWD, 5-speed manual transmission, geared LSD
Suspension: Fully independent: McPherson strut (front)/multi-link (rear), progressive springs with monotube dampers and passive anti-roll bars
Wheels: 15-inch cast aluminum alloy (front/rear)
Tires: 205/60R15 94Z sports compound radial (front/rear)
Brakes: 295mm vented disc w/2-piston calipers (front), 275mm vented disc w/1-piston calipers (rear), ABS
Interior: Standard 4-seat (2 front, 2 rear) with standard AM/FM radio + cassette tape player
Safety: Advanced 90s (includes driver and passenger front airbags)
Weight: 1230 kg (2712 lb), 52.9% front/47.1% rear
Price: $17,000 AMU

Performance data

Top speed: 156 mph
0-60 mph: 6.55 seconds
1/4 mile: 14.7 seconds
Roadholding (200m skidpad): 0.943g
Braking (60-0 mph): 35.4m
Airfield track test lap time (standing start): 1:29.03
Automation Test Track lap time (standing start): 2.26:50

1 Like