The Most Dandy new car

You’re at your home. It’s 1996. You’re enjoying life. Or maybe you’re not, I can’t tell. But you better make it look like it! For your client can be described in just one word: Dandy. He is a gentleman among gentlemans, a class act among class acts. His calm and reassuring voice makes you hope for the future. His suit and cloak make you wish you were half as stylish as he. His beard gives a refined aura. His pipe is from a locally sourced wood, hornbeam to be exact. “Why I was hoping for a new car. Care for you to help?” he asked. You were all to happy to accept. “Why thank you. It is of upmost concern that my new car meets these specifications.” You nod intently as he lists his preferred specifications.

“First, it must exude style and class. I don’t mean like a new Ferrari or Lamborghini. One must look upon its refined exterior and think to oneself. “That is one dandy car.”
Next, it must be comfortable. I must sit in the driver’s seat, and be absorbed into the car. I should be brought back to my own fine seating chair in my fire-lit library, reading Keats. I won’t accept anything less than the best.
Also, it must be able to traverse unimproved roads with ease. You see, I like to do conservation work and must travel to the woods often.
These are my only specifications. I know you won’t disappoint.”
He leaves with the graces of hundereds of years, along with his beautiful wife. You sure don’t want to disappoint them!

You’re left excited for designing this new car!

Rules
Interior will be judged so make it very stylish!
Must be road legal
Only design, engineering will not be judged
Submissions open 6/23/2024
Submissions close 8/16/2024

4 Likes

I’m assuming he’s looking for an upmarket premium or even luxury SUV/light truck, then.

What are the expectations of historical realism?

Some examples of what Sir Dandy considers stylish? At least some direction - modern vs. classical, favorite colors…

Be as unrealistic as you can!

No pick up trucks!!!

Also I’ve changed the deadline to August 16

One month remains!!

Watch out! You only have 9 days left!

Just saw this event for the first time. Ill try to knoc one out later today.

Submissions should be closed but I know a couple of you are still working on your entries so I’ll extend the deadline for one fortnight!! I’m excited to see what you have made :slight_smile:

3 Likes

2 days left to submit!

Dalluha Coach & Motor Works presents the…

1996 DCMW Sharriallat Supremacy X

(two-seater version shown)

Engine:

Driveline: 6-speed manual transmission, selectable AWD with locking center, rear, and front differentials

Suspension: extra-long reinforced control arms, four-wheel hydropneumatic dampers with automatic load compensation and manual height adjust. Standard all-terrain tires, underbody armor, and on-board air compressor.

Body and interior: double-glazed glass including windshields, proprietary DCMW “Supreme Serenity” soundproofing, hydraulic seat suspension for further NVH refinement, two-wood interior - roasted flame maple and spalted hornbeam, to be exact - with sterling silver door inlays, blue abalone Yggdrasil inlay on refrigerator lid and steering wheel badge. Vanden Weelderigplas clock with blue marble face, inlaid with onyx. Suede headliner with damask print, Dalluhan Emerald Valley Sheep wool carpets, Dalluhan Coastal Bison leather seating and control surfaces.

Price: on request.

7 Likes

That is one dandy car!

4 Likes

Submissions closed!! Expect reviews shortly!!!