The Search for a Sportscar - The Agile and the Angry

No.

Also, I’m updating the rules to ban the current Koenigsegg body from the competition as it’s little more than an engine sled (no passenger space or anything).

1 Like

1985 Odonda Bueno

[Lore WIP]

Sportscar-Marian87 - Odonda Bueno.car (48.1 KB)

26 Likes

Wow. Ace.

1 Like

Forgot to reply to this one. I’ve already planned and tested Part II in a way to equalise cars from any era, so submit whichever you prefer.

3 Likes

Um, the lore doesn’t count, because I literally posted it just now so it technically isn’t lore XD.
This is the Freedom Venus. It’s pretty sporty, uh.

Link to thread:

3 Likes

80s Sports Car Body… Check
80’s Pop-up Headlights… Check
80’s Turbo Graphics… Check
80’s Turbo Response Curve… Check
80’s Cheap Mid-Engine Layout… Check
80’s Dubious Handling… Check

Yeehah!

(Stats are almost identical to the AW11 MR2, except with a turbo power curve instead of supercharged)

7 Likes

MV Design will be entering this competition with a project developed for a fellow asian company. Presenting the 1989 Annis Elegy GT. A versatile and great handling sports coupe powered by the legendary MV26DET engine, pumping 276hp though all the wheels.And all that greatness for less than 20k!

This is suposed to be a generation between GTA SA’s Elegy and GTA V’s Classic Elegy.

9 Likes

1989 LMC Maladus M150

17 Likes

I’ll enter this with a reimagining of a Kee-era car I made almost a year ago - it’s so different from its previous rendition that its very existence would mean rewriting the brand’s lore (if there is any), but it’s still front-engined, rear-drive and exclusively V8-powered.

This is the 2000 Hanson Halberd, the second revision of a car first introduced in 1990, and now developing 334 horsepower courtesy of an all-new 4.2L V8. It was offered as a 2+2 or, as shown here, a two-seater - the latter being more desirable due to its reduced weight.

5 Likes

1998 Ryback Tornado

you’ll hear the Tornado coming long before you see it…

With a powerful roaring DOHC Cyclone V8 4.3L engine, with VVT technology. With 279HP and a 5 Speed manual Gearbox transmission powering the rear wheels.

“The Porsche Eater”

With a Mcperson strut and Semi-trailing arm suspension, With adaptive dampers, and 1337kgs of weight, Giving it a superb handling on corners. On top of that, a 0-100 time of 5.75 seconds. So you can laugh at any maserati/porsche of it’s time.

A sporty family car…

Despite all that perfomance, you still get a pretty normal family 2-door family sedan, With a fuel economy rating of 21mpg/8.928 km/l, and its Reliable and yet still cheap to maintain. So dont worry! it wont broke you.

Comfort…

With a high-end Sport leather interior, With a premium CD radio. With some Interior parts being made of aluminum for weight reduction.

-I think that’s enough presentation…

(Lore of the car coming soon…)

7 Likes

1988 Rennen Angeles Prestige 3.2 4WD

For 1988, Rennen revealed the 4th-generation Angeles sports sedan. With an all-new steel chassis and standard AWD on many upper-trim models, the Angeles set a precedent for future Rennen vehicles.

The model which has been provided is a top-spec Prestige 3.2 4WD Manual, with over 200 HP funneled to a rear-biased AWD system through a 5-speed manual. The suspension has been tuned for a slightly more aggressive setup compared to the automatic model, but the demeanor remains balanced between comfort and cornering.

The model became popular in the early 2000s and later thanks to the engine’s potential for tuning and the tight handling characteristics Rennen has been known for.

17 Likes

Wow, Split/Second lore? Nice, except for the the fact that the Tornado’s a truck.

1 Like

1997 Banthaar Margay V8

Banthaar decided to produce a brand new and unique model in 1997: the Margay
Here is the 4.0 V8 of 300 HP, the average version of this GT combining performance, security and drivability. A smaller version with an Inline 6 and a bigger one with a V10.
Despite the I6 only had an automatic gearbox, the V8 and the V10 were available with a 6 speeds manual gearbox.

Let yourself be seduced by this coupe and its beautiful V8 sound, who only demand you to drive it.

16 Likes

No More Than You Can Afford Pal, Mitsushita.

8 Likes

Retro Age Motors would like to present …the 1969 …s61

1969 s61 2-door, 5-seat, sport sedan.
Power Plant: 336 c.i. Fire-Storm V8. Producing 226 h.p. @ 5200 rpm.
Transmission: Boi - Boi 2-speed automatic, peak torque, 262 lb-ft @ 2900 rpm
4-wheel solid disc brakes, 60 - 0 mph 140 feet
Top Speed: 120 mph
0 - 60 mph: 10.1s
Price: $13,500

Retro Age Motors
Parking Memories in the Driveway

4 Likes

'88 BMMA Dolphine 2.5 Opicina in Coral Red

26 Likes

Nice pickup (or coupe?) line. Also, are you Conan the Barbarian? :joy:

The Swan Song of a legend.

1988. Two years after the death of Group B, sales of the aging FAAL Coupe and Tetra models started declining. The rallye hormones were sated, and the death of the car was imminent. But to the general surprise, FAAL decided to make the car go out with a bang, giving it one more opportunity to advertise new tech: The FAAL Tetra Evo 4 hit a few selected dealerships, boasting a new 230hp version of it’s 2.1L 5 cylinder turbo engine featuring a juvenile electronic Variable Valve Timing system. The car also had one of the very first dashboard operated adaptative dampers, with a dial in the center console allowing to fiddle with the hardness of the ride.

The car was faster than ever, with a top speed of 221km/h, 0-100km/h in 5.47s and a quarter mile in 13.86s. Despite the new tech it weighed barely more than 1200kg.

One thousand pre-established units and an emotional goodbye later, both the FAAL Coupe and Tetra disappeared without replacement.

Press F

19 Likes

It made me think of this :thinking:

8 Likes