The Single Engine Lineup Challenge (REVIEWS POSTED)

With the introduction of two more performance categories I suspect I will need three cars: a performance coupe, a utility truck, and a small hatch. However, although a fast quarter-mile time and high capacity are a boon in the Muscle category, sportiness is even more important, and increasing that stat can easily be done by improving a car’s handling. Anyone planning to use a small-capacity turbo straight-four, like me, ought to keep this in mind.

@koolkei Your score will be the average of the highest competitiveness in each of the 9 categories.

@AirJordan Did you forget Heavy Utility?

Since this is an ongoing challenge, you are free to update or add to your lineup whenever you want. There’s no penalty for going first and giving everyone a baseline to compare against :wink:

Also, this challenge is just for fun and the competitiveness scoring was chosen to practice for campaign mode. Feel free to ignore it if you wish and compete for other stats, such as most efficient, fastest Airfield time, etc. :slight_smile: I’ll be reviewing the most unique cars as well as the most competitive cars!

i got utility done. family and commuter done. but none have scores above 110 :frowning:

Every test car I have made so far has >110 competitiveness in at least two categories. Family Utility (at 109.2) is the only exception, but I seem to be doing well enough in the others.

great idea. however, i think it would be more interesting if we could pick a limited amount of markets to compete in. would allow for a bit more variety.

You can do that if you want :wink: If you do, though, make sure to pick a few different markets. The point here is to test your versatility!

To everyone: if you want to go for the highest score in, say, Muscle with a bigass V8, please do! But what I’m really interested in is how well you can shove that V8 into a city car :smiley: Conversely, if you go for a small and economical engine, how well can you mitigate the disadvantages?

By this you mean production units?

Nope. Also, a modest power output is no hindrance in a performance car if you make it handle really well.

Engineering time can be found in the last engine tab and the detailed stats tab. I have set the rules so that if you go to the production settings, it should take around 5 years on default settings.

Found it, thnx :wink:

using an old body doesnt seem to make sense as is also affects safety. also, a 110 car with a 10% penalty should end up with a score of 99 :wink:

Nope, just scored really bad at HU :slight_smile:

I will (maybe) post that test car / engine just to give some baseline…but first some finetuning and quality sliders…

All three of my test cars have >110 competitiveness in at least three categories, and amazingly, each of them (along with my test engine, which powers all three cars) has every quality slider set to 0 (zero) to reduce engineering time and purchase price. I was assuming that I could not get away with negative quality.

This competition is still open guys :wink:

1 Like

god i totally forgot about this one *gasp

I still have all three test cars ready, and will submit them when the opportunity arises.

@phale actually I have a bunch of Huadai branded vehicles ready for SELC but with all the other things going on with earlier deadlines. Plus I did kinda want to make a fancy ad or something for them first to put up on the thread, since that’s required first otherwise I’d already have sent them to you.

That’s what happens when is BRC season.

2 Likes

There has been no activity in this challenge for almost a whole week… At least it hasn’t been abandoned yet, and I have three test cars ready for submission.

Work commitment atm have limited myself to the shopping challenge I don’t even have time for the BRC and as it is I have to do the DRC tonight when I get back to Mt. Stanley at 2 am…the rain sucks for my workload (great for everything else but)