The Single Engine Lineup Challenge (REVIEWS POSTED)

Well if you have them ready then submit them! I understand that this requires more work than a usual challenge, and we’ve already got quite a few challenges going on now. But that’s why this is ongoing, so you have more time to build your lineup. It doesn’t matter if it’s not complete, you can always go back to add or improve. And the best way to get some activity is to make it yourself :wink:

You have a point, but I would prefer to tweak my designs for maximum competitiveness before actually submitting them.

My first international car worked pretty good ^,^ I got an average score of 117 in Family, Commuter, City :slight_smile: But i accidentally used an old body :frowning: so I got a 2% penalty. But i think that my 2.2L V6 engine will work fine for this challenge.

Looks good! Now let’s see what else you can make with that engine :smiley:

I like the color and shape of your everyday car, but compared to the turbo I4 I intend to use, it is not as efficient. That said, the extra capacity and pair of cylinders helps add some prestige, which can be useful in the performance categories.

…So from the looks of it we are supposed to make an engine thats economical and and has a slightly utility focused torque curve… time to make an I4 with a downwards torque curve and has less displacement than the average bike and 8" exhaust with no muffler to maximize sportiness, and I’ll just slap rearwheel drive on it and call it a muscle car! …I’ll be back soon with my beast of an engine.

…I did it and the engine itself was absolutely terrible and made 8hp with pushrod valves and the body I chose wasnt the most high tech or light thing either it was the big 60’s sedan with the fins on the rear and it actually managed to get 28 mpg and had decent ratings… kinda.

Harris Cars Ltd. would like to present the following models, all powered by the same engine:

Each of these cars is primarily intended to be sold in developing markets. However, we promise that in the future, additional powertrain options (not shown here) will be available on the Kingfisher.

As you can see, all three models are highly competitive in their target markets. It is worth noting that I used the current stable release for this challenge.

Looks good! Post the market tabs with the desirability scores, please.

By the way, open beta has different calculations for utility, so that will affect the scoring for utility categories. I’m running open beta, but if people would rather post in stable release, that’s fine too. Just note which version of the game you’re running.

Alright, I have created a Google Sheet so we can tally our scores easily: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17Bc1ONrxA4phT4kiia-B8xNuGHYJg2q9-YT77fE3Y2w/edit?usp=sharing

I have started by filling out @abg7’s scores. I have assumed that you do not have any desirability penalties. You get a total score of 119.3! :clap:

I won’t reveal what scores I’ve gotten, but I will say that my lowest score is higher than your highest :wink:

Also, for greater realism I have changed the fuel economy rule so that your fleet average economy must be greater than 20mpg or equivalent.

ATTENTION

I have decided to set a deadline for Stage 1 for Friday, August 5th. The reason is that the next update is coming up soon and it will change all the scores, so I’d like to get one stage done before it comes. Anyone who has already submitted is free to resubmit until the deadline.

Thanks for putting this together, looks like a great challenge for new players and for thinking about the upcoming campaign mode.

I’m currently working on a three car lineup, although I’m a bit surprised that the same SUV that scores well for Family Utility is also my best City and Commuter car. I really didn’t expect to have both an SUV and a pickup in the lineup. Sounds like Gasmea is the “US” region in this game?

Yes, Gasmea is the US region, haha! Seems pretty accurate, I see tons of SUVs and pickups here, so it’s not that surprising :stuck_out_tongue:

G+C Engineering is proud to present their first production engine, a 2.5L V6 producing 184 hp and 170 ft-lb of torque.

Their 2016 lineup, now available in Gasmea, shares the same engine on a range of platforms to showcase its versatility. Let’s take a look at the top three contenders:

The Ruby 5 compact family SUV

The sturdy Sandstone RH pickup

The Topaz S, a sporty 2-door that doesn’t skimp on amenities

This is on the stable version of Automation.

A good engine, but not quite a great one; emissions and fuel consumption are inferior to my turbo four, and reliability is compromised by weak internals, hence the low redline. It does, however, have more power and provides more prestige - those latter two reasons explain why he is the current leader the last time I checked the leaderboards.

A reminder that submissions are due tomorrow. I will set a deadline of 11:59PM EST.

Also, feel free to PM me your cars if you would like them reviewed. I will not be reviewing all cars, but will pick and choose a few depending on how many I get.

EDIT: Spreadsheet can now be edited, I forgot to change it earlier…

Submissions close in 6 hours. I am open to extending the deadline if necessary.

Don’t forget to post your screenshots in this thread, and you can PM me your cars if you’d like them to be reviewed.

Deadline has been extended for 1 day! Last chance to get your cars in!

Huadai Motor Company would like to showcase the following vehicles which are powered by the all-new 3.0L Huadai HCV V6 engine. The four vehicles on display here are the full-size Huadai Belholt sedan in entry-level SX trim optioned with AWD in Brillance Blue Metalic. The Huadai Duskan sports utility vehicle in entry-level GX trim in Bronze Mica. The Huadai Pernix hot hatch in top spec GS trim in Tangerineburst. Finally the Huadai Belinta compact sedan in top-level SLX trim and in Gumdrop Red Mica.

The Huadai HCV-engine

Huadai Belholt SX AWD

Huadai Duskan GX AWD

Huadai Pernix GS FWD

Huadai Belinta SLX FWD

5 Likes

Very nice looking cars RK38, I love the meet the family shot of the whole lineup!

I think you may have accidentally shorted yourself some points in the spreadsheet - the last row should record your highest competitiveness score in each category, but it looks like it’s currently displaying the average score. Overall scoring is average competitiveness (sum of the highest score in each category, divided by 9).