Thecarlover's cars - New models inside!

Replace the passenger seat with a gas tank and you’ll be fine. Though the extra weight won’t help the fuel economy :stuck_out_tongue:

If it weren’t mid engined, I’d suggest a couple of Mad Max inspired cylindrical gas tanks sticking out of the trunk. Give it, say, another 100 gallons to burn. I mean, it’s 10 miles, but it’s something.

Still, it’s crazy and I like it.

The Project Z will be unveiled once the top speed bug is resolved and its full potential is unleashed.

In the meantime, here’s something completely different…

The 1962 H.A. 550 V
With a 0-100 km/h time of 29.1 seconds and a top speed of 119.8 km/h, you can be assured that you won’t outrun the communist government.

And the replacement for the the original 550 (that got a couple of refreshes through the decades), the 1994 H.A. 555 V 1.7
With Archana having improved trade with the rest of Europe since the fall of the Iron Curtain, H.A. has been developing new models that appeal to more developed nations but are still popular in their home market. The increasing popularity of 91 octane fuel has allowed for much improved performance and economy over the previously widespread 80 octane.

3 Likes

Been too long since I posted something here…

Here’s the 1995 Solo X-Coupe and X-Roadster, V12 muscle cars competing directly with the new Dodge Viper.

0-100 km/h in 5.3 seconds, top speed of 323.5 km/h for the coupe, 302.6 km/h for the roadster. Both can be yours for just under $40,000!

6 Likes

Oh wow, they both look fantastic! And you’ve really captured the 90s automotive design style. Excellent work.

7 liters V8 pushrod modor, yeah! (I’m actually happy it did fit in the engine bay)
It looks really nice too.

Here’s the 1972 Solo Weasel, a small hatch available in Base, Deluxe (with optional soft top), and Sport trims.

7 Likes

As the winner of the 15th edition of The Car Shopping Round, you may consider posting your winning entry here - the 2013 Solo Jetstream SM. I was awestruck when I first saw it because you had managed to out-HSV HSV with a NA V8 and a well-sorted double wishbone setup at each corner. Should you choose to post this car here, be sure to provide some backstory behind the Jetstream nameplate. :slight_smile:

1 Like

In 2010, H.A. introduced the 465, the latest iteration of the iconic 450 and 455 limousine of Archana’s communist era. Where the 1996 460 had little influence outside Archana, the engineers sought to change that with the latest model. With planning for expansion outside of Europe already well underway, the 465 was designed with much more care and expense and thus became the most expensive H.A. model ever produced.

The 465 E retails for $38150 and is a good choice for the growing executive class in Archana. The V8 engine is new and, like previous H.A. car V8s, is a variant on an engine designed for trucks. As such its basic design is rather rugged and simple, but it has been adapted to work well in this premium sedan.

The 465 E V12 is a completely other class of cars. The V12 is provided by Diamond Automotive and was customised for the Archanan market, hence running on 91 octane rather than the 95 octane level of Diamond cars. This is also the first H.A. car to have a hand-crafted interior and a luxury infotainment system. These extras make it by far the most expensive model, retailing for $109575. This one is popular with the small elite class in Archana, which includes many high ranking members of the government as it is more patriotic than any import.

Both models exceed international emission and safety regulations, and while H.A. only has a dealer network in Europe, the 465 can be specially ordered by international clients.

10 Likes

for one strange reason it reminds me Maybach 57

1 Like

I was aiming for a Maybach-style car, so I understand that. When I put the front end together I thought it had a bit of a Maybach vibe to it.

Looks great :slight_smile: Especially the rear end is impressive to me as I always have a problem to design it on my cars.

Thanks! I usually try to have similarities to the front in some way, and that turned out better on this car than most. The chrome strips with indicators and the lower grill with lights/exhausts are basically the same

That car look like a sucessful person would buy , RWD and V8 is a true luxury .

It actually looks more like a W221 S-Class to me. Being powered by an engine with 91 RON unleaded compatibility is an added bonus for any buyer outside Archana - regular fuel is cheaper than other fuel types.

1948 is the year Solo Motors Co. introduced the Wolf family car, which would gradually become one of the best midsize cars on the market. The 1948 model consisted of Sedan and Wagon variants using a 1.7L I4 and a Premium Sedan trim using a 2.4L I6. These were more in line with what was available on the European than American market, but as the years went on, Solo models grew bigger and more powerful…

5 Likes

1992: A great year for music, video games, and cars. Of course, 1992 is the year Solo Motors Co. unveilled a brand new Lynx. It is available as a 3 door SUV, convertible SUV, and mini pickup. While significantly larger than the outgoing model, it remains diminutive and capable.

Specs and prices available in the 1990-1999 Buyer’s Guide: Buyer's guide

4 Likes

Time to revive this thread with some UE4 cars! I’ll post the random designs that aren’t part of my planned company lore.

14 Likes

Your car design skills have not diminished in the switch to UE4 - quite the opposite, in fact! I would like to see something from Solo Motors, H.A., etc. in the new version, whether it’s a new model or a remake of an earlier one.

Those companies won’t exist in UE4. The Solo name will return as a ‘youth oriented fun brand’ similar to Scion under the new company lore I’m developing. Three of the cars above fit within that new lore.

3 Likes