Buyer's guide

In this thread, we fill the data of our cars in spreadsheets according to the decade they were released. The goal is to have a base data with the line-up of your companies for an easy comparison. It is based in a base data for my magazine.

Here are the spreadsheets. To add more models just add a new row and change the color. Don’t fill the A column, it will update automatically.
There is a filter on the class section.
Update: Now you can manually select different units for power, torque, speed and economy.

1940-1949

1950-1959

1960-1969

[1970-1979] (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Fj7O6bVKpClFOeYW3XUXXtrGpBJmM-Vqa2lOC1evSO0/edit?usp=sharing)

[1980-1989] (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yDglb8fNQmL_zoALDc40FUqhBUMc9nNrfurYm1AJpPs/edit?usp=sharing)

[1990-1999] (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17-KA4yt1PKh3nUy4qInsDJPdc7-LjtOSkNbQBopxbqs/edit?usp=sharing)

[2000-2009] (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XOR6H-sKV7Jpl5M9DxeTGpDcynxesOwSRn_rt-IVUuU/edit?usp=sharing)

[2010-2020] (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UUw9e5Gj01qEIg9_22eFKjADBimxAWo4mpxA6Wy-dB0/edit?usp=sharing)
Any comments and sugestions are welcome!

6 Likes

Fantastic idea! I think you’ve found a way to make a database of all our vehicles that isn’t a nightmare to manage. Superb job!

This is great! I think it would be smart to have separate spreadsheets for different types of cars, though. Compacts/Sedans, Trucks/Vans/SUVs, and Sports/Hypercars would be a good way to go.

going to need to wait for the 70’s for me, though this is a really great idea

Do you have the same idea that I do? I was thinking of creating a thread where people can compare their cars to real life cars that could compete so others could try to compete with them. Is that what you are trying to do?

Great idea, why don’t make a page for each decades instead of different files?

@phale
I’ll add filters, so we can filter the data by class, drivetrain, etc… Because adding different spreadsheets will mean more files, and it’ll be more tedious to fill instead of filling one per decade, specially for those with larges line-ups.

@F17Francesco
Well… they all fit in one page :wink:

@Speedemon
Nope, that’s completely different, this is just for comparison between automation cars. You can do one for comparison with real life cars, or, depending on how you planning to do it, add it to the current spreadsheet.

You misunderstood me, you have created a file named 1940-1949, so i immagine you will create 1950-1959, 1960-1969 etc.
Why don’t merge all this thing in different spreadsheets in the same file?

@F17Francesco Oops, my bad :sweat_smile: It could be done, but I think it’s easier if you want to compare your car with competition, just look the file for the decade your car is in, maybe using the filters I’ll add to search for direct competition :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll do this thing, but I don’t promise I’ll publish it (soon). Just want to complete my company’s lineup, however 1940-1949 is pretty much finished since Airborne produced practically one car in this era

KM/L? Really?

Anyway to regulate this list though, someone could easily enter a nonsense car, like a truck and call it a hyper car.

@squidhead That’s the units I’m used to. 100km/l still confuses me. Anyways, now you can select different units.

@USDMFTW Sorry, we’ll be relying on the honor system. The only one I know would do that isn’t in the forum anymore…

well there was that one time i legit made a hypercar out of a SUV (bureza SP if you’re curious) though i do know what you mean, most of the trolls like that seem to be gone

I’m having trouble adding a new row for additional models - the ‘insert row’ is grayed out.

@phale That was weird, first column was protected. You can try now.

Nonsense cars will be picked up by users as soon as we see them. We know our stuff :wink: A nonsense car is pointless if you don’t know who posted it, we can just hold a consensus to delete it.

Widespread vandalism however is a bigger issue. I do suggest we at least have some kind of permissions requirement do you know who is authorised to post!

So I’ve been adding some of my cars to it, and I realised something about the listed price. There’s a huge difference between the estimated price after completing the car, and the accurate price after organising the engineering/factory settings. What I’ve been doing is adding “est” after the price to signify the estimated price, and I know a lot of people don’t want to mess with the production tabs after designing a car, so making the distinction between estimated and actual price would be useful for comparison.

Good point we should all be on the same page on just what value is shown.

That said in beta right now the cars are coming our awfully cheap, but I expect that’s because it’s not fully calculated. There’s no way my 1140bhp 2017 hypercar in CF with +15 tech in drivetrains and aero sells for 200k est. with a 40% markup. Realistically we’d be looking at ten times tgat uch.

The car I submitted for the previous Car Shopping round, where I filled in the factory tabs, comes in at 34485 with an 18% markup. I cloned the trim, and the estimated price on the clone (everything the same but no factory info) is 22066 with an 18% markup. I can only assume that limited production cars and materials with higher production values will only widen that gap.
The price on the first one is quite realistic for a turbocharged I6, 4 seat premium sport coupe, while the estimated price is clearly much too low for that car.