Thecarlover's mods & WIPs

I’m looking forward to it! This’ll mean we have two proper minivans in game, which is a good thing. I can’t be the only one who wants more minivans.

A mid engine option is a must, please!

No mid engine for this, but I am considering giving it a rear engine option because why not? The VW Type 2 was a rear engined van, so it’d be nice to give people that option in a more modern design.

Meh. As long as we can makes stupid, I don’t care.

i for one second the notion of a mid engined version, since there was a mid engined van made by toyota for the JDM market with a similar body

The issue is that in the game, a mid engine is always in front of the rear axle. The mid engine vans that have been around had the engine just behind the front axle, under the front seats. Front mounted mid engines could be something worth suggesting to the devs, as there are quite a few vans and trucks that have had them. The front-mid engine that is possible now is like the ones the Corvette or Ferrari F12 by having the firewall placed far backwards and having the front of the frame up to the front axle. The engine gets placed above/behind the axel, instead of above/forward of it, but not behind it like the Toyota Previa and other mid engined vans and trucks. Basically, for the sake of realism, I won’t be including a mid engine option until we can get the front-mid configuration. However, I won’t rule it out as a separate thing in a standalone download.

Anyways, here’s what can be done for the rear engine. Engine bay is still subject to change as I tweak things further, but this engine is far from the maximum size it can take at the moment.

ooohhhhhhh 1990s mid engine van body you say?

I love the espace f1

I always thought that was a great looking van, especially compared to the regular Espace of the time. The F1 engine is a nice bonus to it.

Yep. It is a mk2 espace but reminds more to the mk3.

I wonder what would happen if this van could fit 9-litre V8 in the middle of the body…

Airborne Van with F90’s engine? (802HP V8)

For the cargo variant, I’d recommend trying to just take the passenger version and make the windows and borders paint, so you get something a tad closer to this.

[quote=“TrackpadUser”]For the cargo variant, I’d recommend trying to just take the passenger version and make the windows and borders paint, so you get something a tad closer to this.
[/quote]

I simply changed the colour of the polys, though I have removed the thick black border around the windows to make sure things are nice and smooth. No black edges around them, as I’m going for the look of no windows at all as a purpose built cargo van, instead of minivan windows replaced with plastic sheets that I always found to look so tacky. It’d be more expensive to produce IRL, but that’s irrelevant in the game.

Trans Sport now available on first page! Standalone download here:
<a class=‘attachment’
thecarlover90MPVLarge.zip (656.9 KB)

At least you released the most unsecure mpv from the 90s.

Since we don’t have the option of polymer panels anymore, it can only get safer. And unless someone tries recreating GM in their game, safety could be prioritised a bit more in the design…

I really hope we get polymer panels back in some sort of fashion, why were they cut again? Balance issues?

Side note, what’s the next model you’re working on?
I know you probably have a huge list, but can I you to add the Ford Maverick/Pinto to your workload one day?

[quote=“thecarlover”]

Since we don’t have the option of polymer panels anymore, it can only get safer. And unless someone tries recreating GM in their game, safety could be prioritised a bit more in the design…[/quote]

Yep.

In automation the not option now of polymer panels are a few steps back because cara like this, renault espace mk1, trabant, etc… Had this panels.

I’m curious about this as well! :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmm… we already have a body that’s very similar. The 93.3-inch wheelbase, not-an-Austin-Princess body (1974) is close enough to the Pinto in my opinion.

As for the Trans Sport body, I really like it! But it’s not possible to fit a 3800 GM V6 transversely (my only gripe). There’s still room for the 3.1 and 3.4, so… close enough. :stuck_out_tongue:

@SlimJim - Yeah, I thought about the Princess/Pinto model, but nothing Maverick-y enough, plus the Pinto is still a bit different than the Brit. Gremlins or Pacers could be fun, too…