Titleguy finally owns a car (2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed3)

A little big update!

Peep the fact that my car is not completely immobilized by the fact that it is parked on a sheet of pure ice

I frankly don’t know how many miles I’ve put on this car. Probably about 300-500 more up to this point - I’m really awful at keeping track of things, especially when the 3 isn’t my top priority. But recently I decided to treat it with a little something!

We on the Cobb train now woot woot

I took a few minutes out of my day to get the filter in. I’ve never really done any work on a car, so this was an exciting venture for me. I’ve never posted a photo of the engine bay either so here it is!

The weather’s been pretty chilly for the past few months - that’s upstate New York weather for ya, I suppose (although true upstaters argue that it’s western NY. I’m just a downstate heathen though) - so I haven’t been able to perform any major surgeries besides the service back in December. I’ll keep you guys updated for anything fun in the future!

I feel like setting goals up for myself here just to keep track for myself.

• The next step should probably be a Cobb Accessport, which is a pretty hefty investment that I’m not looking forward to given that I’m not exactly raking money with my jobs.

• Once I get home by late May, the weather will definitely be nice enough to give the car the full flush that it deserves.

• There’s a lot of cosmetic damage that still really irritates me that I also don’t want to pour money into but we’ll have to figure that out when we get around to it as well.

10 Likes

I’m not dead - but I almost did die lol.

I suffered a blowout on the highway last Friday, which was scary to say the least when you’re mid-corner at above 60 mph without a shoulder in sight.

The aftermath teehee

So I’m getting new tires this week. I’m also going to be giving it another proper wash - honestly, the first one it’s had since I bought it - as well as changing the spark plugs. All of the money I was saving for an accessport and HKS blowoff valve have gone into new tires, which blows.

9 Likes