TMCC17- The Courier (submissions closed)

The game really needs more modern bodies and parts tbh, and, probably because of the instability of the new update, new mods are kinda slower to launch than on past versions.

5 Likes

sad tatra and volvo noises

Is this for E-segments (XF/5/A6/E/GS), D-segments (XE/3/A4/C/IS), or F-segments (XJ/7/A8/S/LS)? The inspirations vary.

2 Likes

sadly we donā€™t have a modern sedan thatā€™ll let us do a modern tatra 700, since all of them have been locked to front engine only despite having an ample enough trunk to support a decent sized v8 in the rear with two full rows of seats.

2 Likes

RETRO TIME!!!

can I pretty please send a tatra branded car?

the inspirations are just that; inspirations. you can make whatever youā€™d like, as long as it follows the rules outlined in the brief.

1 Like

Question on engine scale. I know in the past for realistic / higher realism challenges it has been said to change the scale to .160, is that also desired in this one?
Thx

I would assume not. The .16 rule in CSR145 was created because of a simple calculation that benchmarked one real-life engine against the default automation size. Most engines that Automation allows to be fitted (And quite a lot that it doesnā€™t; Thanks, longi FF and longi MR) will typically fit quite easily with their true scale, which is Scale = (Engine Bore / [86 mm or 3.385 inches]) - 1

Iā€™ll be damned, so iow automation is ā€œmostlyā€ correct at standard scale. Well then, thank you!

if you really want to, go ahead. itā€™s not something that debonair or myself are really gonna look at so itā€™s your choice.

Since it isnā€™t clear for me from the rules Iā€™m just gonna askā€¦
The carā€™s year cannot exceed 2020 in the game but are they looking for a 2020 car or the car can be from the following years (2021, 2022, 2023?) too?

it can be from the years you listed, yes. as long as itā€™s set to 2020 in Automation, itā€™s fine.

1 Like

I was chosed this body. Can it be approximating for your purposes?

um

i really canā€™t say, if i were to comment on your body choice, some could see it as giving you an unfair advantage.

3 Likes

as someone with no intention to enter

Why the fuck would you choose a body from 1990 for a challenge set in 2020+.

The E31 body is simply too old and simplistic for the 2010s and later. On top of that, itā€™s close to the lower wheelbase limit for this round.

As for the question of mid- and rear-engined designs: there are no such real-life cars in E- or F-segment size with either of those engine placements from that period.

Isnā€™t it because of these bodies that you donā€™t want to participate?

Thatā€™s not the real reason - besides, the C-HR body set as a whole looks more like an SUV and should be treated as such.

Someone else was talking about considering a retro design, and I was thinking about it as well. Plus, Automationā€™s generic blobs can go a long way with skilled enough fixture design (which I donā€™t have, but heyā€¦)

With that said, older bodies are also going to be disadvantaged stat-wise, which can make the car uncompetitive without the skill to work around it.

That doesnā€™t mean that some of us donā€™t want to make some in the nebulous automation space, and are frustrated when the option to do so is taken away from us.

6 Likes

Iā€™m not ready to show but Iā€™ve been fooling around with three bodies after I tried a retro design from what I personally think was one of the best silhouettes from a design overall, the 70ā€™s bmw type. It didnā€™t go well. The performance stats even with the same engine and all other items selected the same was much worse. Itā€™s a shame but I think it was explained earlier, newer bodies have an advantage. Probably try for something in the 2000ā€™s+ Kalan. Some (but not all) of the bodies have MANY more morph sliders and you can get pretty unique. I was playing with a newish Bentley type of morph on one but it was damn heavy. Still, looked prestigious. Good luck!