TMCC17- The Courier (submissions closed)

I’ve got one mostly done—I’ve just got to finish the interior. There’s been some personal drama presently, but, should Murphy and his Law allow, I’ll be able to get it in by the deadline.

I want to join, but am not sure if I’ll be able to. This era & segment’s visual design is a weak point of mine, and I may not have the free time to figure it out.

(on a related note, if anyone has a strong visual-design idea but isn’t sure what to do mechanically, maybe we could collaborate?)

1 Like

Simple was the idea behind the whole design… maybe too simple for the tail lights? I’ll revisit the design.

I forgot to correctly name my file, I hope this will not interfere with my participation.

An incorrect filename will result in the Bin. Unfortunate.

And that would be a smart choice, because there really is a lot of work here. That’s what I wanted to do in the beginning too. Ideally, you should appoint someone responsible for the interior, exterior and chassis. Then the chances of winning will increases sharply.
@Tsundere-kun
Well, yes, it would be a great drama: because in that case I would refuse from such tournaments altogether.

Buddy just re- submit with the correct naming. Rules are rules and early binning is like doing your homework but forgetting to put your name on it. Insta-fail for some teachers.

1 Like

That’s school mentality, though. I’d rather be treated like I’m in university: Minimum expectations for format, just make sure not to mess up the content.

1 Like

I’m just afraid of causing any inconvenience to the hosts running the competition.

Same here- can’t do shit with modern car styling.

Yeah I get that logic too, but some folks get bin-happy over naming and stuff. Again I guess it comes down to hosts rules.

You should send a direct message asking for the opportunity to resubmit with the correct naming scheme. As long as you are respectful, it won’t do any harm.

4 Likes

What type of interior is accepted, LHD or RHD?

I’m putting the final touches on mine. The interior is always a lot of work, but must be up to standard.

1 Like

Well, to put it this way, I never like to instabin a vehicle, especially not for such an easily avoided, and as it seems like, small thing as not following the naming regulations.

On the other hand, if you get 20-30 files, and maybe already have hundreds on your own, and maybe need to check every file multiple times, it is really a pain if you have to browse through everything to find them. They should all be in one place when you sort them in alphabetical order, which they will be if the naming regulation is followed.

It’s really a smaller thing to ask the participants for to follow a naming regulation, than to ask the host for doing the work involved with that.

4 Likes

either is fine, i didn’t really have a specific part of the world in mind when i wrote the brief

2 Likes
Zephorus K-SL

So drivable it may as well have autopilot.
20 Likes

2020 Dafeng Visios GT

Premier sports sedan from China

3.5l tubocharged V6 powering all 4 wheels through a seven speed automatic gearbox.

Dual tone leather sports seats, three zone climate control, expansive lcd screen for driver information and infotainment.

13 Likes

Bergmann Geist ClubSport

Because you are rich without showing everyone

17 Likes

5 Likes