TMCC20 - Only Moment

This makes sense considering that cheaper fuel leads to generally lower running costs, all other things being equal.

1 Like

ROUND OPEN
Submissions are now officially open—you have roughly 3 weeks, so try not to rush it.
Don’t let the production team down!

3 Likes

is semi-space frame allowed or not? it’s also made of aluminum after all

Yes (since if its IRL counterpart is anything to go by, it uses welds and rivets in addition to adhesive).

3 Likes

7 DAYS LEFT
If you’ve completed your vehicles, now might be a good time to submit them so I can review them sooner.
Don’t forget that every entry also needs a forum post with images (in the form of an ad or otherwise).

Oh, yeah: it’d also help me out a lot if you describe what your vehicles are armed with, since a vehicle’s arsenal isn’t the most apparent in-game.

2 Likes
2014 AT-HI Mori MK1, the Grim Reaper of Your Dreams

Do you need a fast and effective way to Unalive your competitors with easy? Do you need a car that could protect you from the pesky agents sent by the IRS cuz you hadn't pay any of your taxies? Do you need a car that could blow the fuck up some clueless, under-equipped, and staving conscripts in a certain European warzone?

No need to worry, AT-Heavy Industry have just the right machine for you. We at AT-HI present you our newest innovation, the 2014 AT-HI Mori MK1, the Grim Reaper of your dreams. It is powered by a 3.5L LMH V6 by Cosmoth PowerUnit, making around 670hp. It’s paired with an AWD 6 speed manual allowing it to launch from 0 to 100 km/h in just 3.1 seconds and a top speed of 310 km/h. It is also equipped with an experimental autopilot system, Electric Var. Power Steering, ESC, and Launch control to optimize your driving experience.

Armament wise, Mori is armed with an advance computer assisted aiming system, a 20mm Autocannon, 3 switchblade drones, a state-of-the-art Electronic Warfare System with an integrated radar, a micro missile launcher, an AT-HI scout drone(w/ radar), and 4 multipurpose grenade launcher with 3 modes (Smoke/ white phosphorus/ High Explosive). It is protected by 4 advance explosive reactive amour capable of taking a few AT-GMs, full composite armor panels for maximum protection and less weight, and a bullet-proof canopy that could easily handle high caliber rifle rounds. It is also compatible with a remote weapons aiming system for your buddy to have some fun while away from danger. If all fails, we also have a Glock 18 near the seat for close combat.

It is now available in many colours including stealth black, forest camo, and arctic camo. You could find Mori on our website ;

AT-HeavyIndustry.com/view/Mori-MK1

AT Heavy Industry, We Can (Not) Make Shit Go Ka-Boom
17 Likes

POSSIBLE EXTENSION
Due to the relative lack of entries, I’m considering extending the deadline.
If at least 3 votes are cast towards either of the two extension options within 24 hours, the chosen extension will become final, and I’ll create a new countdown timer and update the main post accordingly.

• No Extension
  • 5-Day Extension (to the 20th)
  • 10-Day Extension (to the 25th)

0 voters

The deadline has officially been extended to the 25th!
The top post has also been updated with a new countdown timer link.
3 Likes

EAT SHIT.

CENTURION 9000

TAKE UP YOUR WHOLE FUCKING SCREEN

IT HAS A BIG ASS FUCKING GUN

10 Likes

should have done that lmao

7 Likes

JSDF SUISEI HEAVY INDUSTRY TYPE 14A IFV

JSDF SUISEI HEAVY INDUSTRY TYPE 14A IFV

• Twin 30mm Autocannons
  • Quad TOW-2 ATGM
  • 20L V10 Diesel Turbo
  • Active Steering system
  • Composite Addon
An effective IFV that can rip through the streets nimbly with its 4WS and crush any obstacle with its powerful engines and rugged protection for the crew inside and ride along troops. Capable of maneuvering through large varieties of terrain and the active air suspension system to provide a seamless ride.
27 Likes

24 HOURS LEFT
If you have an entry and forum post ready, you may regret procrastinating on submitting them.

3 Likes

4 Likes

…Shit, how do i make it bigger?

It was bigger just a second ago, I was scrolling through it. So whatever you did, undo it!

Um idk,

This is a rear-engined armored offroader with a crewed minigun on top and 2 front-mounted 50-cals. It seats three, with the middle person’s seat bottom being able to rise up to man the minigun turret and rotate with it. It is powered by a 8100 aluminum big block, which only powers the rear wheels as the amount of weight at the rear axle allows the damn thing to cover any and all challenging terrain regardless - with help from the massive armored skidplate at the bottom. No proper military would buy it, but it looks cool ig.

I kind of lost motivation on working out the finer details of this thing, but I think it should still compete and be judged.

3 Likes

ROUND CLOSED
The first part of reviews should be out within the next few days, with a conclusion projected to follow a week after.

3 Likes

please don’t let there be salt

PART 1/2
REVIEWS

Having received a number of submissions from companies eager for their vehicles to feature in the movie, the screenwriter, executive producer, and director walk into a meeting room, ready to make a decision. A projector is turned on, casting a 3D mockup of the first vehicle onto a whiteboard.

CENTURION

@ldub0775

EP: First things first, we got a semi truck with a hell of a gun turret on it.

D: That looks… awfully unsteady. Like it’d have more of a chance to tip over and flatten the heroes instead of turning them into Swiss cheese.

SW: [derisively] Probably really good at doing wheelies though.

EP: Okay, okay, let’s… Can we just focus on the actual truck for a second?

D: Credit where credit’s due, it does have a lot of presence. The bull bar certainly helps.

SW: Yeah, no, the gun just doesn’t do it for me at all. It’d be fine in some CG animation from a couple decades ago, but now? I’m afraid not.

EP: Can you please just shut up about the placement of–

SW: It’s not just the placement, it’s the complete and utter lack of detail! Something that can practically saw through the heroes’ car deserves at least a bit more respect!

EP: Mm. Yeah, okay, that might be a problem. Especially since the 3D department’s got their hands full with the, uh, other weapons.

SW: The 3D model we were sent also lacks any sort of driveshafts or differentials. And brake lights. And door handle–

D: We get it. I mean, detail or not, this should be a competent vehicle to use in the scene–oh.

SW: What?

D: Looks like the base truck hasn’t received a safety certification since… the 90s.

EP: Jesus, you serious?

D: Yup. And even if we were to retrofit it for stunts, which is already well outside of our budget, it’s not all that well suited for barrelling across the desert sand.

EP: …I see. Well, I guess that settles that.

VERDICT
ELIMINATED

OOC: The idea of mounting a massive autocannon to an otherwise regular heavy truck is intriguing, but this specific instance of such an idea has a few flaws. For starters, the autocannon itself is awkwardly positioned and is sorely lacking in detail. The armoured 9000 itself is a decent build, but it too could use a little more detail (such as taillights and door handles, both of which are absent). The final nail in the coffin was the questionable decision to use advanced 1960s safety on a chassis from 2014, implying that the folks at Centurion never bothered to do anything with the 9000's safety for decades, as well as its offroad score that fell quite short of the required minimum. In short, it seems to me that more attention was paid to the general idea of this entry instead of how to best go about it, and it suffered as a result.

MCF
VBLM 24/105

@MCF

EP: Alright, something more reasonable this time.

D: Yep.

SW: Ooh, look at the offroad testing data. This thing can take uneven terrain like a champ.

D: Doesn’t cost too much to keep in shape, either.

EP: Fellas, I think you’re missing the part where it’s got specs for three axles, but the model only has two.

SW: [visibly confused] Huh?

EP: It’s stated to ride on six wheels, but… at risk of stating the obvious, it doesn’t line up.

D: We can contact them later. For now, I suggest we take a look at what kind of weapons this baby’s got.

SW: …I had no idea you could do that with these models.

D: Do what?

SW: Look at that sensor array on the turret. See how it pulses red like that?

D: I see. Smart. Though I don’t think the gun would be the easiest to use with that stuff on the roof in the way, since it doesn’t look like it can aim up or down.

[The director notices something else on the model.]

D: Is it just me, or is the inside of the car showing?

SW: You mean the interior? I don’t think the 3D model they sent us was supposed to come with one.

D: No, I mean, the inside of the body and whatnot. Stuff that would normally be hidden by the interior, or opaque glass.

EP: Looks like a few corners were cut. I mean, it may not matter in the actual movie, but you gotta admit, it doesn’t leave the best of impressions.

SW: Still better than that semi truck, at least. It definitely aligns more closely with what I had in mind for the scene.

VERDICT
ELIMINATED

OOC: On its own, this is a solid build with a decent amount of detail (the team's turret-related nitpicks aside), but its lack of an interior (despite transparent windows) and use of wheel quality that implies an additional axle put it at a disadvantage in the context of this challenge. Furthermore, in spite of its decent stats, it being a "regular" 4x4 LAV means that it simply doesn't bring enough to the table compared to some other entries.

SUISEI
TYPE 14A IFX-A

@Falling_Comet

D: Woah.

SW: “Woah” is right. This… this definitely goes beyond what I had in mind.

EP: Uh… you don’t think that it’s more than a little suspicious that someone is able, and willing, to deliver a brand-new military IFV to the set?

D: [chuckles] Well, I wouldn’t put it past a Suisei exec, or government offical, or both, to pull some strings.

EP: As much as I wanna say you’re reaching, I can’t think of a better explanation. But still, if something’s too good to be true…

D: Well, it seems to be the real deal, given its lower upkeep costs and tolerance for crappy fuel.

SW: This 3D model, though… it seems kind of unfinished on the inside.

[The screenwriter gestures to the “screen”, and zooms in on the 3D model.]

D: Hmm, I didn’t know you had interior shots in mind.

SW: I don’t. It’s just… agh, never mind. Just me nitpicking again, I guess.

EP: Looks like this one’s the most expensive of the bunch so far. But it’s got decent reliability and off-roading prowess, so I guess you get what you pay for.

D: Either way, this one definitely has a chance.

VERDICT
ADVANCES TO FINAL DECISION

OOC: Although it's not the most out-there of possible entries (at least if the Mori below is anything to go by), it does what a regular armoured 4x4 does, and does it better. Whether it's the grilles on top of grilles, the lack of windows, the tightly-packed recessed headlights, or the multitude of rivets that span the fully-armoured ingot-like body, the Type 14A looks more than prepared to take just as much as it can dish out.

FLANKER VEHICLE

@Texaslav

EP: So, this one doesn’t have a company name attached to it, though I think that’s because it’s a custom job. Built by a shop somewhere in Texas, I was told.

SW: Definitely looks like they used an existing car as a base, though I have no idea what car that would be.

EP: Let’s see here… it’s got an 8100 V8, a couple of what I assume to be Ma Deuces in the front, and a mounted M134. Certainly makes an impression.

SW: It’s got the seats too. Just a partial firewall, which I guess is to be expected for something like this, but… there’s no steering wheel.

D: So, uh, extra hearing protection, and get 'em to put some actual controls in the finished product. Noted.

SW: Also, we might need bulletproof grates for those massive exhausts. One more thing: could we ask them to maybe redo the rear of the car? I’m not feeling it with the current design.

EP: We could, but that’d likely be too much of a time investment, so no. As the name implies, there’d be two or three of these in the scene (and we can certainly afford them), but since they’re custom-fabricated… yeah, that would simply take longer than it would be worth.

D: A bit of a shame, honestly. Something other than the expected truck would’ve been cool.

VERDICT
ELIMINATED

OOC: The uniqueness of this entry works to its benefit. What doesn't, however, is the lack of refinement. A barebones interior would've been nice to see had it been equipped with a steering wheel, a shifter, and other such controls, and design-wise, the unmodified greenhouse and awkward rear of the car leave something to be desired. Aside from it being the least expensive entry, at just over half the cost cap ($45500), its stats—while decent—are nothing special. Even if more of the budget was used, the car's design would need work as well for this to be a true contender.

AT-HI
MORI MK1

@T0M

D: …So, I don’t suppose anyone has any idea as to what this is doing here?

SW: Well, ya gotta admit, it’s not your dad’s GT-R. I mean, I’m not entirely opposed to the big, hulking armoured truck being replaced with a bunch of these swarming the heroes.

D: I’m not really sold on the carbon wheel wrap or the yellow calipers. They just seem a bit shouty to me. It does have quite some detail, though. Warning labels, an emergency pistol…

EP: It’s got a hell of an arsenal too. Take a look at the spec sheet real quick.

SW: Grenade launchers, active suspension, explosive reactive armour, 670 horsepower… man, the stunt guys are gonna love this one.

D: Wait, explosive reactive armour? Is that even legal here?

EP: Uh, the stuff with asterisks is fictional. As in, it’s what the car is armed with in the movie, not in real life. So we’ll need to get the pyrotechnics department to take care of that.

D: I see. Anyways, what do we all think?

SW: How did the company not become deadbeat from this insane design exercise that is in no way guaranteed to make it into the movie?

D: …I meant besides that.

EP: From the looks on your faces, it seems like you’re not entirely sold on this one due to it, y’know, going against the general idea and whatnot. Which is a sentiment I share, by the way. …Not that that precludes its appearance.

SW: In any case, we can decide later if it makes the cut or not.

VERDICT
ADVANCES TO FINAL DECISION

OOC: This isn't what I was expecting at all, but this take on the FF6 Flip Car concept results in something that isn't really out of place despite its stature. Equipped with a twin-turbo LMH LMP1-derived engine (remember, this is in 2014) that punches above its weight, as well as enough weaponry to turn anyone into extra-crispy KFC, the Mori presents a compelling argument towards an alternative approach to this challenge.

Stay tuned for the conclusion and final rankings!
12 Likes

Really cool review style! Totally on me for not ‘finishing’ the car, as is. I hate interiors and while I did have this kind of “breaker panel” thing in mind with switches and buttons for guns and stuff, I just ran out of motivation ig

4 Likes

UPDATE
Writing is well underway (past the halfway point), and I still need to shoot and edit a few photos in preparation for the conclusion.

Thank you for your patience.

5 Likes